GDT: x-CAR - CBJ - The College (arena) Years

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This is random but our epic penalty kill reminded me of the first AND LAST time I brought my sis to a hockey game. I'd finally tricked her into it and after a huge penalty kill the crowd started applauding and she was all "I don't understand why people are clapping and nothing's happening" lol.

Then she cheered when the home team (caps) scored just because she liked the tech effects. lol

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
@tarheelhockey
I BELIEVE 'TIS TIME TO VENTURE FORTH THE MAIN BOARD TO SING OUR HYMNS OF NED'S GREATNESS.

almost seems deserving of a main board thread, amirite?
Wait, isn't there somebody you're forgetting to ask?

Florida%20Panther%204000x2200.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
This is random but our epic penalty kill reminded me of the first AND LAST time I brought my sis to a hockey game. I'd finally tricked her into it and after a huge penalty kill the crowd started applauding and she was all "I don't understand why people are clapping and nothing's happening" lol.

Then she cheered when the home team (caps) scored just because she liked the tech effects. lol
Bless her heart...

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Wasn't pretty but this squad has been winning ugly all year.

I mentioned two years ago that it felt very 2009 and it really played out that way in making it to the ECF and getting swept.

This year feels VERY 2006. Being in the hunt for the presidents trophy. Having a hot shot rookie goalie turning heads (although Cam wasn’t actually great in the reg season).

The depth of the forwards and the D playing a cohesive team game... it’s all there man.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I mentioned two years ago that it felt very 2009 and it really played out that way in making it to the ECF and getting swept.

This year feels VERY 2006. Being in the hunt for the presidents trophy. Having a hot shot rookie goalie turning heads (although Cam wasn’t actually great in the reg season).

The depth of the forwards and the D playing a cohesive team game... it’s all there man.
BETTER GOALIE DEPTH RN, JUST SAYING.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I mean too Ned two years ago that it felt very 2009 and it really played out that way in making it to the ECF and getting swept.

I'm starting to see it now too, early on I was kind of skepitcal. That team thrived on playing from behind, they'd be down 2 goals going into the 3rd and be like "No biggie, we can win this in regulation!" and they would. This squad, they've done the last minute goal and 3rd period comeback a few times but they also clamp down when the game is tied and on the line, the 2006 team lived on the edge a little too much for my liking but they got shit done.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Comparing the 06 forwards to this seasons forwards, the current group has better depth. There are no Craig Adams or 06 version Chad LaRose types on this team. Lorentz and Geekie are far ahead of those players.

The 06 team had those centers though. Staal in a 100 point season, Brindy in a 70 point Selke season and Cullen was an excellent two-way 3rd line center, and Kevyn Adams may have been the best 4th line center in the league that year. Not that the current center group is a slouch either.

Obviously the current defense is a quantum leap improvement from the 06 team and the goaltending is probably at least equal if not better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00