GDT: WWE Wrestlemania 34 (8th April 2018)

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Atleast the night started out great with Seth winning, so all members of the shield are grand slam champions

That's pretty damn cool

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
God ending Asuka’s streak is so dumb.

Why spend literally years building her up as the ultimate monster, have her win the Rumble, book the MMC around her streak, just to end it before she even wins the belt, and to Charlotte?!?
Typical ADD booking Vince has with the women is all. Then they do a post-match like Charlotte has been a huge rival of hers and then they do the Cena thing which totally geeks them both out. Plainly said, it clearly wasn’t important and they didn’t feel the streak was hot enough.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He looked pretty good tonight.

They shouldn't have him doing spot filled matches like he did before, but matches like this, have him take normal moves and it can work.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can’t wait to get the bad taste of this out of my mouth by watching NXT later this week.

Think I’ll be done with the main roster for a bit after these post-WM shows with the playoffs starting and a not-so-inspiring post-WM direction based off this show.

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, I'm fairly certain the RAW tag team will work out like this;

- Tonight Angle will come out and tell Braun he doesn't have a valid tag team partner, so he, and Nicholas are stripped of the tag team titles.
- This begins Braun's next rampage, leading to whatever his next feud is
- Allows there to be a tag team tournament or something where AOP make their debuts.

Reactions: Virtanen18

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No I get that. But I don't think he should have come out as the Deadman, especially after leaving his gear in the ring last year.

The guy you saw tonight is the Undertaker. Not the biker, not the American Badass, not Big Evil. Over this season, it's been up there with the John Cena heel-turn we never got. It wouldn't have shocked me completely if it happened, but I found it more unlikely than literally anybody else on this board. At least not without a story behind it. When Vince is selling people the Undertaker - he is selling the Undertaker everyone has seen, he is selling you the nostalgia, and has nothing to gain from randomly bringing back a short-term character. They don't want you to remember that it ever happened. Just like when John Cena was a rapper or Batista was a deacon.

I don't understand where this obsession with the biker Undertaker came from, specifically around here. I can understand the speculation that it might happen, but everybody thought it wasn't good back then even if he performed it well, and the biker by far was the most disliked of any incarnation he's done. Everyone spent the whole time waiting for the Deadman to return. If it was something that he or Vince thought was worth it, it wouldn't be on the shelf for the last 15 years, unless probably for whatever reason the Undertaker demanded to do it.

We all have been watching wrestling long enough to know that retirements are virtually never real. Never. The only guy who stuck to his guns was Shawn Michaels.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not trying to stir the pot here or whatever but I find it very odd that Nak and Asuka lost tonight. Why are we so afraid of making stars out of people who may be a little different. I know it's tough for them and the english language. But I don't care. They are fantastic performers. Both could have been made huge stars tonight. Just some issues:

Dumb:
- Put Nak over and what the f*** was that match? Let them create their own match for 20 minutes. That was horrible.
- Put Asuka over and let her run all the way til next WM where she gets beat. Let the story play out.
- PUT RUSEV OVER. GOOD LORD.
- Cena/Taker was utterly pointless.
- Lesnar/Reigns suuuucked. Was the crowd chanting "This is boring"?
- What the HELL was the Strowman thing for? If it was make a wish, then AWESOME. If it was just a kid... f*** that. Get a partner and make some wrestler's moment.

Good:
+ Opener for sure. Those guys were on point. MOTN. And it probably didn't even crack 4 stars. Great pace.
+ Bray/Hardy uniting
+ Rousey/Angle/HHH/Steph - Best entertainment value all night. I seriously loved that.
+ Watching DB wrestle again. I am just so happy for that man.

And if I was an indy darling or NJPW - i'd say f*** WWE. Thank God for NXT. It will keep my passion in wrestling. I hope nobody gets called up because i'm sick of watching them die to horrible booking. Just another year to make stars and we don't.

Reactions: Virtanen18

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, I'm fairly certain the RAW tag team will work out like this;

- Tonight Angle will come out and tell Braun he doesn't have a valid tag team partner, so he, and Nicholas are stripped of the tag team titles.
- This begins Braun's next rampage, leading to whatever his next feud is
- Allows there to be a tag team tournament or something where AOP make their debuts.

Well, in AOP what you have is 2 big guys who can take down Braun.

There isn't enough tag teams to do a tournament.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The guy you saw tonight is the Undertaker. Not the biker, not the American Badass, not Big Evil. Over this season, it's been up there with the John Cena heel-turn we never got. It wouldn't have shocked me completely if it happened, but I found it more unlikely than literally anybody else on this board. At least not without a story behind it. When Vince is selling people the Undertaker - he is selling the Undertaker everyone has seen, he is selling you the nostalgia, and has nothing to gain from randomly bringing back a short-term character. They don't want you to remember that it ever happened. Just like when John Cena was a rapper or Batista was a deacon.

I don't understand where this obsession with the biker Undertaker came from, specifically around here. I can understand the speculation that it might happen, but everybody thought it wasn't good back then even if he performed it well, and the biker by far was the most disliked of any incarnation he's done. Everyone spent the whole time waiting for the Deadman to return. If it was something that he or Vince thought was worth it, it wouldn't be on the shelf for the last 15 years, unless probably for whatever reason the Undertaker demanded to do it.

We all have been watching wrestling long enough to know that retirements are virtually never real. Never. The only guy who stuck to his guns was Shawn Michaels.
Biker Taker was trash. I didn't want Biker Taker. I just didn't want Undertaker in general. There was no point to this match tonight. Him leaving his gear in the ring last year and showing a human side by embracing his wife, even if I hated that it was after a loss to Reigns, seemed like a perfect way to send him off. Just perfect.

Then we get this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Best matches in order:
-Charlotte/Asuka or Miz/Balor/Rollins (undecided)
-Mixed Tag
-AJ/Nakamura
-Cruiserweights
-Danielson return tag
-4 way US Title
-Smackdown tags
-either battle royal
-Lesnar/Reigns
-Raw "tag"
-Alexa/Nia Jax

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, in AOP what you have is 2 big guys who can take down Braun.

There isn't enough tag teams to do a tournament.
AOP, Bar, Wyatt-Hardy, Tozawa-Itami if they wanna cross them over, Titus Worldwide, Slater-Rhyno, Revival, The Club

Strowman and an actual partner if they don’t wanna cross over Itami-Tozawa.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AOP, Bar, Wyatt-Hardy, Tozawa-Itami if they wanna cross them over, Titus Worldwide, Slater-Rhyno, Revival, The Club

Strowman and an actual partner if they don’t wanna cross over Itami-Tozawa.
So you have AOP, the Bar, and a ton of geeks.

It's easy to say you want to do a tournament in this age where Papa Bear Hunter can put them together. But when you get to the main roster, the idea really falls apart.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can’t wait to get the bad taste of this out of my mouth by watching NXT later this week.

Think I’ll be done with the main roster for a bit after these post-WM shows with the playoffs starting and a not-so-inspiring post-WM direction based off this show.

Same. I am excited to watch that.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not sure how anyone couldn’t like this show. Sure the crowd crapped on the main event but everyone was legitimately surprised by the outcome. Easily one of the best Mania’s in years. A stacked card, great matches, and sure as heck was not predictable. What more could you want??? Seems like some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Agreed. I never understood why people were so invested in Biker Taker coming. It absolutely sucked back in the day. Big Evil was cool, but it was still a lesser gimmick and the return of the deadman gimmick was the right choice.

The only value in Taker at this point is his entrance. Having him roll out on a bike to Kid Rock has no value.

Vince should just let him retire, but if enreally is going to keep trotting him out there, best to let the live crowd pop for the entrance if nothing else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure how anyone couldn’t like this show. Sure the crowd crapped on the main event but everyone was legitimately surprised by the outcome. Easily one of the best Mania’s in years. A stacked card, great matches, and sure as heck was not predictable. What more could you want??? Seems like some people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I didn’t think the show was bad either. I never really got bored or felt like the show was never going to end unlike last year. But you do get to the point where there’s 5 matches left when it should be 2. It would help if the show was on earlier so that it didn’t go to midnight. I’m up, I want to talk about the show but it’s almost 2am.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Going to watch the mixed tag right now again. Such an unexpected highly entertaining match. Never thought it would be as good as it was. A definite highlight of the evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad