GDT: WWE Wrestlemania 34 (8th April 2018)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I can’t believe WWE tried to get Reigns over by having him complain to the boss and whine about how Lesnar ought to be punished. I was so confused as to why they would keep running the “what kinda punishment is there going to be?” clip....Since when has being a whiny, tattle-tailing little rat ever gotten a face over? o_O

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Roman has the tools to be a star, Vince just needs to stop the crap with forcing him as a face. It's going the same way as when they tried to force the happy, smiling babyface Rocky Maivia.

the people want to hate Roman...LET THEM. Stop scripting him to death, let him cut promos and be an arrogant heel. They've unintentionally booked him as exactly that for the last 4 years...

just drives home the point, for me, that Vince cant leave soon enough. Watching 205 and NXT, HHH needs to be given full booking control now. Get back to some real wrestling

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Roman has the tools to be a star, Vince just needs to stop the crap with forcing him as a face. It's going the same way as when they tried to force the happy, smiling babyface Rocky Maivia.

the people want to hate Roman...LET THEM. Stop scripting him to death, let him cut promos and be an arrogant heel. They've unintentionally booked him as exactly that for the last 4 years...

just drives home the point, for me, that Vince cant leave soon enough. Watching 205 and NXT, HHH needs to be given full booking control now. Get back to some real wrestling

The Roman stuff has gotten to the point where even a heel turn probably won't be effective in saving him as someone that could be liked down the road.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So the updated story on the finish is that Roman was told Sunday after he arrived at the building, the referee was told at the start of the match, the writing staff was totally in the dark. The blood was not a shoot and was planned. The scene in gorilla with Brock and Vince was probably a work.

My guess is that they’re not going to decide on the finish in Saudi Arabia until they know how Roman is received.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer vs. GKJ at Wrestlemania Star ratings

Via Meltzer

Andre Battle Royal *1/2
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali (Cruiserweights) ***
Women's Battle Royal *1/2
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz (Intercontiental) ***1/2
Charlotte vs. Asuka (SD Women) ****
US Title 4-way **3/4
Angle/Rousey vs. Triple H/Stephanie ****1/4
Bludgeon Brothers vs. Usos vs. New Day (SD Tags) **
Undertaker vs. Cena *1/4
Danielson/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn ***1/2
Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women) **3/4
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE Championship) ***3/4
Strowman/"Nicholas" vs. The Bar (Raw Tags) *
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (Universal) ***

From me:
Andre Battle Royal *1/4
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali (Cruiserweights) ***
Women's Battle Royal *1/2
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz (Intercontiental) ****
Charlotte vs. Asuka (SD Women) ****1/4
US Title 4-way **1/2
Angle/Rousey vs. Triple H/Stephanie ****
Bludgeon Brothers vs. Usos vs. New Day (SD Tags) **
Undertaker vs. Cena *1/2
Danielson/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn **1/2
Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women) *1/2
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE Championship) ***1/2
Strowman/"Nicholas" vs. The Bar (Raw Tags) DUD
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (Universal) **1/2

I saw one or two people go so low and go into negatives. First off, there was no negative-star matches on this show. There were matches that weren't good, and that's where you go low. Negative stars go to matches with appreciably terrible work rate, egregiously blowing routine spots, and/or (preferably "and" since they are rare, especially these days, and we're talking about a perfect storm of all-around awfulness) completely making a sham out of the match. It's not just a match that you hated. Negatives is more going out of your way to condemn the performers for going out and being atrocious and unprepared as opposed to the match itself.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad