GDT: WWE TLC (22nd October 2017) - Putting the Angle back together

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Wow, I forgot about Asuka's debut. Kinda gets lost in all the craziness.

I liked the ECW-style hallway promos with AJ and Finn and Rollins/Ambrose. I think this will be fun.

Didn't realize it's the Super Bowl rematch tonight on SNF. I can see why they had to keep this show strong.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Finn/AJ isn't even my top 2 things for this PPV.

1) The TLC match just became REALLY interesting. If it is Angles first match back, what a cool moment. I hope the crowd is on fire. This guy deserves a comeback. Maybe even a WM match. I hope he wrestles but I won't believe it until he enters that ring and the bell sounds.

And like GKJ said - can The Shield use this against Roman? How f***ing cool would that be.

2) Asuka!! I hope she kills someone.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Yeah, I didn't think it was an actual tag match. More of a team match like most TLC multi-man matches. I really wonder if they book the Shield to lose tonight because of no Roman. They can set it up for a triumph at Survivor Series if he can return. Seems like long odds for two middleweight guys and a guy that wrestled with broken frickin' neck against the next best tag team on that show, the IC champ and two major hosses. Fascinating to see how they re-write this storyline.

Will mark so hard for any and all Angle slams. How many "you still got it" chants will we hear?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Watch, WWE is going to have Rollins/Ambrose/Angle lose and play up how important Roman Reigns is. Not that they should win, because 3 (basically 2) guys beating a 5-man team should not happen. But you just KNOW WWE is going to play up the "Shield can't win without Roman Reigns, he's the glue" angle when they do inevitably lose.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You'd think Seth and Dean might have chatted before cutting promos

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hasn't Ambrose been in 4 of the last 5 TLC matches at TLC? Thats pretty cool. I like it when certain match types become a trademark for wrestlers. Ala HiaC with Undertaker, TLC with Edge..... not like the I quit match with Cena tho...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad