GDT: WWE TLC (22nd October 2017) - Putting the Angle back together

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You replace stars with stars, not stars with a joke cruiserweight match that no one cares about. You want people to remain excited about a show, not make them feel even worse about a show that is really one match deep.
Sure. And that's why the company is shit. Because they throw everything away. And they do that with making zero sense.

Bray a star? LUL Curt Hawkins is a star too then.

So now a Tag Team that has struggled to defeat the heel team is teaming with an old-timer to make up Kane, Strowman, and Miz. Makes sense.

Smackdown is challenging RAW. Cool. Except this shit will happen next month. What does Smackdown get for letting their star go on RAW and spike their kayfabe ratings?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
AJ vs Finn should be fantastic and can maybe be planting the seeds for their HOPEFUL rivalry over The Club.

Angle is either gonna get attacked before the match or not do much and Jason Jordan will come out, guaranteed.

I already didn't like Kane in this match now I really wish he wasn't so it would be Seth, Dean and Angle w/ Jordan vs Bar, Miz and Braun
f*** it.

Put Jinder on the heel team and bring over Gable and Benjamin. Wooooooooooo. I'm a WWE booker.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sure. And that's why the company is ****. Because they throw everything away. And they do that with making zero sense.

Bray a star? LUL Curt Hawkins is a star too then.

So now a Tag Team that has struggled to defeat the heel team is teaming with an old-timer to make up Kane, Strowman, and Miz. Makes sense.

Smackdown is challenging RAW. Cool. Except this **** will happen next month. What does Smackdown get for letting their star go on RAW and spike their kayfabe ratings?

The good brothers help AJ beat Finn, then come to SD.

Or the good brothers help Finn win and attack everyone in the main event.
(then all get destroyed by Lesnar at the Rumble :( )

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Then you are down a match and insanely short on time.

Kimi is also right. You have to replace stars with stars or you severely short change the paying audience when attendance is already a mess.

Did anybody actually want to see Bray vs. Finn? You can put together some kind of other special attraction.

I think the main event's going to end up with Jordan in it anyways.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You can’t take Angle out of the match. Shield reunion was the draw. Reigns is out. Angle is the next best thing, probably even better. The fans want it, that’d be an awful bait and switch.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You can’t take Angle out of the match. Shield reunion was the draw. Reigns is out. Angle is the next best thing, probably even better. The fans want it, that’d be an awful bait and switch.
Except the event is 2 days away. Tons of casual fans aren't even going too know about it lolol

It'll probably end up a 5 on 4 or 5 on 5. Kurt not evening the odds when he's GM would also add to the silly booking. Maybe Jordan and Joe? Or Jordan and Matt Hardy.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if Kurt doesnt come out in full Shield gear im unsubbing from network

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I could see Angle selling people on watching and then you have a Jason Jordan or someone roll on in. Whether you like it or not. I cannot imagine this will be Angle's in-ring return. I just don't.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I could definitely see him doing it to build up heat. Getting heat on people is something he sees as paramount, and this is a great opportunity to do it. It's why no one ever goes over in their home town.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
its a shame we wont see a proper build to AJ v Finn but im hyped

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Except the event is 2 days away. Tons of casual fans aren't even going too know about it lolol

It'll probably end up a 5 on 4 or 5 on 5. Kurt not evening the odds when he's GM would also add to the silly booking. Maybe Jordan and Joe? Or Jordan and Matt Hardy.
Those who buy tickets are absolutely aware. Same with those who have already bought them and were looking forward to The Shield reunion only to get to see Kurt Angle’s in-ring return instead.

Casuals can still follow along on social media and WWE.com. They’re aware of what’s happening.

I don’t see any way Kurt Angle isn’t working the match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They weren't going to bait-and-switch The Shield reunion. They need this draw on a weak card. They're not going to bait-and-switch Angle. I just can't see any situation where that happens.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Those who buy tickets are absolutely aware. Same with those who have already bought them and were looking forward to The Shield reunion only to get to see Kurt Angle’s in-ring return instead.

Casuals can still follow along on social media and WWE.com. They’re aware of what’s happening.

I don’t see any way Kurt Angle isn’t working the match.
Oh right, it's not like Network numbers and the places with PPV buys don't mean anything to them. Got'cha!

I also don't know why you keep saying you dont see any way he's not working the match to me. I've never once said he wont be?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oh right, it's not like Network numbers and the places with PPV buys don't mean anything to them. Got'cha!

I also don't know why you keep saying you dont see any way he's not working the match to me. I've never once said he wont be?
I must have misread. My bad. I thought you were saying they would take Angle out of the match and put in someone like Jordan or Hardy or something.

Sword

May 26, 2014
iHMloJpl.jpg

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Whoa what?! I had to look at my calendar to see if this was an April Fools joke. Nothing makes sense and I love it.

OMG... Praying for no Angle injury.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I must have misread. My bad. I thought you were saying they would take Angle out of the match and put in someone like Jordan or Hardy or something.
Nah I said it should be made a 5 on 5. What GM would put himself at that disadvantage. Face or not?

Rollins/Ambrose/Angle/Jordan/Hardy vs. Kane/Braun/Miz/Sheamus/Cesaro

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Weird show just got weirder...how do they kayfabe book this? I can understand Angle getting involved since he's had beef with Miz. AJ-Finn is such a cool match potentially. I want Fonzy Finn, not Demon Finn.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
There are a few scenarios where this could work.

*Joe interfere in the main event and attacks angle, is mad that angle put himself in the main event rather than giving it to someone like him. This sets up a future Joe-Angle match which would be great.

Angle joining the main event to bury miz legitimizes his rants that "the one real champ" is being held down. Take it a little further between the two- say Jordan wins the IC title in screwy fashion- and maybe you have a Miz-Angle mania match?

I dunno. I feel like wwe isn't going to care this wrecks any shred of continuity tho

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrestling today is less kayfabe so the continuity of the storylines is okay to get rid of when a situation like this breaks out. Fans will forgive the fact The Shield won't be there tonight because it's a health scare that is unavoidable. If WWE delivers and takes care of the fans, this will actually be an enjoyable and fun PPV. If they do something stupid like promote Kurt and give us Jason Jordan, then you will have the fans turn around and give back what they deserve.

Because this is all based on legit health issues, I don't feel anyone will care about continuity. This PPV will simply be about having an enjoyable night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad