GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
What's all the commotion about?? I just read on my Facebook that a bunch of people are pissed.

Am seriously asking. I haven't watched wrestling since the Attitude Era so I just am wondering what has people so angry...

Goldberg just squashed Brock in 60 secs with 3 moves and it was that. It was vintage Goldberg stuff but still.

I don,t really follow either but i do know that they have build Lesnar to be this unstoppable machine with an MMA figher gimmick. And then they do this..... Brock had like 0 offense other than pushing Goldberg in the corner in the first 20 secs. The Goldberg pushed him , Brock fell , got up. Goldberg speared him twice. Jackhammer. 1-2-3 match over :laugh:.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Honestly, Wyatt should have gotten the streak rub. Whether it was actually ending the streak or beating Lesnar - it should have been him.

This ... while awesome, overdue, etc ... is pretty much something that would only happen in a perfect world scenario.

LOL :cry:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is the type of **** a dying WCW would pull.

Go for the "omg the shock factor!11one" short term gain instead of focusing on long term, meaningful builds.

Like i said, i have no problem with Goldberg wanting to do his son a solid and perform one more time. In fact, i respect that. As far as i'm concerned this is all on WWE.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I didn't notice it before but shane was definitely concussed. I thought he was just selling like a champ at first but now that i see the motion his arms do you can tell he's not there anymore. The body does that when your bell is rung HARD.

Also, randy immediately goes to his kid(s) to comfort them.

He also ordered everyone to brawl out of the ring instead of inside to let them take shane out.
Good guy randy.

Randy was clearly the MVP of that match.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Maybe, just maybe, the Lesnar booking in general has been a problem? They kinda booked themselves in a corner with Brock. The Suplex City thing has become stale a long time ago.

But the easy way to come out of that corner would've just been to have a full-timer beat him cleanly and emphatically. There, Lesnar loses some of his mystique but you've made a star out of someone else. No one came out of this better.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Goldberg defeated Lesnar in 90 seconds - the guy who ended Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak and made the rest of the roster look like a complete joke for the past 3.5 years.

Goldberg??? Seriously??? That guy from WCW or whatever??

And yeah I heard about Lesnar breaking Taker's streak years ago. I've never seen that match but hearing about that a few years back made me sad as I was a huge Taker fan back in the day.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I didn't notice it before but shane was definitely concussed. I thought he was just selling like a champ at first but now that i see the motion his arms do you can tell he's not there anymore. The body does that when your bell is rung HARD.

He also ordered everyone to brawl out of the ring instead of inside to let them take shane out.
Good guy randy.

I saw that live but I didn't realize it was Shane's son. I thought Randy was just shooting the **** with some random kid while there was downtime. :laugh:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
TBH besides the steroids and all that outside crap, I think this was also WWE's way of punishing lesnar for legit cracking randy open and concussing him.

Even though WWE was ****ing stupid for letting him open someone up WITH THEIR BARE ELBOW to begin with.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hope this marks the end of suplex city and other superstars can actually look like threats against Brock now.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
But the easy way to come out of that corner would've just been to have a full-timer beat him cleanly and emphatically. There, Lesnar loses some of his mystique but you've made a star out of someone else. No one came out of this better.

I do agree with that. If they did that, they would have given the rub to Reigns or Strowman and I prefer what we got tonight to that. Especially to Reigns. Strowman, I could have stomached depending on the booking that would have followed (meaning who would end up stopping him).

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Well the positive i guess is that Goldberg still looked , intimidating, cut and fit for a 50 years old man so there's that. It sort of gave a semblance of credibility.

But still

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Goldberg just squashed Brock in 60 secs with 3 moves and it was that. It was vintage Goldberg stuff but still.

I don,t really follow either but i do know that they have build Lesnar to be this unstoppable machine with an MMA figher gimmick. And then they do this..... Brock had like 0 offense other than pushing Goldberg in the corner in the first 20 secs. The Goldberg pushed him , Brock fell , got up. Goldberg speared him twice. Jackhammer. 1-2-3 match over :laugh:.

Jesus H. that sounds terrible....

How much did this PPV cost??

And here I thought that the fan robbery via PPV occurred last night during the end of the Kovalev-Ward boxing match. Christ...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I hate both so that moment was great. Cool atmosphere.

Very good weekend. NXT was amazing. Survivor Series was pretty good too.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Hey, I still have a problem with Brock losing to Undertaker last year.

I guess guys who are 49 years old and over are Brock's kryptonite. Watch Hogan come back and beat him with 3 punches, big boot, and axe bomber.

It's really the refusal to make a star out of anyone...which comes from fear that they will skip town and do other, easier things. Well here's an idea....make your company a better place to work then.

At least I have the NXT show to watch...haven't gotten to that yet.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Jesus H. that sounds terrible....

How much did this PPV cost??

And here I thought that the fan robbery via PPV occurred last night during the end of the Kovalev-Ward boxing match. Christ...

Dunno about price i just watched a stream. But i think that if you subscribe to the WWE Network you get every PPV for free now. Those who paid a few hundreds dollars for ringside seats are the ones who truly get the shaft imho. Crowd did seem to like it though since they popped when Goldberg won

And despite being pissed about Kovalev getting robbed as well at least we had a fight. This wasn't even a match. They could easily have done that in the last 5 mins of a RAW and it would have been the same. This wasn't PPV worthy at all. Had they had a 15 or even 10 mins match yeah ok. But this....:laugh:

Not that i really care anyway but i do find it pretty funny that they really pulled this off to end of the biggest PPV they have

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know how some of you still live in the 90s where people give a **** about a persons age. Age does not matter one bit in wrestling today whether its wrestling ability or simply not using age as a factor for 2 opponents in a match. Who wants to hear "OH AND 50 YEAR OLD GOLDBERG JUST LANDED A SPEAR HURR HURR"

AJ Styles is almost 40 and he's the best guy in the company bar none
44 year old jericho, still awesome.
nearly 40 year old cena, still great
lesnar is nearly 40 himself.
taker was AMAZING in his 40s.

Not to mention goldberg looks better in his 50s than most of the roster in their 20s.

Big difference between 40 and 50, plus Goldberg isn't a full-timer.

Also lets see him wrestle a match longer then 90 seconds. This was straight ****** WCW booking. m

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Good guy randy.

We've seen that in hockey a few times. Referee looked confused when Shane's shoulder came up as well (as he should've). Dude was clearly out cold.

Goldberg/Lesnar had to have been cool live, and in a kayfabe aspect it was actually good. We're smarter people than that here though. Do we have two monsters now, or ... ?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Big difference between 40 and 50, plus Goldberg isn't a full-timer.

Also lets see him wrestle a match longer then 90 seconds. This was straight ****** WCW booking. m

Lesnar is nearly 40 and isn't a full timer either but he killed rollins, cena and reigns a majority of their match and 2 of those are WWE's top stars in their 20s and the other has been WWE's top money grab for over a decade. Where is your complaints about that?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I don't watch WWE anymore except for Wrestlemania but I had to watch Goldberg's return. I'm happy that he won but I still wished they could have wrestled. Fans complain that wrestling is too predictable but this was a nice surprise since everybody excepted Lesnar to win.

The Lesnar rub should have gone to Reigns but he wasn't ready and is a inferior talent. The other choice for me would have been Orton even if he's already a star. He still have a few good years and works full time but let's be real nobody on the main roster is good enough to get the Lesnar rub.

The rub was going to get wasted anyways on some random indy jobber. I'm happy that atleast it's someone who is relevant that got the victory.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lesnar is nearly 40 and isn't a full timer either but he killed rollins, cena and reigns a majority of their match and 2 of those are WWE's top stars in their 20s and the other has been WWE's top money grab for over a decade. Where is your complaints about that?

Everyone is tired of Brock. No one liked that he geeked out Seth. That doesn't mean the answer is to have him lose to someone who works even less then him.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

He also just destroyed the 8th ranked UFC Heavyweight, was a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and is the biggest wrestling and MMA star on the planet. Lesnar has been floating around combat sports for his entire life. Goldberg is a football idiot who got into wrestling for money, quit when his fee fees got hurt and disappeared for 13 years before deciding to come back for one night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad