why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
backlash-3-660x330.jpg

Ambrose didn't want none.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
This Styles run is great in that it is going to attract guys who have never been in WWE to jump onboard. This is probably what Omega is alluding to in that tweet above.

So yeah, smart booking by WWE. Don't get to say it too often.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This Styles run is great in that it is going to attract guys who have never been in WWE to jump onboard. This is probably what Omega is alluding to in that tweet above.

So yeah, smart booking by WWE. Don't get to say it too often.

He's talking about AJ getting kicked out of bullet club...literally.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Women's Match: Some fun spots, but no story with way to many broken up pin spots, and throwing people out of the ring. Bliss went out to early. Nice to see Becky rewarded though.

Usos/Hype Bros: Bit of a nothing match. Heel Usos are better, but hard to care to much.

Dolph/Miz: Way better then expected. These guys went out there and delivered. Where does Dolph go now?

Bray/Kane: No stars for more Bray booking nonsense. What is worse then doing the job to Orton and continuing to lose? Jobbing to Kane so he can job to Orton next month. Match was for the most part a nothing affair.

Red Rhyno/Usos: Decent match, but excellent storytelling payoff. DOUBLE WIDE BAYBAY!

Dean/AJ: THIS is how you book a main event match that needs to go long. Excellent

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
People got conditioned by WWE's usual main events of spamming finishers to create drama to make up a good match.

AJ and Ambrose had a classic that relied on only one finisher. It was a beautiful, beautiful pro wrestling match.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm a AJ Styles mark but man he just did something incredible. He literally came into the WWE so Vince could job him out to his main stars and it was quite evident that his career was progressing into that role when he lost against Jericho at WM.

He wins over Vince by giving Reigns his 2 best matches to the point that he beats Cena cleanly in a feud and wins the WWE title. That is the 2 biggest achievements in WWE today besides main eventing Wrestlemania, which truly is possible for Styles in 2017. AJ did all of this in 8 months, its truly incredible.

I was pretty ticked off when he lost to Jericho at WM as he was the one guy I always wanted in the WWE. Now I'm really happy he has the title. He deserves it.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
The best part is he has the title with history. I'd have been a little underwhelmed if his big moment was as Universal Champion.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
People got conditioned by WWE's usual main events of spamming finishers to create drama to make up a good match.

AJ and Ambrose had a classic that relied on only one finisher. It was a beautiful, beautiful pro wrestling match.

Yup it was quite good. I also enjoy when a wrestler pulls a special move to win a match he only uses like once or twice a year on the big ppvs and whatnot. It rarely happens though.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I will take solace in the fact that it took the biggest spot of the match to take Alexa out

Hopefully they build on that, and wwe realize what a star they have in her

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I missed the show. Is Bray jobbing to Kane as bad as it sounds?
Not really.

The match was fine, nothing special. Injured Orton gave Kane the win, so it's not like Kane won by him self or anything.

It is very much a just last moment replacement match to give the fans something to watch on the show.

It didn't help the feud or anything, but you can't do much given the situation they were in. They'll probably give Bray his win back in TV this week before going back to Orton and ignoring this minor detour (assuming he's cleared). Just see it for the filler match that it is due to an unfortunate injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad