GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2024

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
See subjectively it's totally fine and understandable to not like Cody's character.

But objectively saying he needs a heel turn when he is the top babyface in the company, getting top babyface reactions, selling top babyface merch. Like that's legit a fantasy and would be bad business.

You turn someone when the crowd is tired of them. The crowd isn't close to being tired of Cody.
Oh i understand fully. I’m not the target demo either. It’s cool. Still think he sucks

Reactions: Emperoreddy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you’re gonna be the face of the company, you’re gonna face tough questions.

Actually kinda curious to hear if they switched to Cody winning for this reason.

Cody was always the plan. They've essentially been hinting about it on TV forever. I thought this was the most obvious RR winner since Austin's in 1998 when he was red hot. They foreshadowed it so many times it was painfully obvious.

I'm still not convinced that the match at 'Mania is going to be a strict one-on-one match-up. There will be a twist somewhere along the line where The Rock gets involved in some fashion. That Day 1 appearance wasn't for nothing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Cody was always the plan. They've essentially been hinting about it on TV forever. I thought this was the most obvious RR winner since Austin's in 1998 when he was red hot. They foreshadowed it so many times it was painfully obvious.

I'm still not convinced that the match at 'Mania is going to be a strict one-on-one match-up. There will be a twist somewhere along the line where The Rock gets involved in some fashion. That Day 1 appearance wasn't for nothing.
Wasn’t the rumor a while back that the rock wasn’t doing wrestlemania, but only the chamber ppv?

Even if it’s Cody v Roman v rock…Cody’s winning it. And it’s gonna be ass

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I just don’t think it will be there.

When they first started trying to plan this, the title wasn’t supposed to be involved.

Roman’s title reign actually wasn’t supposed to be long either.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One day I want them to do an ultimate troll in the rumble where enough goes on the ring and it moves so quick, but everyone gets eliminated before #30 comes out. Just think that would be hilarious, and with 2 rumbles I hope they do it one day.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think Cody will win at wrestlemania and within 4 months people will get so tired of Cody’s character. Cody is great for the chase but once he wins he’ll give the same monologue every time.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

If it isn't to fight Reigns in the near term then it was for nothing. Waiting another year would be crap. Rock would be even older and people will care even less about Reigns after seeing him 20 times during 2024.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think this is my booking the next 6 months more or less.

Raw:

Rollins takes it easy till EC. Wrestles a few tune up matches on and off air in March until WM. Punk wins in Australia to set that up for WM. Seth retains but Priest cashes in. Priest walks out night one with the belt. Priest/Seth/Punk triple threat for the belt on the Raw after WM or at Backlash, Priest retains, Seth f***s off for a bit and rehabs his knee until SS. Priest does programs with Jey, McIntyre, Miz, etc.

Gunther faces someone at WM and beats them convincingly. Cuts a promo on the following Raw saying no one in the WWE can beat him. Okaka comes out and challenges him and beats Gunther clean. Gunther goes on a rampage and tears through the roster and shows up on Smackdown and challenges Rhodes at SS. Gunther/Imperium go to SD in the meantime.

Smackdown:

Knight/Styles at EC. Knight goes over but Logan Paul attacks him afterwards to set up a match at WM. Knight goes over Logan Paul for the belt.

Cody goes over Roman at WM. Roman f***s off for a while and Rhodes has programs with Solo and Jimmy for the belt until Gunther comes around to set up SS as above.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
One day I want them to do an ultimate troll in the rumble where enough goes on the ring and it moves so quick, but everyone gets eliminated before #30 comes out. Just think that would be hilarious, and with 2 rumbles I hope they do it one day.
I’ve been waiting for this to happen for so long!

Reactions: GKJ

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He said in the beginning of the presser that he hasn't read the lawsuit yet. I'd expect him to comment on it once he's done that, if he's legally allowed to do so.
He completely f***ed up his answer to the question Jussi. It is okay to say the guy did something wrong when he does lol all he had to do was "I can't legally comment on it right now but we are under new management" instead he decides to show his ass on this one. "I choose to focus on the positive and not the negative" is such a bad quote on this lol and you actually think the guy doesn't know what is in the report? Coooome the f*** on Jussi you can't be that naive :laugh:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I think Cody will win at wrestlemania and within 4 months people will get so tired of Cody’s character. Cody is great for the chase but once he wins he’ll give the same monologue every time.
I'm already sick of him :laugh:

At this point I just want them to get it over with. Cody wins the title at WM, goes on a superhero run till around Summerslam and Gunther beats him for the title......

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly I don’t think triple h has read the specifics in the lawsuit, he probably just knows that Brock was involved (due to him being pulled from the show) and his father in law is a pervert (which he already knew). Probably very busy the last few days with the Rumble. He did completely botch the answer though. As far as tone deafness goes it’s on the same level as Tony Khan “answering” sexual harassment questions with a silly hat and sunglasses on. Can’t be hitting us with a “I choose to focus on the positives”

I would mark so hard
He cuts a promo on how he outlasted everybody on the roster

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly I don’t think triple h has read the specifics in the lawsuit, he probably just knows that Brock was involved (due to him being pulled from the show) and his father in law is a pervert (which he already knew). Probably very busy the last few days with the Rumble. He did completely botch the answer though. As far as tone deafness goes it’s on the same level as Tony Khan “answering” sexual harassment questions with a silly hat and sunglasses on. Can’t be hitting us with a “I choose to focus on the positives”

And won in record time

Reactions: CDJ

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Last night a beat 29 other superstars by myself. Nobody could handle the real Latino Heat. My time in Prison prepared me for this moment. Hard times make strong men and nobody is stronger then me and last night I proved it. :cool:

Reactions: CDJ

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I think that is the TKO line. They want to paint a picture that their WWE is new, different, and divorced from Vince.

HHH screwed up by both focusing on money too much and not having enough of an empathetic tone. I'm sure emotionally he is all over the place with this. It is his father in law and all that, but that wasn't a good answer.

Cody handled it better. Honestly I feel like they should have had Nick Khan or someone else to field Vince questions next to HHH

But no one was going to give a satisfying answer. It's an ongoing lawsuit, there isn't much you can say.

Reactions: TD Charlie and CDJ

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Women's Rumble was match of the night. Had the better surprises, especially Grace who got a great showing. Some good comedy with Truth and Chelsea.

Great Jade debut and great sprint to the finish. Extremely well deserved winner.

Bayley helped carry the company during the pandemic, and has been doing nothing but putting others over since she came back from her knee injury. Pro's pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad