GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2024

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
HHH giving a lot praise for Cody. He's definitely winning at Mania. "He absolutely is the future."
He’s been groomed to be the new super Cena since he came back. Bland babyface forever. Unbeatable without bullshit. In desperate need of a heel turn and a character reboot. Hell he’s already just about there

Reactions: Fro

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We all know what is happening at Mania.

Cody will defeat Roman. The Bloodline will try to get involved but Jey Uso and Sami Zayn will arrive to fight them off, and Cody beats Roman clean. I assume Roman leaves for several months after that.

The other main event is almost assuredly Punk winning the Elimination Chamber and challening Rollins for the title. I doubt he wins it, though. I don't know that WWE wants to put the title on Punk, nor do I think Punk wants to be in a position where he carries the major title again.

What that means for guys like Gunther, McIntyre, Knight, Orton, and Styles? No clue.

I think we are moving towards Styles/Knight based on their Smackdown interactions and their Rumble fighting. Knight probably goes over.

I think Mania is just gonna be super "meh" this year.

Reactions: Habsrule

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We all know what is happening at Mania.

Cody will defeat Roman. The Bloodline will try to get involved but Jey Uso and Sami Zayn will arrive to fight them off, and Cody beats Roman clean. I assume Roman leaves for several months after that.

The other main event is almost assuredly Punk winning the Elimination Chamber and challening Rollins for the title. I doubt he wins it, though. I don't know that WWE wants to put the title on Punk, nor do I think Punk wants to be in a position where he carries the major title again.

What that means for guys like Gunther, McIntyre, Knight, Orton, and Styles? No clue.

I think we are moving towards Styles/Knight based on their Smackdown interactions and their Rumble fighting. Knight probably goes over.

I think Mania is just gonna be super "meh" this year.
With a repeat main event that will undoubtedly be the same as last year with just a different final three seconds, yeah, it’s gonna suck

No different than Rock v Cena twice in a lifetime at MetLife. Total ass

Reactions: dahrougem2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I haven’t watched the post show yet, but I assume all HHH said was something like “obviously we take these things very seriously, but I cant comment on legal matters.”

I cant stand hhh, but that’s all he should have to say.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The men’s Rumble was pretty bad.

I have to keep in mind that Roman, Solo, LA Knight, Orton, Styles, Owens and Paul were all in other matches. If they were available for the Rumble it would have made it a lot better.

I was so happy that they made Bron Breakker look really good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn’t see it but sounds like the media didn’t let him off the hook

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I haven’t watched the post show yet, but I assume all HHH said was something like “obviously we take these things very seriously, but I cant comment on legal matters.”

I cant stand hhh, but that’s all he should have to say.
That's essentially what it was and what they should have expected. You'd think journalists would understand this but nope, go cry to twitter about it.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Meh, not sure about Cody Rhodes main-eventing Wrestlemania for two years in a row, when you have The Rock available for the first time in ages.

Rock vs Roman is 5 years in the making and the biggest match they can possibly do for the 40th anniversary of Wrestlemania. Don't let that slide WWE

Stardust can go finish his overrated story by chasing the Intercontinental title in the mid-card where he belongs.

Reactions: King 88

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tribalism alive and well in here. Same two people malding over HHH's canned corporate response had no issue rushing to Tony's aid when he claimed AEW was the "safest wrestling company ever" when asked about sexual harressment happening in his locker room.

People suffering from sexual violence should not be fodder for wrestling fanboys to pump up their company of choice

Dave is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tribalism alive and well in here. Same two people malding over HHH's canned corporate response had no issue rushing to Tony's aid when he claimed AEW was the "safest wrestling company ever" when asked about sexual harressment happening in his locker room.

People suffering from sexual violence should not be fodder for wrestling fanboys to pump up their company of choice

Dave is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

What a steaming pile of bullshit. Dave absolutely hammered Tony for his performance that night:

Reactions: MAHJ71

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He’s been groomed to be the new super Cena since he came back. Bland babyface forever. Unbeatable without bullshit. In desperate need of a heel turn and a character reboot. Hell he’s already just about there

See subjectively it's totally fine and understandable to not like Cody's character.

But objectively saying he needs a heel turn when he is the top babyface in the company, getting top babyface reactions, selling top babyface merch. Like that's legit a fantasy and would be bad business.

You turn someone when the crowd is tired of them. The crowd isn't close to being tired of Cody.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cody had the far better press answer to it the Vince shit too. It's what HHH should have said.

Cody shouldn't have been asked about it though, he is talent, not a board member.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
I'm pleasantly surprised that Cody won. Thought Punk would win for sure. It sounded like the fans in attendance were more behind Cody than they were for Punk. He better win the title at Mania. The 30th entrant being Liv for the Womens Rumble was a total letdown lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody had the far better press answer to it the Vince shit too. It's what HHH should have said.

Cody shouldn't have been asked about it though, he is talent, not a board member.
If you’re gonna be the face of the company, you’re gonna face tough questions.

Actually kinda curious to hear if they switched to Cody winning for this reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad