GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1st, 2017

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
Late to the party bc i worked last night but DIY/Revival is my Owens/Zayn of tag teams. I could watch them go at it forever. Loved the tag match, great psychology

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Crowd was insanely eating it up, between DIY and Revival. I want to see a MCMG/Beer Money like best of 5 or 7 series.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just watched the TT title match and it was a masterpiece... until DIY was eliminated. AoP eliminating them then destroying The Revival took the air out of the building. Imagine the pop if DIY or The Revival managed to eliminate AoP.

Still ****1/2. Not five-star because of what I mentionned previously. Would have been a better story IMO.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I do and don't like the end to the tag title match

On one hand it gets some serious heel heat to AOP and continues to make them look like monsters

On the other hand, imagine the reaction if DIY eliminated them and won the gold back, would have been such a feel good moment, the popular face team winning their titles back. (Revival shouldn't be winning because they should be on the main roster as of 5 months ago)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just watched the TT title match and it was a masterpiece... until DIY was eliminated. AoP eliminating them then destroying The Revival took the air out of the building. Imagine the pop if DIY or The Revival managed to eliminate AoP.

Still ****1/2. Not five-star because of what I mentionned previously. Would have been a better story IMO.
Yeah, in a vacuum the ideal match is DIY and Revival teaming up to beat the monster heels before having a 'standard' Revival match for the final fall. But they couldn't do that as you needed AoP to win on the night.

It was probably the only time they would ever be able to do the team up stuff, so they had to do it then. Still a great match so I can't really complain too much.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
We talk about nakamura and roode being too big for NXT but revival is a bigger case of being too big for NXT.

They could revive the tag team division with American alpha and DIY like the hardyz/dudleys/E&C did during the attitude era.

Also with that said the DIY breakup will happen and I hope they don't do it until after they spent a year or so on the main roster. It's easily a feud that could bring an IC title or US title into it

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We talk about nakamura and roode being too big for NXT but revival is a bigger case of being too big for NXT.

They could revive the tag team division with American alpha and DIY like the hardyz/dudleys/E&C did during the attitude era.

Also with that said the DIY breakup will happen and I hope they don't do it until after they spent a year or so on the main roster. It's easily a feud that could bring an IC title or US title into it

Has there been any indication that vince wants DIY on the main roster?

As much as I want them to stay together I could see them breaking up in NXT

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

EDIT: I dumb. Read it as Revival breaking up, which is a terrible idea and should never ever happen ever. 'Cos I'd cry.

I think the DIY breakup would be best to happen in NXT where to audience is already invested in them. You can always re-form them as a team later for the main roster if you want to. Ignoring NXT history is fine really in that regard.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
EDIT: I dumb. Read it as Revival breaking up, which is a terrible idea and should never ever happen ever. 'Cos I'd cry.

I think the DIY breakup would be best to happen in NXT where to audience is already invested in them. You can always re-form them as a team later for the main roster if you want to. Ignoring NXT history is fine really in that regard.

It would be a great feud and fill up the mid card as well. It would take half a year to set up because NXT only has 4 PPV's a month now, which sucks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
DIY could be the next credible faces to challenge Bobby Roode

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

I'd argue that almost everyone that watches NXT knows the breakup is coming that teasing it while keeping them together until they make the main roster is better. The NXT watching fans will be behind them on the main roster which will allow other fans to join the NXT fans to get behind them quicker than if you break them up and put them back together. Once they have the causal fan support the breakup is that much more impactful for the first time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I thought the Asuka/Ember match was just okay. I didn't expect a lot, but I wasn't that entertaining. I wish Asuka would stop wearing that thong outside her gear. It's incredibly distracting and looks pretty stupid.

Bobby Roode GOAT heel. Don't know what anyone else could want from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad