GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1st, 2017

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
yeaaaaah....doubtful WM delivers like tonight.
I'm honestly MORE looking forward to the RAW/SML POST-Mania...

is that sad? (Still gonna watch btw. just not as overly hyped)

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
3 really good matches in a 2 and a half hour show is really good. Not a bad match on the card either.

Now get ready for 3 good matches in 7 or 8 hours tomorrow.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No way. Nakamura sells to the point each match is in doubt.
A match in doubt doesn't make a great match.

If I threw you Curtis Axel vs. Bo Dallas tomorrow - the match is in doubt. Automatic *****?

It was a very solid match. But it was a little long and the opening sequence was way too long. Same story could have been told with 6 or 7 minutes knocked off and it could have felt much more tight.

People need to stop thinking ***3/4 is like a bad rating too. **1/2 isn't even a bad rating - it just a perfectly fine wrestling match. So ***3/4 is very good.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The whole DIY and Revival reluctantly working together and performing moves together made it fantastic

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
yeaaaaah....doubtful WM delivers like tonight.
I'm honestly MORE looking forward to the RAW/SML POST-Mania...

is that sad? (Still gonna watch btw. just not as overly hyped)
Nah, 'Mania is for the casuals, Monday afterward is for the smarks. How it's meant to be. But we also get Saturdays now too, so it's awesome.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Top Guys steal the show again. They had the best match in 4 takeovers, and it's the last 4 they were in, and they all gotta be among the top 10 tag matches I've seen. God forbid they get to the main roster and aren't allowed to have these kinds of matches. With their work rate, their smooth ability, Scott Dawson on the mic, heel tactics, their entrance (specifically their look). Maybe most importantly, they are exactly what they say they are in their tag lines. Wrestling meets reality. They are the realest. They are the best in the word. Somebody fight me about it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Also, clean sweep by the heels tonight. No baby faces went over.

Whether Asuka had a full-fledged heel turn or she was just playing the role for this feud is going to be very interesting to me going forward. Neville did a similar thing at the end of his NXT run when he was going against Zayn. Cheating and lying but not a full blown heel, just a guy trying to cut corners.

If Asuka isn't on the main roster within 2 weeks then I don't know what we're doing. A heel run as champion would be interesting but frankly I don't think there's anything left for her in NXT.

I wouldn't mind her having another match with Ember Moon, who is quickly rising up my bae rankings.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Whether Asuka had a full-fledged heel turn or she was just playing the role for this feud is going to be very interesting to me going forward. Neville did a similar thing at the end of his NXT run when he was going against Zayn. Cheating and lying but not a full blown heel, just a guy trying to cut corners.

If Asuka isn't on the main roster within 2 weeks then I don't know what we're doing. A heel run as champion would be interesting but frankly I don't think there's anything left for her in NXT.

I wouldn't mind her having another match with Ember Moon, who is quickly rising up my bae rankings.

Seems clear to me Asuka is staying down and they are going to build to a bigger rematch in Brooklyn.

I want Asuka up ASAP, but she is wrapping up in a feud now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Aleister Black was face.

It's not so much what Asuka has to accomplish as it is working with the other girls.

I wouldn't mind seeing something where Ember Moon keeps getting screwed out of opportunities before Brooklyn or another Takeover. Have a build where you have to keep waiting for the rematch.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
new belts beautiful.
Ohno instead of Jose, good booking desicion.
Almas vs End ****ing fun. doubt a match at WM33 is better than that....
and then it just gets better and better.. that tag match wow.
Asuka vs Moon was well played, Asuka cheating and protecting her finisher.
Nakamura we are ready! lets do this.
Drunk. fun night of wrestling. NXT delivers.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
and Drew Mcintyre... does he really need to go back to nxt? feel like he got a decent run before in WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
and Drew Mcintyre... does he really need to go back to nxt? feel like he got a decent run before in WWE.

Maybe he wants to be in NXT. They're going to need more main event people. He gets a chance to get over with the NXT crowd before coming back to the main roster, whereas if he just stepped foot back on the main roster, it would probably die because there's no credibility behind it. It would be a unique story for the brand.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe he wants to work a deal where he can work NXT but also work some indy dates (non-televised) unless WWE offers him big money. Just please keep the theme.

Didn't watch the first match, joined mid-way through the second match. Almas is still a god even though he's booked like a geek and loses to everyone for some reason.

Tag Titles - *****
Women's title - ***
NXT TItle - ***3/4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad