GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1st, 2017

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Some thoughts

- Ember Moon is gonna be the one to dethrone Asuka, in Brooklyn

- If their not gonna send Tye up just make him your top face, with Nakamura gone now. Have him and Roode go at it again for the belt. Tye is really OVER

- SAnitY is getting a pretty big push, they haven't been around a long time but I like their booking and I'm very intrigued to see where they go from here. I could see Young getting a title push when a face takes the title from Bobby.

- Revival and DIY are just too damn good, I doubt they get the proper booking on the main roster sadly. I think we get DIY vs AOP III at Brooklyn then DIY either breaks up or gets called up to the main roster. (I could see DIY going to SD, while Revival goes to RAW this monday)

- Roode/Nakamura matches were storytelling at its finest. Nakamura got a nice little send off and now Roode will step into his next fued.

Awesome night

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dillinger could be a credible NXT Champion. Could you imagine the reaction that would get? Especially if he keeps losing at Takeovers.

Not sure I'd be into a DIY/AOP 3.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Just wait until Black/End opens up
I remember people being skeptical about Aries' after his first match in NXT

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well either way Drew is going to NXT. He confirmed it in an interview after the show.
I think there are a couple things at play for Galloway in NXT.

First is WWE want to sign him before anyone else could, especially with how the UK is very hot and getting a show on national free TV in prime time on a major channel. And there are a couple other promotions on smaller channels too. He'd be a key guy for any company, gotta take him out of play. We've gone back to the late 70s, early 80s over here lol. WWE buying up all the talent. If you even look slightly British they'll throw a contract offer at you atm.

Second is they probably don't have a sport for him on the main roster, especially not right after 'Mania with call up and other signings. You can only give people so many new things at once, so he'd be lost in the shuffle a bit. So keep him on NXT as a star in the meantime. Also builds more buzz about him.

A bunch of us have been watching him in TNA and the indies and know he's improved a ton (he was actually good before he left WWE, but he was already dead at that point so it didn't matter), but a lot haven't. NXT gives the WWE smarks a chance to see him again before debuting. It's basically a pre-wash before the re-debut.

Or he could just be on a Rhyno/Joe/Roode deal. Or he could be fully signed and end up there for years lol. What ever it is, he's Galloway and awesome. Great that more people will see him again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Dillinger could be a credible NXT Champion. Could you imagine the reaction that would get? Especially if he keeps losing at Takeovers.

Not sure I'd be into a DIY/AOP 3.

What else can they really do right now. Revival are getting a well deserved call up, leaving AOP, DIY and .... I don't even know the other tag teams down in NXT

Dillinger winning the NXT title would be awesome

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Maybe he wants to work a deal where he can work NXT but also work some indy dates (non-televised) unless WWE offers him big money. Just please keep the theme.

Didn't watch the first match, joined mid-way through the second match. Almas is still a god even though he's booked like a geek and loses to everyone for some reason.

Tag Titles - *****
Women's title - ***
NXT TItle - ***3/4
Almas had to lose. Debut and all that (just like all the other times lol).

It's a problem with NXT that they don't have enough people to be able to sacrifice mid carders to people making their debut. The format of the show doesn't really lend its self to that right now, especially with Sanity needing a lot of guys to face.

I actually think they protected Almas too much in that match though. It was too much of a normal match, it should have been more of a squash. But they made End into a star so it's all good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just rewatched Aleister Black's entrance like 6 more times.

He really comes off looking bigger than he is, if that makes sense.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
What else can they really do right now. Revival are getting a well deserved call up, leaving AOP, DIY and .... I don't even know the other tag teams down in NXT

Dillinger winning the NXT title would be awesome
Heavy Machinery! Big men who do big men things! And you've got Sanity, they'll probably have some tag team stuff at some point.

TM61 are there still, just one of them is broken for a while longer I think.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Heavy Machinery! Big men who do big men things! And you've got Sanity, they'll probably have some tag team stuff at some point.

TM61 are there still, just one of them is broken for a while longer I think.

No one is really built up enough to go after AoP besides DIY. AoP destroy everyone and are almost getting Auska booking :help: I like their booking so far tho.

SAnitY going after the titles could be interesting but I doubt they do heel vs heel. I wouldn't be opposed to another 8 man tag rematch with some added stipulation or twist for Brooklyn.

When TM61 comes back thats my bet at who goes for the gold

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE uploaded pictures of the new NXT belts:

NXT Championship - Link.
NXT Women's Championship - Link.
NXT Tag Team Championship - Link

[collapse=Pictures]
001_TITLE_03172017gd_0438_Fin_cs_FLAT--919de805167e1a9db0375ebec21274a3.jpg

001_TITLE_03172017gd_0460_Fin_cs_FLATg--84f067eb6decdbe630daf381b09c057a.jpg

001_TITLE_03172017gd_0412_Fin_cs_FLATh--27a152279b78cbf93bfac384b5e1274c.jpg

[/collapse]

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I am watching somewhat objectively and was thinking the same. Roode needs guys like Orton and Triple H to wrestle, while Nakamura needs guys like Zayn and Owens.
Neither of them NEED different guys, as shown in their last 2 matches lol

I like the "old school" style too, but Roode just doesn't really do much for me. This match is picking up, though.
You were talking about their San Antonio match as potential MOTY as it was happening IIRC. Takes two to tango.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Now that I'm not tired as **** I'm bumping Roode/Nak down from **** (or did I rate it ***3/4?) to **3/4-*** range.

You were talking about their San Antonio match as potential MOTY as it was happening IIRC. Takes two to tango.

I don't believe I ever called Roode/Nak a potential MOTY. If I did... I'm weird. It was a much better match than last night though and a **** match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone else gave that match 4 3/4 when they rewatched it. Couldn't say I agreed with that either, it was 4 1/4 at best imo, and this one wasn't as good as how that played out, and it seemed flat at the end.

In fact, I'd say just about all of these finishes were a little flat even though 3 of the 4 heels that won were clean

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Crowd wasn't as great I'd say
Especially with the end of the match between Black and Cien
I loved how it ended, but the crowd completely killed it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Crowd wasn't as great I'd say
Especially with the end of the match between Black and Cien
I loved how it ended, but the crowd completely killed it

I'm really disappointed Almas continues to job to everyone.

I'll have to reserve judgment on Black since I never watched him anywhere else, but in that one match alone, Almas exuded more charisma and presence than Black.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->