WWE: WWE being sold to Endeavor Group Holdings, forming media company $21B merger with UFC

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Don't worry guys Vince said he'll "be in the weeds" in terms of the creative process.

...Just like when he said the same when he brought Heyman and Bischoff in to run Raw and Smackdown respectively.

..maybe he was involved with last night.
Bischoff was never involved creatively, was he? Pretty sure he was just strictly a performer.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Bischoff was never involved creatively, was he? Pretty sure he was just strictly a performer.

No his last run which lasted about 35 minutes, he was like the executive producer of one of the shows and Heyman was EP of the other, Brother Love took over for Both eventually, but Eric barely had time to unpack his suitcase

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
No his last run which lasted about 35 minutes, he was like the executive producer of one of the shows and Heyman was EP of the other, Brother Love took over for Both eventually, but Eric barely had time to unpack his suitcase
I have no memory of this.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I have no memory of this.

Bischoff was kind of brought in out of the blue and hadn't been following the product, didn't know what was going on, or who most of the wrestlers were, he was pretty much lost, and has admitted that he realized about 6 weeks in it wasn't going to work. He was on SD and apparently Fox was unhappy with his results, so he was cut loose after like 3 months or so

Reactions: Megahab

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Screenshot_20230403_194516_Reddit.jpg

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Weird...wasn't it awhile ago where Shane told Vince to buy UFC?

Funny how things work out

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Omos vs The Great Khali in a 240 Minute Last Man Standing UFC Cage Fight for the 24/7 Universal Intercontinental Lightweight TV PPV Belt!

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It’s because the ufc pays their fighters jack shit

ESPN deal is also MASSIVE for the ufc. They get paid so much money and all they have to do is trot out mediocre cards every week

Edit: just saw I was responding to a pillar of the mma board, I don’t need to tell you these things lol

Reactions: MMC

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I can't believe how bad this sale is going to be for the actual product and fans. Vince really just nuking his legacy in every single way he can so he can hold onto a company that hates his guts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad