GDT: WWE Battleground (23rd July 2017) - Cage of the Hinderer

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
LAW goes to break every 3 minutes. It's not even worth listening to. They do a segment for like 2-3 minutes and go to break.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
When did Ward move to Raw? I've seen it mentioned a few times but I've no clue where it came from or when it happened. A quick search gave me nothing, and a check of the newsletters also gave nothing.

It was brought up a while ago. It was either PWInsider or one of the radio shows with a comment in passing. In January it was in the WON that Road Dogg got a promotion and Ward was still on SD after people were freaking out about RD's promotion, but shortly after that Sean Waltman said that Road Dogg was the head booker of Smackdown as a part of his promotion.

caught up a tad on when I joined in progress and this show is one of the worst I can remember. Like... really bad.

Tag Titles: ***3/4
Nakamura/Corbin: **
Women's: **
Styles/Owens: **1/4
Cena/Rusev: *1/2
Zayn/Kanellis: **1/4
Orton/Mahal: DUD

absolute trash.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It must have taken a while before the full results took effect then. Although the way the Orton/Wyatt title feud played out was bizarre now that I look back on it.
The Orton / Wyatt stuff was a mess due to the roster swap.

There was no planning involved with the roster swap. Vince wanted to do swaps, so he did swaps so that he could have swaps. The swaps that were made were not planed, so you had stupid things like Orton and Wyatt being a mess. The Jericho and Owens stuff was wonky. Ambrose and Miz both moved and kept doing the exact same thing. Zayn and Owens moved together to keep them together. There were many options to do it right, but Vince managed to dodge them all.

It's mostly standard poor (or complete lack of) planning from WWE, they just got the worse end of the randomness this time.

It doesn't help when Raw has Miz who has really done great for a while now and a gaggle of hosses to hoss about to hold down the show. Vince booking a monster is always good so it makes that show look really good compared to Smackdown where Jindar and Orton are the comparison.

So the booking is bad, and the writing can't be good because of it. The consistent poor finishes really hurt shows too, but that's both a Smackdown and Raw problem. It just stands out more when you dread the main event.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
LAW goes to break every 3 minutes. It's not even worth listening to. They do a segment for like 2-3 minutes and go to break.

If you dont like the breaks you can always wait until later in the night or next day and they'll upload the show on their site. Don't have to listen to commercials then.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If you dont like the breaks you can always wait until later in the night or next day and they'll upload the show on their site. Don't have to listen to commercials then.

Ahhh. Thank you! I just wanted to hear some reactions/feedback and I feel like they have more commercials than any radio show ever. :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A punjabi stable literally no one asked for.

Nothing against the race here obviously, just the fact Jinder and Khali are putrid. ****ing hell.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It was brought up a while ago. It was either PWInsider or one of the radio shows with a comment in passing. In January it was in the WON that Road Dogg got a promotion and Ward was still on SD after people were freaking out about RD's promotion, but shortly after that Sean Waltman said that Road Dogg was the head booker of Smackdown as a part of his promotion.

I remember the Road Dogg promotion stuff. Ended up being nothing news; he just got a new title and things kept going on more or less as usual.

That's why I thought Ward moving shows would have been actual news, opposed to a throwaway line on a podcast. I was trying to workout a timeline and when I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere I was confused.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Dillinger on the pre-show. Never on TV. Still over as ****. Jobs and the crowd, who was hot for a pre-show... immediately silent. :laugh:

PS. I like English too. But Dillinger should be AT least a mid-carder. He gets as good of reactions as anyone on the card outside of AJ Styles.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

caught up a tad on when I joined in progress and this show is one of the worst I can remember. Like... really bad.

Tag Titles: ***3/4
Nakamura/Corbin: **
Women's: **
Styles/Owens: **1/4
Cena/Rusev: *1/2
Zayn/Kanellis: **1/4
Orton/Mahal: DUD

absolute trash.

Offhand I think Extreme Rules this year was worse than this, but not by much.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I don't even remember a single thing from that show. I'll always remember the show where AJ/KO had a meh match and ****ing Khali came back.

Would you rather be memorable for being bad or forgettable for being mediocre?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Would you rather be memorable for being bad or forgettable for being mediocre?

Forgettable because then I can come back, have a good showing and people will only remember me for that rather than "well, yeah he had this good showing but remember how bad he was at ____?"

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah I kinda feel bad for Jinder, once he loses the title to Cena this will be the only thing people remember from his main event push

Oct 18, 2011

I haven't listened for two years, all of WWE stupidity caused me to burn out on wrestling. Like who's the dumbass that suggested they bring khali back? They must have a hard on for India right now.

Anytime we get a glimmer of anything special they ruin it. The way they did Rollins return last year really disenfranchised me.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Hahaha, I can imagine the audience's glee when they saw Great Khali interference around the end of the match they couldn't see. Sounds like the show was putrid, the only thing that can save the brand is Sami Zayn having Jinder beat next SD, only for Baron Corbin to cash in. It just reinforces the idea that the wrestlers' ability is secondary to the writers' ability.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Hmmm, we have our most boring heel against our most boring face... I think to make things more interesting we should bring back the worst, and most boring wrestler who can't even ****ing walk or talk, and really put the crowd to sleep.

What a ****ing abomination of a product.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Great Khali is sick af

Though, I didn't spend my night watching it, so I'm probably less upset

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad