GDT: WWE Battleground (23rd July 2017) - Cage of the Hinderer

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Great job WWE, you managed to **** up Shinsuke Nakamura. You took gold, covered it in ****, and then boiled it.....wow. **** all around.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
KjVBnMR.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer was saying how he's under the impression that Mahal isn't popular in India, but Khali is super popular.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Consider it my heel turn. :laugh: There was also Miz vs. Dean part infinty with the stupid "championship changes hands on a DQ" stipulation. Yeah, just in general I think Extreme Rules was worse, but not by much.

found my star ratings -- ER ones were better than this one:

Battleground |Rating| Extreme Rules |Rating
Usos/New Day|***3/4|Miz/Ambrose|***1/4
Nakamura/Corbin|**|Swann-Banks/Dar-Fox|**1/2
Women's match|**|Bliss/Bayley|*3/4
Styles/Owens|**1/4|Hardyz/Shesaro|***
Cena/Rusev|*1/2|Neville/Aries|***3/4
Zayn/Kanellis|**1/4|--|--
Orton/Mahal|DUD|5 man match|**3/4
Average |1.96| Average |2.83

this was easily worse. The worst show I remember watching in years.

and even if I lowered Hardyz/Shesaro for the sheer stupidity of the match alone down to **, it's still better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Khali is also, like, from India and India knows Jinder isn't. Jinder has worked in India though and he was the head booker for the shows Khali ran there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was one of the worst main events i have seen in quite some time. The only decent part was the table bump.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the show was an absolute travesty. easily worst PPV in a while. even the only good on-card match was ruined by an incorrect and sloppy finish

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
:laugh: Thank god I abandoned ship after the Royal Rumble.

The hype around the angle announcement had me curious, but then it was revealed that Jordan is his son, and everything is all happy? WTF! Jinder still champion? WTF! Kahli is back? WTF!

How do you guys still watch this?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Tag match was very good, AJ/KO was a fine match with a cluster **** of a finish, the rest was bad. I'm sorry I made my brother come over and watch it with me.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think they all need to work on their timing and urgency between moves...the stand around and wait for the bus thing is frustrating every time and is a harsh reminder of the reality of everything. Jinder standing on the cage like a jackass instead of gaining more legitimacy by climbing over without outside help...it's just poor. I mean at least make like a half attempt and like slip off the bars a little or something...

Yeah Yokozuna aint from Japan but the **** he ain't, yknow??? Jinder Mahal is from Punjab, India. Says. so on the website.

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I didn't think it was that bad of a show.

Then again, I was **** faced, ordered some really good Chinese food, and changed the channel for Cena/Rusev and Sami/Mike.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Via Meltzer:

Dillinger/English *1/2
New Day/Usos Tag Titles ***1/4
Nakamura/Corbin *1/2
Women's 5-way #1 contender **1/2
Owens/Styles US Title ***1/4
Cena/Rusev flag match ***
Zayn/Kanellis **
Mahal/Orton World Title Punjabi Prison 3/4*

Via me:
Tag titles ***1/2
Nakamura/Corbin **
Women's 5-way *3/4
KO/AJ ***
Cena/Rusev **1/4
Zayn/Kanellis **
Punjabi Prison *1/4

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For as bad as it was, it wasn't as bad as Wyatt/Orton at Wrestlemania, imo and the last prison match.

Although I think that match needed intergers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wasn't the last one Batista/Show? I mean...it sucked, but it was watchable imo. At least from what I'm remembering but that was like 10 years ago.

Orton/Wyatt and the Punjabi prison matches are some of the worst main events in history imo. Orton can be a good worker but god damn, he's having quite the run at having the worst main events in recent memory this year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's one thing to do a bad main event in a nothing PPV. But Wyatt/Orton at WM with the worms and stuff... that was the dumbest thing i've ever seen. And to do it on the biggest stage. Wow. Taker vs. Giant Gonzales is more watchable and makes more sense from WM9 than that Wyatt/Orton "match".

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's one thing to do a bad main event in a nothing PPV. But Wyatt/Orton at WM with the worms and stuff... that was the dumbest thing i've ever seen. And to do it on the biggest stage. Wow. Taker vs. Giant Gonzales is more watchable and makes more sense from WM9 than that Wyatt/Orton "match".
I think the Bray and Orton stuff was a decent idea, it just didn't workout when they did it. I wouldn't call it stupid for being a new idea, especially when similar things have gone fine in the past.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Honestly, they didn't go far enough with the Wyatt/Orton stuff and the stuff they ran with just had too many holes to be taken seriously.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the Bray and Orton stuff was a decent idea, it just didn't workout when they did it. I wouldn't call it stupid for being a new idea, especially when similar things have gone fine in the past.

Yeah it was an interesting idea that didn't quite work in execution, plus they used it too many times.

The actual match was going to suck with or without it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Wyatt/Orton feud was awesome until Orton pulled out a crucix.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->