GDT: WWE Battleground (23rd July 2017) - Cage of the Hinderer

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You guys know what the worst part is? The most likely main-event matches on the Smackdown side for SummerSlam are...

Orton vs Khali
Cena vs Jinder

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

And KO/AJ III (not counting the garden) which have been super underwhelming

With the roster SD has they should be blowing RAW out of the water but Ward is doing great things for that brand right now..

Reigns/Braun
Joe/Lesnar
Ambrose/Seth (you all know its coming)

3 solid feuds and storylines

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
You guys know what the worst part is? The most likely main-event matches on the Smackdown side for SummerSlam are...

Orton vs Khali
Cena vs Jinder

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
Can't imagine they'll allow Khali be in the ring himself. Outside of a six man/eight man where they can hide him on the apron.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I'm not sure if Khali will actually wrestle matches. I think he's just another goon for Jinder ala Bollywood Boys.

Plus, Khali is massive in India, so he's probably there to help Jinder get more over there as well.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Well I was out last night and I am ok with that decision seeing as Khali is a channel changer for me. One of the absolute worst wrestlers of all time.

It is so confusing to me because Vince McMahon has made such shrewd business moves in the past. Now he is making one of his brands unwatchable by pushing 2 terrible workers simply because of their heritage. And for what? To sell a few more t-shirts in India?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Worst part is it make Jinder look super weak. Orrin had that match won 4 times but only lost cause of interference, Jinder didn't come close to winning untill he climbed over the cage. If they want to push Jinder fine, just don't make it look like he needed 4 Indians to beat Randy.

Also the Singh brothers sure are willing to take a bump

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Worst part is it make Jinder look super weak. Orrin had that match won 4 times but only lost cause of interference, Jinder didn't come close to winning untill he climbed over the cage. If they want to push Jinder fine, just don't make it look like he needed 4 Indians to beat Randy.

Also the Singh brothers sure are willing to take a bump

I actually like Jinder looking weak, but still winning. I feel like some heels are just better being weaker and more treacherous. Not that I am a fan of this long Jinder run, though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well I was out last night and I am ok with that decision seeing as Khali is a channel changer for me. One of the absolute worst wrestlers of all time.

It is so confusing to me because Vince McMahon has made such shrewd business moves in the past. Now he is making one of his brands unwatchable by pushing 2 terrible workers simply because of their heritage. And for what? To sell a few more t-shirts in India?
Sure, he's made a lot of shrewd business decisions but he's also made a lot of mind numbingly stupid decisions in that same time frame. So it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Lol Randy can get away with basically anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean... I'd be super unhappy if I were Randy too, but the guy makes $3-million+ despite not being a draw and routinely half-assing it.

His matches with Christian were so good though and he was ALWAYS motivated for those so I see why he'd make a tweet like that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Orton was on board for what this run was about. Don't mistake apathy with the fact that he's had crowd-killing matches

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alvarez said on the B&V show that fans were walking out of the main event to lineup and buy tickets for the Royal Rumble.

Bryan and Vinny were both dumbfounded at how the company could put on such a ****** show but they have enough life fans that they lineup to buy the next show lol

"they did 20 minutes of fighting to get out of the first cage and turns out it's just easier to climb up and jump to the bigger cage! These ********."

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
True story: I fell asleep during the Flag Match, woke up later, saw Khali on the TV and literally thought I had possibly travelled back in time since in the moment I didn't know what year it was.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't even remember a single thing from that show. I'll always remember the show where AJ/KO had a meh match and ****ing Khali came back.

I'll refresh your memory

• Kendo stick on a pole match for Women's Championship between Bayley and Alexa
  • Steel cage match for Tag titles between the Hardy and Sheamus & Cesaro with arbitrary rules
  • Austin Aries loses to Neville...again.

Literally the only high point of that PPV was Joe winning the Fatal 5-Way to become the #1 contender.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'll refresh your memory

• Kendo stick on a pole match for Women's Championship between Bayley and Alexa
  • Steel cage match for Tag titles between the Hardy and Sheamus & Cesaro with arbitrary rules
  • Austin Aries loses to Neville...again.

Literally the only high point of that PPV was Joe winning the Fatal 5-Way to become the #1 contender.

why would you do that to me

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alvarez said on the B&V show that fans were walking out of the main event to lineup and buy tickets for the Royal Rumble.

Bryan and Vinny were both dumbfounded at how the company could put on such a ****** show but they have enough life fans that they lineup to buy the next show lol

"they did 20 minutes of fighting to get out of the first cage and turns out it's just easier to climb up and jump to the bigger cage! These ********."

My city gets up for the big events.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
eE2Lx12.jpg

They need to add more bamboo to the cages. I don't want to see any of the wrestlers next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad