GDT: WWE Backlash (21st May 2017) - Nakamura’s in-ring debut!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
haven't popped that hard since AJ beat Cena clean at Summerslam. One of the all time greatest moments in WWE history.

Oct 18, 2011
We always complain about the same guys always being champion... Here's a new guy. Give it a chance to work

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Think I'm most disappointed in the unprettier getting kicked out of asap
Could have atleast made it a last second save, or have been a supermodel kick or beauty shot
Why kill the unprettier :(

FaBreeze legit the best thing on the main roster right now though

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
jinder mahal should have a nice title run even if he beats randy orton again for a rematch. sd is the land of the opportunity.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I seriously hope WWE doesn't ***** out and flip the belt back to Orton on Tuesday.

Like you decided to do this whether people like it or not, so ****ing stick with it for a bit.

IDK if it was the right move, but Jinder at least is semi compelling. Can seemingly cut a decent promo, is a believable heel, not bad in the ring. They did something similar with JBL. No name midcarder into a main eventer basically overnight. Worked okay.

The question is where do they go from here?

Edit: His theme is lowkey fire too. Perfect fit.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hardcore fan version of me would have tried to find some humour in this but Jinder winning the title does nothing to make me want to tune in to Smackdown on Tuesdays.

To be fair, Jinder not winning the title wouldn't have made you or me want to tune in Tuesday either. The main event spot was set up for failure as soon as they put it on Orton at Wrestlemania. They should've just went straight to Styles/Orton or if you wanted to give someone who isn't over on the main roster a shot, it should've been Zayn or Corbin. Either could be justified. The only justification for Mahal in this spot is their stupid money grab in India.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
They're giving Jinder some shine and as other have eluded...it's probably to suck up to the India market. It's not during a prime time in the wrestling calendar. They wouldn't dare have him go into SummerSlam as the champ. If they were going to do it, it was going to be now during the low water mark after Mania.

Jinder has been packaged well. He's a good heel although we've the seen elitist rich foreign heel gimmick enough. You can't take his physique seriously because we knew what he used to look like and how much of a jobber he once was. SmackDown has been true to form because Slater won the tag titles although the division was barren at the time.

I'll be curious to see if he takes this title reign beyond the next PPV or if he just drops it at the next PPV to a hotter babyface. I think AJ-Owens has some more juice after that non-finish. Sami could move onto a big title feud and it would be a cool spot to see him win the belt off Jinder. Or do they push Nakamura immediately to the title picture? Jinder vs. Nakamura would be weird though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's every part sucking up to the India market, and if they get traction in there as a result, then this accomplished their goal. If the US market tanks though as a result, that's a new issue where you have to decide if it's worth it.

To me it seems that AJ or Nakamura are the guys to take it off of him based on the current layout, or Baron Corbin cashes in money in the bank (let's not pretend he's not winning the briefcase). They already did AJ/Jinder though, and Nakamura would probably get a pretty big reaction if he took the belt off him.

I can't really kill them, we do complain often about guys getting buried, stars not being made, predictable storylines, etc.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
landmark WWE champions

1st - Rogers
10th - Andre
20th - Sid
25th - Triple H
30th - Lesnar
40th - The Miz