GDT: WWE Backlash (21st May 2017) - Nakamura’s in-ring debut!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Uh he can wrestle and was great on the mic? His in ring psychology was incredible.

The only thing Jinder had as a performer over Christian is steroids. :laugh:

Back in 2005, Christian was amazing and probably the biggest reason I watched. That was his best time, and he was incredibly entertaining. If people missed that era of Christian, I can understand why people didn't get his popularity.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nakamura and Ziggler had a Smackdown main event match. Probably wasn't all that different from the dark and house show matches they had. I thought they'd work a little harder to make Nakamura look great, but I also think Nakamura is just going to save his best stuff for huge matches, and in the meantime do the bare minimum to keep himself over enough. It wasn't so much disappointing as it was underwhelming when you consider the match he had with Sami Zayn, and the fact that it was Nakamura's best match despite it being his first match.

I would think that a debut match would be the time to bring out at least some of your best stuff. I mean, not all of it because you want to leave them wanting more but that match was vanilla. Like it wasn't a bad match but it should have been so much better given the situation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would think that a debut match would be the time to bring out at least some of your best stuff. I mean, not all of it because you want to leave them wanting more but that match was vanilla. Like it wasn't a bad match but it should have been so much better given the situation.

His debut on the main roster was literally his entrance, and I think his second week was just him saying his name. Definitely seems to be the plan to do a little as possible until he has to do something else.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
late, but from what I actually watched of the event:

Nakamura/Ziggler - didn't watch
Usos/Fashion Police - **3/4
Zayn/Corbin - **3/4
Six-woman tag - didn't pay attention, don't care
Owens/Styles - ***1/2
Harper/Rowan - **
Orton/Mahal - **1/4

the only reason Orton/Mahal was so high was because Orton actually dragged Mahal's ****** ass up to a level where he'd look decent. Mahal couldn't even have a good match with Styles ffs so it was a miracle this version of Orton got a (mediocre) **1/4 out of Mahal imo.

To sum it up quickly -

**** the writers for ****ing Corbin's momentum up by having him job clean to Dean at WM and now have him being an ordinary guy.

**** Mahal, he sucks so bad. I get people want a fresh face in the picture, but the fresh faces I want are Corbin, Rusev, Big E, Harper, etc... you know, guys who are actually talented in some way, shape or form.

**** this Kevin Owens since his summer feud with Zayn. I have no interest in this guy whatsoever.

the women's division is a mess. who gives a damn about any of this?

i didn't watch it but the layout of Ziggler/Nak sounds stupid as hell.

after Smackdown 2016 was must-see TV after the split, Smackdown 2017 really sucks. So bad. SO. ****ING. BAD.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I prefer to wait anyways, might prefer we have a thread just to do this.

Dillinger/English - **1/2
Nakamura/Ziggler - **3/4
Breezango/Usos - **3/4
Zayn/Corbin - **3/4
Women's Trios - *3/4
Owens/AJ - ****
Harper/Rowan - **
Orton/Mahal - ***

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
agree with all your assessment

my first PPV since coming back with no 4* match

Depending on one's opinion, you could make the case there hasn't been any since elimination chamber.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Depending on one's opinion, you could make the case there hasn't been any since elimination chamber.

true, now I think about it I dont think there was a 4* at Fastlane. Payback and Mania were both barely rescued by the Raw Tag Titles

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Since I stopped recording any good match in my list and only record ****+ matches, I haven't had to update my list for WWE matches since around... February? I think the Elimination Chamber was the last match I added to the list from the main roster.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Since I stopped recording any good match in my list and only record ****+ matches, I haven't had to update my list for WWE matches since around... February? I think the Elimination Chamber was the last match I added to the list from the main roster.
That can't include NXT right? If you rated Dunne/Bate below **** I would smack you. :P

I wonder if Owens boring you might have something to do with that too. Basically everywhere I've seen besides you has Owens/Styles above ****.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That can't include NXT right? If you rated Dunne/Bate below **** I would smack you. :P

I wonder if Owens boring you might have something to do with that too. Basically everywhere I've seen besides you has Owens/Styles above ****.

I only meant main card. There's been a few NXT matches over ****.

maybe. I'm just so done with Owens at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Typically a bad finish would kill a star rating from me, but I thought that one made enough sense and I hope they rematch and have a finish when they come to my city, Philadelphia, for Battleground.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I had Owens/Styles at 3.5 and am also pretty much bored of KO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Typically a bad finish would kill a star rating from me, but I thought that one made enough sense and I hope they rematch and have a finish when they come to my city, Philadelphia, for Battleground.

Better hope Kevin Owens actually decides to work up to the level he can and not the one he's shown for the past year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From Dave:

Dillinger/English - **
Nakamura/Ziggler - **3/4
Breezango/Usos - **1/2
Zayn/Corbin - **1/2
Women's Trios - **
Owens/AJ - ***3/4
Harper/Rowan - **
Orton/Mahal - **3/4

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I thought AJ/KO was exactly what it should have been for the start of a feud.

Face gets screwed and heel gets a unfair victory while the match was good but they didn't go all out with spots or finisher kick outs. (and please, if you thought the ending was "predictable" with him getting his leg stuck in the table, shoot yourself out of a cannon into jupiter)

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's truly amazing that Randy Orton of all people pulled a match in the 2-3 star territory out of Jinder Mahal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->