WWE 205 Live (new show airing Tuesdays live @ 10pm on WWE Network)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Probably has more to do with schedules than anything. The CWs are going to be working a lot. I wish it lead into NXT or after NXT. Doesn't Main Event lead into NXT already?

205 should have been it's own thing from the start similar to NXT. They could have done their own 2-hour specials before NXT.

Hopefully 205 is used like NXT. A development brand. None of the RAW stars should show up on 205.

Should have just given the CWs to Smackdown if they're going to make it a 3-hour show basically.

Mauro and Graves calling the show will be awesome though.

You might get your wish. Not to delve into spoilers but there is a chance that you may see that happen.

I agree, the CW's actually should of just been part of NXT. Seems like these guys are on the same type of developmental deals or not even signed. NXT 8-9 and NXTlight 9-10.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, it's on. It's already happening. 45 minute show and we're already wasting time.

Austin Aries is on commentary so I guess he'll be in the division when he returns.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hate Swann's gimmick so much. Stop dancing without selling after a long, grueling match. So stupid.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
SWANN WON??? Yesssss
Maybe you should watch dancing with the stars instead since Swann doesn't even sell. Maybe that's why you hate wrestling. Too much wrestling, not enough dancing. :laugh:

Alex Wright would be disgusted!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the guy with personality is finally at the forefront of a division that isn't going anywhere. Sorry for being happy that the only guy who gets any sort of reaction from crowds is now the face of his division.

This literally has nothing to do with my thoughts on wrestling. I'll never watch this show. I'll probably never watch the cruiserweights on Raw if I ever record Raw again and fast forward to parts I want to watch. But there's a much better chance I'll stop and watch the division if Swann is a bigger part of the division, and based on crowd reactions for him (which are alright in the grand scheme of things, but great compared to the other cruiserweights), others may as well.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I liked the show, the presented it much like the CWC and gave the people some story behind the characters, if they keep this up it will slowly translate to the raw card. Also maybe playing some of the vignettes would be good or giving them some mic time.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah shame on that Rich Swann for celebrating what is probably the biggest accomplishment of his life.
Celebrate after. Selling is huge. And I can't take a wrestler as serious when they don't sell. Right after the match, he was selling great. Then suddenly he's Michael Jackson. It doesn't have to be perfect, but something.

the guy with personality is finally at the forefront of a division that isn't going anywhere. Sorry for being happy that the only guy who gets any sort of reaction from crowds is now the face of his division.

This literally has nothing to do with my thoughts on wrestling. I'll never watch this show. I'll probably never watch the cruiserweights on Raw if I ever record Raw again and fast forward to parts I want to watch. But there's a much better chance I'll stop and watch the division if Swann is a bigger part of the division, and based on crowd reactions for him (which are alright in the grand scheme of things, but great compared to the other cruiserweights), others may as well.
He may get the odd pop.. But he's no more over than Kendrick or Perkins. The crowd was still fairly quiet for most of the match. He got a nice chant at the end and that's about it. He's somehow worse than TJP on the mic.

There was an awkward this is awesome chant. I like Swann but the dancing after was dumb. If it was a wrestler you didn't love, you'd be criticizing it. Let's be honest. I remember Alex Wright would try to dance and kneel over in pain. It was good selling and hilarious.

I could be wrong here, but weren't you one of the ones criticizing Bayley after her match with Sasha for selling for forgetting about the injured hand a couple times down the stretch, even though she still tried to sell it despite being overcome with emotion? I don't need perfect.. I need to think they've been through a war.

Anyway.. match was good. The amount of pink and purple was a bit overwhelming though.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You're writing as if Vince thinks selling is important. If it makes for a better moment, he definitely does not want you to sell.

Sure it would be nice, but these guys on the main roster are told that it's not important.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Poor Aries, gonna be stuck on 205 when he should be on RAW(we all know RAW miss uses the cruiserweights already) or SD. Having Aries be cruiserweight champ and having matches with other people on the roster and winning would be amazing.

I don't get the separation, let them face other guys on the roster. You can keep the whole under 205 pounds to go after the title thing and even work that into stories. I just don't like all the separation their getting

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
They teased a relationship between Alicia Fox and Cedric Alexander. Would be a sign that they won't completely segregate them.

Happy for Swann. Waiting for Noam Dar's time.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Ahhh This show ain't no good.
simpsons_elvis.jpg

Don't envision it to last long. 45 minutes for a premiere. They're gonna treat this like another Velocity.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
They should've given HHH complete control of the Cruserweight division, especially after how great the CWC was. They have completely botched the division to this point even with all the talent in it

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gallagher had visa issues I think, that's why it took so long to get him back on TV

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Gallagher had visa issues I think, that's why it took so long to get him back on TV
It wasn't really visa issues, it just takes a while to get everything sorted out in oder to be able to work full time on the other end of the world; and then more time to actually move there. Noam Dar was in the same boat, along with almost everyone else they sign from outside north america.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Noam Dar had some dates to finish though. They had Glasgow coming up, so they wouldn't have used him until then regardless.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dar was signed a while before Gallagher, the same time as Tommy End and Big Damo (they also needed time to work everything out). It's just a long process for foreign guys.

While they do finish dates, it's just as much that as it is keeping working instead of quitting for a few months before leaving for WWE.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
they're holding them down too much.
wrestling wise this was too boring compared to cwc.

i guess once we "meet" everyone in the roster they'll have more time on promos and building feuds instead of the vigenttes.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from wrestlingnewssource.com:

WWE 205 Live made it's debut following last night's SmackDown Live although it would appear a large portion of those in attendance didn’t stick around for the premiere. Security had to quickly relocate fans in order to make the arena look full.

There had been concern this was going to happen and WWE may have to move the show before SmackDown to combat this in the future. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a trend or was merely a one-off.

from wrestlingnews.co:

If you were wondering why WWE dimmed the lights for the premiere episode of 205 Live then we might have the answer for you. Many fans left after Smackdown Live was done and they chose not to stick around for 205 Live.

One person that was there estimated that about half of the crowd left just 15 minutes into 205 Live. Hopefully, the crowd gives them a chance next week because the show was pretty good. This week’s episode was capped off by a great main event between Brian Kendrick vs. Rich Swann for the Cruiserweight Championship. There was a lot of silence for the first half of the match but they did win over large sections of the crowd towards the end so that is a good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad