WWE 205 Live (new show airing Tuesdays live @ 10pm on WWE Network)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
205 Live will of course be showcasing the Crusierweights. Live on the network @ 10pm on Tuesdays. Talking Smack will now air @ 11pm.

I know this was in the news thread but thought it deserves it's own thread.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Talking Smack gets taped too i bet now. Too many work-shoots for Vince's liking

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yes. They will still be on Raw each week.

The idea is to use Raw to set up some matches for the Tuesday show, and then to promote it like hell on both Raw and Smackdown to drive people to the Network.

I think the idea for the show is good. The CWC was great, and the presentation was excellent. They've got the talent for it to do well, especially when they only need to fill an hour of TV. But I'm not sure it'll do well in the setting of the main roster. It think it might flop to a general audience, even if the content is good. Especially when you have it right after Smackdown.

I think the better plan would have been to have it taped at Full Sail in the same way NXT is. You'd have a hotter audience, especially given how much they love Swan and Alexander. You can still push it on Raw and Smackdown, you'll just have to write the stuff a bit in advance (which is fine, as they're self contained like the women are). I'd also air it on Wednesday night.

I'd actually make Wednesday night a thing on the Network. Have NXT, then a second show every week. Have the 205 show be the 'default' one, but they put it on break when they do things like the CWC. They're having the Women's Tournament next year, put that in the time slot. Maybe do a couple nights of tag matches for the Dusty Tag instead of house shows.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smackdown talents are upset because this means they'll have to stay at the arena for an extra hour with all these tapings.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Another show is being added. A female wrestling show similar to the cruiser weights tournament.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-is-planning-on-running-all-womens-tournament

Holy crap! Looks like I sort of kind of on target in the weekly news thread back when that guy on twitter dropped hints about big wrestling news.

I knew WWE was up to something with women's wrestling given how they pretty much scouted every big name on the independent circuit the last two months and have wanted to make a non reality tv women's only show since the attitude era.

I wonder what the prize for the tournament will be? A contract? A championship belt of their own?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
WWE really does not understand the concept less is more do they......

Fans that really want to watch them will watch this show. The cruiserweights on Raw experiment just hasn't worked. They're an entertaining property but they just get swallowed up by the vacuum of Raw. Good on them for changing course.

We all had a bad feeling about this idea after how good the tournament was and for how clunky of a show Raw can be. The best part of these network shows is I can watch them on my own time and I can skip stuff that doesn't interest me.

Love the idea of Mauro and Corey doing these matches...Cole was predictably awful calling these matches. Announcers can enhance or bring down the energy of matches. Mauro was great calling the tournament. He knows who these guys are.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE tries to hard to separate the cruiserweights on RAW.

Screw the ropes, Screw the lighting, screw the titantron graphic.

Have them come out like any other wrestlers. Let the wrestling define them.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
To those who watch a majority of the wwe network programming, how do you do it? For example, a guy who works an 8-5 job along with watching hockey regularly needs to find time. What shows are must watch. I guess Superstars, main event and a few others are already off limits.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
To those who watch a majority of the wwe network programming, how do you do it? For example, a guy who works an 8-5 job along with watching hockey regularly needs to find time. What shows are must watch. I guess Superstars, main event and a few others are already off limits.

I'll watch the previous night's NXT and maybe Talking Smack when I get up in the morning on Thursdays and try to watch both before I leave for work. I'll probably fit in the cruiserweights show on the weekend.

The bulk of my "classic wrestling" viewing occurs on weekends. In the morning, I'll watch a few hours of WWE PPVs or what I'm currently doing now...watching all the ECW on TNN shows along with Hardcore TV along with the PPV in chronological order. I'm probably going to watch the Raw, Nitro and PPVs from the Monday Night War era next.

Watching ECW stuff is easy to knock out multiple episodes in a single sitting because they're 45 minutes each (without commercials). Watching Raw and Nitro will take longer because they were 2 hour shows.

With the network online, I like to put the network in a separate browser and I can work on fantasy hockey and read sports news in a separate window. I'll go really nerdy and put EPL on NBC games in a third window and watch that on mute while I have WWE Network going. I do the two screen thing with my laptop...I'll put my Network window on the other screen.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well hockey just started back up.. So I wasn't worried about that until now. Hockey always comes first.

I also work 12s in the health field. I also am fairly recently single, so that sure helps lol.

But I watch things when I have time. Sometimes it takes takes a week or two to watch something.

On top of that, I have two PC monitors and a TV on my desk.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
:laugh: pulling out all the stops. Multitasking! I guess the biggest thing is you got to like the content. Someone who likes 20% of the content will have less to watch than a person who likes 80% of the content. Watching raw and smackdown recorded has helped a lot to save time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well hockey just started back up.. So I wasn't worried about that until now. Hockey always comes first.

I also work 12s in the health field. I also am fairly recently single, so that sure helps lol.

But I watch things when I have time. Sometimes it takes takes a week or two to watch something.

On top of that, I have two PC monitors and a TV on my desk.

Raw is generally easy to watch with a more hockey-focused viewing habit since hockey doesn't really play a whole lot on Mondays. Smackdowns on Tuesday though can be an issue depending on what's going on that day for me. I still haven't been able to watch Smackdown yet from Tuesday but I will tonight.

Oct 18, 2011
Fans that really want to watch them will watch this show. The cruiserweights on Raw experiment just hasn't worked. They're an entertaining property but they just get swallowed up by the vacuum of Raw. Good on them for changing course.

We all had a bad feeling about this idea after how good the tournament was and for how clunky of a show Raw can be. The best part of these network shows is I can watch them on my own time and I can skip stuff that doesn't interest me.

Love the idea of Mauro and Corey doing these matches...Cole was predictably awful calling these matches. Announcers can enhance or bring down the energy of matches. Mauro was great calling the tournament. He knows who these guys are.
according to big dave and bryan they are putting this on AFTER smackdown, i don't get this at all. wouldn't it make more sense to have them on before and just air it later? after fans see all the top guys are they going to stick around and watch this?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
according to big dave and bryan they are putting this on AFTER smackdown, i don't get this at all. wouldn't it make more sense to have them on before and just air it later? after fans see all the top guys are they going to stick around and watch this?

Most will but it's not likely to garner much of a reaction. And if Vince is running that taping, I can't see it succeeding all that much.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Yup. Airing it at 10 after SD is going to take all the momentum away from Talking Smack. And well, who wants to watch three hours on Monday AND Tuesday.

TBH only the hardcore of the hardcore would are interested in cruiserweights.

So I am pretty sure that those fans would probably watch 6 hours of wrestling. And being on the network you always have the VOD option available meaning that whoever is interested isn't stuck watching it specifically on Tuesday they could wait till the next day or friday to watch it.

Though I do agree Wed after NXT would of been a better time slot. I am sure it has to do with costs and its more economic to tape it the same time as SD rather than have a separate taping at full sail.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
TBH only the hardcore of the hardcore would are interested in cruiserweights.

So I am pretty sure that those fans would probably watch 6 hours of wrestling. And being on the network you always have the VOD option available meaning that whoever is interested isn't stuck watching it specifically on Tuesday they could wait till the next day or friday to watch it.

Though I do agree Wed after NXT would of been a better time slot. I am sure it has to do with costs and its more economic to tape it the same time as SD rather than have a separate taping at full sail.
Probably has more to do with schedules than anything. The CWs are going to be working a lot. I wish it lead into NXT or after NXT. Doesn't Main Event lead into NXT already?

205 should have been it's own thing from the start similar to NXT. They could have done their own 2-hour specials before NXT.

Hopefully 205 is used like NXT. A development brand. None of the RAW stars should show up on 205.

Should have just given the CWs to Smackdown if they're going to make it a 3-hour show basically.

Mauro and Graves calling the show will be awesome though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad