GDT: WSHCAR

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
There's no direct evidence, to my knowledge. I lean towards Carolina making the call for two reasons:

1. McKenzie said in a Bobcast in June 2018 that he heard that Dundon doesn't like buyouts. I'll try to find the link later. Obviously, Marleau was acquired and bought out under his watch. However, he was compensated handsomely for that.

2. The Canes also added a pick, albeit a trivial one. Why is Carolina adding a pick if Florida is making the call?
Well we don’t know all the conversations. They could’ve started talking a bigger deal and it all got boiled down to us adding a pick. Maybe they offered Reimer for Darling and a player knowing we were desperate and we talked it down to a pick?

Dundon does hate buyouts and this trade is up our alley but they could’ve presented that to us knowing what we like to do.

I’m just against going overboard patting ourselves on the back when we have nothing to really back it up that it was genius on our part.

I’m also not sold on this guy being as good as he is seemed recently, though he would have to shoot multiple pucks into his own net for me not to see him as a positive addition over Darling. It just gets carried away sometimes. We’ve got smart people. Most teams have smart people. I like that our people do a good job, good enough.

Reactions: jaalru

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
FLA was going to buy out anyway, and Darling had better contract structure for their needs. FLA couldn't have traded Reimer in a trade that made sense in their case, but Reimer had some value as a trade piece as evidenced by us thinking he would be flipped further during the summer.

To be fair, he has had some great games, especially during the trip. WHAT PISSES ME OFF THOUGH IS THAT MRÁZEK OFTEN HAS GOOD GAMES WITH TRASH SAVES %. LOOKING AT LAST GAME FOR EXAMPLE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad