Confirmed Trade: [WSH/TOR] Rasmus Sandin for 2023 BOS 1st round pick and Erik Gustafsson

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Did not see this, at all.

Sandin was clearly going to be the odd man out barring injuries on the blueline so Dubas sends him somewhere he can play but then brings in another LD. Ah, a cheaper, more experienced LD.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Gus has been pretty solid this season in WAS. He can hold the 7D duty or jump in on the third pair and play PP minutes.

I think this is good business for TOR. They clear some cap space, recoup an asset, and still have a warm body NHLer.

I guess it's better than letting sandin rot behind other vets and lower his value in the future, so it kind of makes sense.

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
Dubas played too much franchise mode on ea nhl but seriously really interesting expecting some other move

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Not sure why all leaf fans are confused. It's clear Sandin isn't happy being off the roster and he is the odd man out with the mccabe trade

We have Rielly, McCabe and Gio on our LD, who does he displace over the next couple seasons? He's not someone you keep as "depth" - if you don't have use for him now better to get the 2023 1st.

MapleLeafsMats

Aug 9, 2020
McCabe took Sandin's spot for the foreseeable future and Leafs wanted to save themselves a headache of him requesting a trade after not getting in the lineup during the playoffs. Getting a 1st back to use before Friday is key. I'd be shocked if they don't move that for other help.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I called it right after the McCabe trade. Was 4th on the LHD depth chart. Great return....Gustafsson is much needed on the PP1 because Rielly is absolutely useless QBing it.

Reactions: CanuckCity

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
If this isn't a set up for another trade, I don't understand why they'd move Sandin.

I'd rather Sandin than Gus and that's disregarding the age difference.

Edit: Mccabe.. makes more sense now

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad