Confirmed Trade: [WSH/SEA] Marcus Johansson (@50%) for Daniel Sprong, 2022 4th round pick, 2023 6th round pick,

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Can you explain why so many people dislike Sprong? I have watched every game this season and do not see nor understand the portion of the fan base who disliked him. I feel like even if you dislike Sprong you can't look at Mojo and say this is a good trade.

Sprong costs us is 750k
Mojo unless Seattle eats Cap is 4.25

I like my 750k Sprong better
Marcus Johansson is being paid $1.5 million.

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Can you explain why so many people dislike Sprong? I have watched every game this season and do not see nor understand the portion of the fan base who disliked him. I feel like even if you dislike Sprong you can't look at Mojo and say this is a good trade.

Sprong costs us is 750k

Err. Johansson is signed for 1.5M right now.

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Sprong costs us is 750k

Sprong has a great wrist shot. I mean, it's an "A".

And that's it.

Nothing else.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
First time out of 8 trades that Seattle trades for an actual player.

The previous 7 trades all returned picks only.
ron francis finally did it!

if i recall correctly, he never made a deal in carolina that involved both teams sending players. if i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will correct this.

an amazing streak ends

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

Sprong costs us is 750k

oh i agree that mojo is no better. Sprong doesnt provide anything without his 1 goal every 10 games or so. if caps fans are interested in letting younger players get playing time why waste it on a guy who was on his 3rd team in 4 years and now onto his 4th team in 5 years. His flash at goal scoring that he shows every now and then will keep him in the league but dont see him ever putting it together. Getting mojo back is extremely disappointing too

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Daniel's play spells 'Sprong a leak' . . . a scoring winger who doesn't score enough is passed around to teams that think they will magically be the place he breaks out

Reactions: Caps8112

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I bet MoJo is still good at zone entries. And better defensively than Sprong. That’s probably it.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Daniel's play spells 'Sprong a leak' . . . a scoring winger who doesn't score enough is passed around to teams that think they will magically be the place he breaks out
If that's the case, he'll fit right in on the Kraken, granted we've already traded away a few of the guys who fit this description.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00