Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Evgeny Kuznetsov re-signs (8 years, $7.8M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Eh, I figured he'd probably get 7.5, so this is fine. He was significantly better in the playoffs this year compared to last, so that's a good sign.

Firing Orpik into the sun would solve a whole lot of the Caps' problems.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So caps have 4.6 Million to sign 8 players even at league Minimum this can't be done . Who is getting moved ?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
At this point, I just want every contract to get as high as possible.

A lockout in 2019 could provide an amnesty buyout to get rid of Brent Seabrook. :D

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So where is Ovechkin getting traded to make room for them to sign enough players to field a team?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Ok, now I'm seeing why Bowman wanted cost certainty with Saad. Panarin could hit 9 million if that's the comparable.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Maybe Rangers can get Stepan back at 6.5 after people realize its the going rate...

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Hard cap league, welcome to your third lockout in 15 years in 2019. Until then, just throw money at everything and kick the can down the road. With that said, Kuznetsov is about worth this contract compared to some other insane contracts being handed out.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What the heck is going on with these deals? How is every player getting an insane amounts of money all of a sudden? 1 good year and you're getting paid $7M+ now?? What happened to the Scheifele/Barkov type contracts at ~$6M? How does these young RFA's hold so much bargaining power all of a sudden?

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Yea, count me in the boat that doesn't see this as a bad contract.

In comparison to what the Caps need to fill out a roster it's rough. They need how many players? Something has to be in the works to ged rid of someone. Or pink is probably developing an allergy as we speak.

Going rate for someone of Kuzy's caliber.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
This is... lol a lot of money. I thought they'd get him for around 7 but like yikes. Love kuznetsov and I really hope he does well, but this'll be difficult to live up to, unless he hits his ceiling. Hard to see this deal ever looking great

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
What the heck is going on with these deals? How is every player getting an insane amounts of money all of a sudden? 1 good year and you're getting paid $7M+ now?? What happened to the Scheifele/Barkov type contracts at ~$6M? How does these young RFA's hold so much bargaining power all of a sudden?
Honestly, it's a domino effect from the leaked McDavid numbers. It completely resets the market for first- and second-tier players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad