Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Evgeny Kuznetsov re-signs (8 years, $7.8M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
you are correct he would be rfa this year and next... team could have taken him to arbitration where i estimate he wouldnt get more than around 6.5 using parinin or gradeau as compables

then let him hit ufa at 27. even if he scores 160 points in next 2 years he isnt likely to get more than 8 as an ufa. no one gets more than 8

A 27 yr old center as skilled as he is? Someone would out of pure desperation give him more than 8m.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I really hate these contracts, lock out incoming.

It was incoming the second the current CBA was signed. That has nothing to do with these contracts that you hate and everything to do with leverage and who (between the owners and players) have it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I'm sorry but thats not a valid answer. If thats your answer then your GM is awful.

Why doesn't every NHL player say that they're leaving for the KHL so that they can cash in?

Because the odds of RyJo (or insert your favorite north American born player), actually following through on it is very slim. A Russian (could also apply to other Europeans, but Russians especially) who says these are my demands and pony up otherwise I'll go play at home and get to go to the Olympics is a significantly more legitimate threat then some kid from Toronto or New York (or wherever) saying pony up or I'll go to Russia and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad