Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Evgeny Kuznetsov re-signs (8 years, $7.8M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Seems fair if he can be close to a ppg guy. Why'd his numbers dip to 59 points this year? His playoffs leave a lot to be desired too. Although caps have no choice $8M is a lot for him. I don't think he's better than Tarasenko who makes less.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
All these massive contracts are getting me concerned for our upcoming players
Seems a bit high but good to lock up Kuz

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
they keep digging themselves into a hole they need to sign 7 more players with 4.6 cap space. average 650k per player.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So they have 4.656M left for at least Burakovsky, Grubauer, 4 more forwards and 2 more D (signings or call-ups)?

I personally think they trade Grubauer. They thought he was going to Vegas for a long time i think, so it'll make it easier to trade him. Probably roll with Copley as the backup.

But yeah something has to give. Burakovsky takes a few million and even if you fill the roster from the inside they don't have enough cap space.

Have to wonder if they're trying to dump Orpik somewhere. Maybe in a package deal with Grubauer to Arizona or something.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at first I liked this as a comparable for Draisaitl, but now I'm not so sure. Drai almost had 30 goals this year, better than Kuz ever did, and Kuz never had a playoffs as good as Drai just had either. Ugg. The 8 million + figure could be realistic lol. What a world.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's not that bad of a contract (it's higher than what I expected), but the Capitals are making themselves ridiculously top heavy while their top of the lineup isn't good enough to make them win a cup.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
at first I liked this as a comparable for Draisaitl, but now I'm not so sure. Drai almost had 30 goals this year, better than Kuz ever did, and Kuz never had a playoffs as good as Drai just had either. Ugg. The 8 million + figure could be realistic lol. What a world.
This pretty much guarantees Draisaitl at 8+. Expecting him to get 8.5M if oilers want 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad