Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Sergei Shumakov to ELC [1 year, $925K]

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Kinda get the feeling this may be a ploy for more $$$, wherever he can find it

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He’s locked into a two-way, one-year ELC, with a salary max of $925K. That is what he will make anywhere.

Yet there is negotiation presumably about possible rookie bonuses, and the structure of the schedule A/B achievable performance targets. Depending on how easy it would be to reach them, he might push those earnings into the $4M+ range. The cap hit for this season would be $925K, and the team would be charged a cap overage penalty for the following season if he earned lavish bonuses that put his club over the cap once they are calculated.

Not sure of the limits for players his age. But bonuses are where the agent might be able to earn his pay.

Reactions: Hivemind

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So NYR were reported to not be involved. His agent says they haven't received any sort of verbal or physical contract offer from WSH, so they might not even be involved.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nikita Zaitsev apparently sold Igor Ozhiganov on Toronto hard to get him to sign here.

Maybe he did the same thing with Shumakov ;)

Reactions: teddygmr

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Nikita Zaitsev apparently sold Igor Ozhiganov on Toronto hard to get him to sign here.

Maybe he did the same thing with Shumakov ;)
If I were him, I would go to a team with a weaker forward group.

He will get more ice time outside of Toronto

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I could see Florida being interested. They’ve had success with Dadanov and just drafted Denisenko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad