Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Sergei Shumakov to ELC [1 year, $925K]

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Apparently signed with the Caps.

Sergei Shumakov signed a contract with the "Washington". The bilateral contract of the newcomer is 0.925 thousand for one season.

Excellent if so. Caps have graduated all of their forward prospects, for the most part (save guys like AJF, Barber, etc). So this would be a really nice add to the ranks. Their D prospect depth (and G) is good.

This would be the 3rd forward from over the pond that theyve added. Ikonen, Kammerer, and now Shumakov. All higher end skill players. Their current forward prospect groups are more lunch pail types, so this is smart.

In GMBM I trust!

Reactions: Corby78
Sep 19, 2008
Shumakov is still subject to the ELC rules so he had to sign a 1 year (two way) deal with a max guarantee of 925K. Could be some performance bonuses tacked on, but we'll see when more details emerge.

I'm just curious how soon we'll see him play. eager to see what he can do. Apparently he and Kuznetsov have played on the same line in the World Juniors

Reactions: teddygmr

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I was going to make some smarmy retort, but thought better of it.

I laughed as I wrote it. Glad you saw it the same :laugh:

All past wrongs are forgiven, let's all sit cross-legged around the campfire, Leaf fans on one-side Leafs haters on the other, and sing kumbaya!
:laugh:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
All past wrongs are forgiven, let's all sit cross-legged around the campfire, Leaf fans on one-side Leafs haters on the other, and sing kumbaya!
:laugh:

Something like that :thumbu:

After the Caps repeat, next summer we can all hold hands and howl at the moon. In preparation for the negativity!

(no, thats not what we'll do after the Caps repeat?? err....I will show myself out?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad