WWE: Wrestlemania 33 Discussion, Predictions, Fantasy Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It took them forever to do it. And it was too late in the card to do it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It took them forever to do it. And it was too late in the card to do it.

The 31 segment was alright. Was to long as well, but teasing Rock/HHH was cool and it was fun to see Ronda get both HHH and Steph to take bumps.

God this is bringing back memories of how much I didn't like 32. That Rock segment, and the awfulness that was the main event.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I would loooove to go to Orlando, but after the last two WMs I say pass. I have had ZERO desire to rewatch either of those shows.

That said, the draw is in all the other stuff: indie shows, possible NXT show and social media meetups.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The teenager from Making a Murderer that was sent to prison for life is being released because of an overturn. One of the parts of the show that resonated with wrestling fans is during one of his phone calls home, he asks his mother, "Am I going to miss Wrestlemania this year?" It's super depressing so when news broke he's being released, every wrestling fan who had seen the show made the exact same comment: "he can watch Wrestlemania this year!"

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It must be so awkward coming out of prison after missing 10 years worth of wrestling.

"Hey guys, how is my favorite wrestler Chris Benoit doing?"

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Guys stop talking about Reigns vs HHH its giving me PTSD, lets not go back there and relive that awful moment in Wrestling history

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well if the shows were as good as they were in Dallas, it's more than worth the trip.

Even if Wrestlemania is a flop, the whole experience of being there is worth it (and addicting). I do the travel packages because it gives me peace at mind that I have everything booked, but you can also still try to upgrade your tickets by buying tickets to individual events when they go on sale separately, and then simply scalp your package tickets (that is if you go with one of the cheaper packages but still want to get floor seats for NXT or Raw, for example).

San Jose for Mania 31 had a much better atmosphere than Dallas though. I guess that's because Dallas is a much bigger city it just felt like everything was a lot more spread out. In San Jose everything was easily within walking distance. The WWE hotel was a couple blocks from our package hotel and you would see wrestlers walking around during the day time, whereas in Dallas nothing was all that close unless you had the Wrestlecon hotel which was right next to the convention center.

Regardless, there are still a lot of people who are there for the wrestling weekend and that makes for an awesome atmosphere. The parties Friday night are amazing (that's how I ended up drinking with Alicia Fox and talked to her boyfriend for a while). Saturday night after the HOF is always fun, and then the after party after Mania is a blast. The Raw after Mania is by far the best atmosphere you will ever experience for a Raw event.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
My Wrestlemania 33 Dream Card:

World Heavyweight Championshp Match:
AJ Styles (C ) vs. Bray Wyatt

(Context - AJ Styles wins the championship at Survivor Series. No SD winner at the Royal Rumble. Bray Wyatt wins his number 1 contender's match at Fastlane)

WWE Universal Championship Match:
Finn Balor (C ) vs. Brock Lesnar

(Context - Finn Balor wins the championship at Summerslam and carries the belt to Wrestlemania. During this time Finn turns heel and aligns with the Club. Brock Lesnar wins the Royal Rumble).

WWE Women's Championship Match:
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks (C ) vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte

(Not sure how to get Becky involved in this match, but this is one I want to see nonetheless).

Intercontinental Championship:
John Cena (C ) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

(Context - John Cena does his open challenge and Shinsuke Nakamura takes him up on it to debut on Smackdown).

US Championship:

Rusev (C ) vs. Mystery Opponent (Kurt Angle)

(Context - Rusev goes on a long winning streak, beating Roman Reigns and others along the way. Mick Foley says, for Wrestlemania he has a special mystery opponent.)

WWE Tag Team Championship (Raw):
The Club (C ) vs. Enzo & Cass vs. The New Day

Smackdown Tag Team Championship:
American Alpha (C ) vs. The Revival

Kevin Owens vs. The Undertaker

Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton

Seth Rollins vs. Sami Zayn

Roman Reigns vs. Chris Jericho

The Big Show vs. Shaq

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal (20 men)
1. Braun Strowman (Raw)
2. Kane (Smackdown)
3. Apollo Crews (Smackdown)
4. Baron Corbin (Smackdown)
5. Titus O'Neil (Raw)
6. Darren Young (Raw)
7. Sheamus (Raw)
8. Cesaro (Raw)
9. Neville (Raw)
10. Sin Cara (Raw)
11. Mark Henry (Raw)
12. Jack Swagger (Raw)
13. Bo Dallas (Raw)
14. Zack Ryder (Smackdown)
15. Kalisto (Smackdown)
16. Alberto del Rio (Smackdown)
17. Dolph Ziggler (Smackdown)
18. Erick Rowan (Smackdown)
19. Luke Harper (Smackdown)
20. NXT Call-up (Austin Aries?)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What I am thinking now with future Brock booking is they seem to have turned him heel (for the better IMO). So I would book him on fantasy cards as heel right now.

I still want Nakamura/Brock for a title. Make a damn star Vince and shoot him to the moon.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The question that should be on people's minds is...who gets the undertakers retirement match?

Personally I think someone like Kevin Owens would do great with it. And unfortunately it needs to be a heel as anyone going into that match will become the heel

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Cena will get it. It was going to be the match last year until Shane came in, and it is the one match that should of been a streak match.

I can understand Cena vs Taker when Taker still had his streak intact because honestly I don't know who would win, but its not like Cena needed the Taker rub also, at this point Cena and Taker should be putting younger talent over. I still don't mind Brock taking the Taker rub as long as it pays off in the end making a mega star. If they had let Wyatt or someone else beat taker originally they would have made one already and cut out the middle man being Brock.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can understand Cena vs Taker when Taker still had his streak intact because honestly I don't know who would win, but its not like Cena needed the Taker rub also, at this point Cena and Taker should be putting younger talent over. I still don't mind Brock taking the Taker rub as long as it pays off in the end making a mega star. If they had let Wyatt or someone else beat taker originally they would have made one already and cut out the middle man being Brock.

Taker isn't putting someone over at this point. The streak was his last big job.

They are also going to want to put on the biggest money match they can, and Cena/Taker is the last big match up to do with him. Making it a retirement angle gives the intrigue.

Wyatt was never going to be the streak breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad