WWE: Wrestlemania 33 Discussion, Predictions, Fantasy Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Discussion regarding the big event in here like we've had in previous years. Inspired early by the spoiler thread discussion for fantasy cards.

My fantasy/prediction card as of this point:

- WWE Universal Title match: Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns.

- WWE World Title match: AJ Styles vs. Bray Wyatt.

- IC Title match: John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

- Dean Ambrose (w/Mick Foley) vs. Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon) in a Street Fight.

- Smackdown vs. Raw: Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe.

- Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens.

- WWE RAW Women's Title match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley.

- WWE SD Women's Title match: Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch.

- WWE RAW Tag Titles: Enzo & Cass vs. The Club vs. The New Day.

- WWE SD Tag Titles: American Alpha vs. The Wyatt Family (Harper & Rowan).

- U.S. Title match: Rusev vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Bully Ray vs. Sheamus in a Ladder match.

- Celebrity match: Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal.

- Pre-show: Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

- Pre-show: Charlotte vs. Dana Brooke.

- Pre-show; Smackdown vs. Raw: FaBreeze & The Usos vs. The Golden Truth & Neville & Sin Cara.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would also ****ing ADORE if the Smackdown vs. Raw match turned out to be The Club (Balor, Anderson & Gallows) vs. The Wyatt Family at Wrestlemania. It's the only way I'd accept Wyatt not being in the title match at Wrestlemania lol.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Fantasy Booking with no logic or reason, just what I wanna watch for 4 hours so dont take too seriously

Universal Title Stakes 6 Man Tag: Balor, Gallows, Anderson vs The Shield (for Balor/Rollins to take Title cause Rollins asks super nice honest.)

SD Title Tag Match: Styles vs Nakamura

Women's Raw Title: Sasha vs Charlotte

US Title Falls Count Anywhere: Zayn vs Owens

IC Title Ladder Match: Miz vs Cena vs Cesaro vs Crews vs Corbin vs Kalisto

Winners Take All Tag Titles Match: New Day + The Revival vs Enzo and Cass + American Alpha

Women's SD Title Triple Threat: Becky vs Bayley vs Asuka

Celebrity match: Big Show vs. Shaq

Pre-show Mixed Tag: Braun Strowman and Nia Jax vs James Ellsworth and Britt Baker

Pre-show 6 Man Tag: Fabreeze + Jericho vs The Hype Bros + Neville

I want to put the Wyatts in, but ive booked the night based on what id love to watch and I couldnt find space for a reasonably good match for him lol. I also admit this card requires some brand switches and some pretty janky kayfabe storylines but I can make it work hahaha

(legit spent way too much time on this haha)

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I just tried doing it and my god, the rosters are too big to fit all this talent in one show especially when WWE has never done more than 11 matches on a main card and that only happened like once. Will return to this in the future but I would like to see a show that ends with a face Seth Rollins defeating Brock Lesnar.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just tried doing it and my god, the rosters are too big to fit all this talent in one show especially when WWE has never done more than 11 matches on a main card and that only happened like once. Will return to this in the future but I would like to see a show that ends with a face Seth Rollins defeating Brock Lesnar.

It's surprisingly pretty damn big. I expect the Andre Battle Royal to have way more star power than usual, or both brands featuring 4-corner tag matches like Wrestlemania 20 did.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Universal Title: Seth Rollins (c) vs Sami Zayn
WWE Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
John Cena vs The Undertaker: Retirement Match
Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe
US Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs Bobby Roode
IC Title: Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton (c)
RAW Tag Titles: New Day (c) vs Balor Club
SD Tag Titles: American Alpha(c) vs Revival
RAW Women's Title: Sasha(c) vs Bayley
SD Women's Title: Becky vs Nia Jax (c)
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro
Big Show vs Shaq
Enzo and Cass vs Harper and Rowan: RAW vs SD match

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm skeptical that WWE will run this many matches (eleven main card, three pre-show - two more than last year) but if they did, this is how I could see it breaking down. I would hope Show/Shaq was on the pre-show but I doubt it, IC title would probably be bumped to the pre-show in that case. A lot of talent missing and gonna be in that battle royal. Pretty RAW heavy show, not gonna lie. I really tried to give Smackdown more but I'm not clever enough. Matches in order of airing.

Pre-show:

Interpromotional Tag Team Match
The Club vs. American Alpha

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Celebrity Match
The Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Main card:

WWE United States Championship Ladder Match
Sheamus (c) vs. Cesaro vs. Neville vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rusev vs. Big E
[Usual opening ladder match to get the crowd going, get all the important RAW mid-carders on the show. Cesaro or Big E wins.]

WWE World Tag Team Championship Match
The New Day (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass
[New Day reverts back to being heels around Rumble time, basically a clash between two most over tag teams on RAW. Amore/Cass wins.]

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews
[Same logic as IC title match with the SD mid-carders. Give Ziggler a WM win.]

No Holds Barred Match
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
[Owens get eliminated at RR by Zayn again, Owens beats the crap out of Zayn immediately after. Feud re-sparked. Owens wins.]

Interpromotional Women's Tag Team Match
Charlotte, Paige, & Nia Jax vs. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, & Carmella
[Some titles will need to be sacrificed to get everyone on the card. I think the SD Women's title will be the case. WWE values Charlotte too much to put her on pre-show. Becky is the SD champion. Brand supremacy, etc. Smackdown wins.]

Singles Match
Bray Wyatt vs. Triple H
[Rage against the machine. Bray finally wins.]

WWE Women's Championship Match
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bayley
[No explanation necessary. Either could win tbh.]

Singles Match
Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor
[Reigns said he wanted Finn again. Reigns screws Finn out of the title at some point, turning heel. Antagonize each other until Mania. Balor wins.]

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
[Orton takes the belt from Ambrose sometime this Fall and holds it until Mania. Styles wins the Rumble. Ambrose and Nakamura get into the match via some sort of shenanigans that I'm too lazy to think of. Styles wins]

Retirement Match
The Undertaker vs. John Cena
[Cena wins. Bye bye Taker.]

WWE Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
[Pretty straightforward. Rollins has to be a babyface and he has to win.]

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Could see Rusev(c) vs Sami Zayn for the U.S title

The thing about Bray vs Styles at Mania is that you either have Bray be 0-3 or Styles be 0-2

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Sure...it would absolutely suck for Wyatt to go 0-3 but being still "young" and having been trusted to face Cena and Taker at Mania? Something to hang his hat on.

But I agree. Would be nice to see him win once in awhile.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'd love to see a Cruiserweight Festival match for the title. Alexander, Ibushi, Perkins, Metalik, Gallagher, Itami, Kendrick, Tajiri, ZSJ, etc... Take your pick of any of these guys and put on a show.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd love to see a Cruiserweight Festival match for the title. Alexander, Ibushi, Perkins, Metalik, Gallagher, Itami, Kendrick, Tajiri, ZSJ, etc... Take your pick of any of these guys and put on a show.
That's my opener, in some sort. Trying to put a card together atm, and I've got too many titles and too many wrestlers D:.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah instead of a multi man ladder match for the U.S or IC title put on a Fatal 4 way or 5 - 6 man Cruiserweight match and give them like 20 minutes and watch them just go nuts. Hell even a rematch from CWC with Cedric Alexander vs Kota Ibushi for the title would be amazing.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
forgot about the cruiserweights. its hard to put on a card.
i know its fantasy and i could book it however i want, but i want to kinda make sense as well.

from people posts, i really like Wyatt vs HHH.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The Authority angle is most likely done for now tho, plus if/when HHH does come back it will be for RAW and Bray is on SD. I think we'd see Seth vs HHH instead of Bray. Bray vs HHH would be awesome tho, I feel like they might have missed that chance

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It makes the brand split seem out of the blue to me or in the very least they didn't think things through fully because they were quite clearly planting the seeds for Bray/HHH.

Or I mean...I suppose it could have been a bunch of random encounters where they'd stare down or Bray would oppose HHH but it didn't seem that way.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The Authority angle is most likely done for now tho, plus if/when HHH does come back it will be for RAW and Bray is on SD. I think we'd see Seth vs HHH instead of Bray. Bray vs HHH would be awesome tho, I feel like they might have missed that chance

:(
Crowd pumped for it and everything (just like when Bray was defiant at the Rumble)

Also shout out to H on selling that dirty deeds at the end

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So I've gone fantasy card.

Pre-Show:
We’ll have a two hour pre-show, so I’m having four matches

1. American Alpha (c) vs The Usos vs FaBreeze vs The Ascension - Four Corner Smackdown Tag Team Title Match:
-American Alpha retain.
-Exact teams don’t matter, but I want a multi-tag match to balance the normal tag match later.
-Story is Alpha have been the most dominant tag team in the division, and have defeated all challengers.
-This leads to the Revival making their debut on TV the following wee, and that program starts.

2. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Carmella, Paige, & Charlotte vs Emma, Dana Brooke, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss (c), & Eva Marie - Ten-Women Tag Team Match:
-Faces win
-This is the “get all the women on the card” match, so exact participants and size of the teams don’t matter too much.
-Nikki Bella retirement match, to Mirror Brie’s (if she is retiring).
-Becky pins Alexa to set up a title match for the following week’s TV.
-Some random story can happen to set it up, it really doesn’t matter much.

3. Big Show vs Shaquille O'Neal - Celebrity Match:
-It’s mostly meaningless fun match, so it goes here. Nothing to say about it.
-If it needs to be on the main card, switch it with the ARMBaR.

Backstage Segment - Dean Ambrose Attacked:
-This is to set up some things for later.
-Ambrose is attacked by three masked guys who get away before being caught.
-He’s given an injury to keep him out of his match later on the show, and for story reasons.
-(He also needed to be written off so I didn’t have to try and fit him on the card, but that problem resulted in a story for the next year).

4. Rusev (c) vs Cesaro - United States Title Match:
-Winner doesn’t matter.
-A simple singles title match to end the pre-show.
-Goal is to give the guys a bit of spotlight instead of getting lost in the ARMBaR.
-Can have other guys in a three- or four-way if desired.

Main-Show:
1. Kota Ibushi (c) vs Neville vs Hedio Itami vs ??? vs ??? - Fatal X-Way Cruiserweight Title Match:
-Unsure of exact participants as we’ve no idea who’s going to be in the division.
-I’m assuming Ibushi is signing with WWE, and winning the CWC to be the inaugural title holder.
-Winner doesn’t matter, but it needs to be a face (I’d go with Neville).
-Goal is for a fast opener with everyone doing all the things.
-On TV, the winner is confronted by a debuting Austin Aries.

2. The New Day (c) w/ Xavier Woods vs Enzo & Cass w/ Carmella - Raw Tag Team Title Match:
-Enzo & Cass win.
-New Day will have turned heel somewhere along the line, doens’t matter how.
-New Day will now leave the tag division and start on their new goal of winning Money in the Bank for Big E (which they do by cheating).
-This is the start of Big E’s main event push, Woods and Kofi could remain in the tag division as a duo, but the group isn’t splitting up.

3. Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn - Singles Match, loser leaves Raw, winner is given a title shot:
-Kevin Owens wins.
-Story is both guys have avoided each other, but after both being in the final four of the Rumble, (and eliminating each other) they’ve started to clash and cause problems again. This is a match to solve the problem.
-This is mostly on the card so that a re-match can happen for a title in a few years time, so the stipulation can be changed to fit something else.
-I want a title shot to be the result so we can jump Owens into the main event for the coming year.

4. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose - Three-Way Intercontinental Title Match:
-AJ Styles wins (clean).
-Ambrose doesn’t compete as he was ambushed earlier in the day and injured, he can be on commentary for the match.
-Match is set up after Styles beats Nakamura (dirty), while Ambrose had already earned a the shot. Ambrose has a win over Styles from earlier.
-Ambrose doesn’t trust Styles, and blames him for being attacked. Says Styles knew he can beat him, so he took him out.
-This to be an awesome match, basically a re-do of their match in Japan.

5. Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe - Singles Match:
-Samoa Joe wins.
-Story is Joe calls out Lesnar, then they fight.
-Goal is to turn Joe into a monster (who will work full time). Basically book him like Lesnar, except he’s on TV each week.

6. ARMBaR - Battle Royal:
-Braun Strowman wins
-This is the “get all the men on the card” match
-Strowman wins to start his push up the card, he’ll be fed to Joe down the line.
-No idea on any stories to be set up here.

7. Undertaker vs John Cena - Singles Match:
-Undertaker wins.
-Undertaker’s retirement match
-The match that should have happened, but never did.
-Wouldn’t be against some kind of Kane shenanigans happening for a double retirement.

8. Sasha Banks (c) vs Bayley - Women’s Championship Match:
-Sasha wins.
-Sasha turns heel during the match.
-End goal is to set Bayley up for a big win at the following Summerslam.

9. Randy Orton (c) vs Bray Wyatt - WWE Title Match:
-Bray Wyatt wins (clean).
-Bray wins the Royal Rumble to get his place in the match.
-This is the start of a big Wyatt storyline, and the start of his face turn.

10. Roman Reigns (c) vs Finn Bálor vs Seth Rollins:
-Bálor wins.
-This is where the story comes together.
-Rollins and Bálor do a double turn in the match
-Bálor wins via Club run in.

The Bálor Club is formed. Bálor and The Club are taking over Raw, Styles shows up on Smackdown with Omega and the Young Bucks in Bálor Club Shirts to takeover that show.

We’ve got the Shield reunion possible, as they were all wronged by the Bálor Club. And we’ve got the the Wyatt Family face turn for when they clash with the Bálor Club over the title.

Down the line it’s revealed that Triple H is backing the Bálor Club, and at that point you kick into Bray vs Authority storyline.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The Rock won't wrestle. He'll just do flamethrower ******** and eat up 25 minutes again.

Yeah I'm starting to get sick of The Rock showing up at Mania and eating up like half an hour when that could go to someone who's full time and deserves a match on the main card.

Imagine if it was Bray who beat The Rock in 6 seconds at Mania last year :amazed:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Ugh that Rock segment was the worst. I wasn't even close to drunk enough for that ****. Didn't he job out the Wyatts too?

He beat Rowan in 6 seconds and while he did throw a lot of praise Bray's way...yes. He completely jobbed them out. Bizarre since I think he requested to work with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad