WWE: Wrestlemania 33 Discussion, Predictions, Fantasy Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Some of these matches could save this WM tho

HHH/Rollins: has one of the best storylines going. HHH can still go in the ring and Seth is always good, should be good storytelling wise.

KO/Jericho: won't be anything special wrestling wise but again story wise should be great.

Ambrose/Corbin: If Ambrose gets what he wanted to do with Lesnar last year this could be a great street fight or extreme rules brawl.

Womens Triple Threat: Last year the women stole the show at Manai, so these 3 could have a possible MOTN

Neville/Aries: Neville has been putting on a clinic since returning and has been great. Aries has a nice package. Should be one of the better matches at Mania. PLEASE put it on the main show and give it some decent time.

Everything else... idk. Wyatt/Orton could be good too

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel like Jericho vs. Owens will let a lot of people down, even story wise. I expect nothing more than just an "okay" match but also wouldn't be surprised if it's bad.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I also don't think the Jericho/Owens match will be that good. In fact I fully anticipate the crowd will either be super low energy or mic'd poorly because WM crowds seem to always be mic'd poorly due to the amount of space they have to cover plus sound escaping so easily and it'll hurt otherwise great matches.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not expecting more than a meat and potatos good match out of Bray/Orton.

Women's match is going to take a nose dive in quality if they add Jax.

JeriKO might surprise people, but it could also just be average. Really depends.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The only matches I have truly high hopes for are Neville/Aries, Ambrose/Corbin (if it's a gimmick match), Styles/Shane (if it's a gimmick match since they'll go all out to kill each other) and Rollins/HHH.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm am very curious how the crowd reacts to Roman/Taker.

I can see a situation in the finish that despite the crowd not liking Roman retiring Taker, they don't boo that much because they don't want to boo Taker during the inevitable torch passing moment.

Next night though Roman will get buried.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The more that I think about it the more I realize that facing Taker is the worst possible situation Roman Reigns could find himself in

If he wins and retires Undertaker people will be pissed that he keeps being shoved on him whilst they actively reject him, and having him end the career of such a well respected veteran (in what will probably be a ******, boring match) will sour both the hardcore fans and the nostalgia crowd on Roman to a degree I don't think can be fixed even with the obviously much needed heel turn

Now if jobs to Taker, he's a pushover loser that can't beat a geriatric part-timer that didn't even have his streak anymore

This is such a lose-lose for Reigns, and it is baffling that WWE somehow thinks this is the way they're finally gonna get Roman over. . . by completely burying him on their grandest stage for the 3rd year in a row

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just a hypothetical card of JUST full-time talents compared to the current card (Lesnar is included since he's under a longer-term contract) -

In this hypothetical, I also wouldn't have done AJ Styles vs. John Cena at the Royal Rumble.

CURRENT CARD | FULL-TIME ONLY CARD
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt (WWE Title)|John Cena vs. AJ Styles (WWE Title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg (Universal Title)|Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor (Universal Title)
The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns|Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton (Hardcore match)
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (U.S. Title)|Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (U.S. Title)
Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose (IC Title)|Samoa Joe vs. The Miz (IC Title)
Cesaro/Sheamus vs. E&C vs. The Club (Raw Tag Titles)|Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. The Club
Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley (Raw Women's Title)|Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman
Smackdown Roster vs. Alexa Bliss (SD Women's Title)|The Revival vs. Cesaro/Sheamus (Raw Tag Titles)
Austin Aries vs. Neville (CW Title)|American Alpha vs. FaBreeze vs. Surf Dudes with Attitudes vs. The Usos (Ladder match; SD Tag Titles)
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse|Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (Raw Women's Title)
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles|Mickie James vs. Becky Lynch (SD Women's Title)
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal|Austin Aries vs. Neville (CW Title)
|Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
|Charlotte & Emma vs. Alexa Bliss & Natalya

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Club vs Sheild would be dope (6 vs 6 tho, dunno how I feel about just two members of shield)

So what should happen on this show that could save it in your opinions?

As long as

A)No stupid 30 minute Rock promo (which is being replaced by New Day this year...ugh)
B)Wyatt doesn't go 0-3 at Mania
C)Let the deserving matches get the time. HHH/Reigns got 27, Taker/Shane got 30. Was not needed. Give the CW's some solid time as well as the women and Orton/Bray. Brock/Goldberg should save some time for other matches since it will likely only be 5 minutes long.

Then it should be fine

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Asuka premiering and winning the belt. Broken Hardys showing up. KO or Finn getting involved in the Universal Title match.

Shane last second announcing Nakamura is wrestling in his place.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Asuka premiering and winning the belt. Broken Hardys showing up. KO or Finn getting involved in the Universal Title match.

Shane last second announcing Nakamura is wrestling in his place.

All good, I went with lesser expectations to ease the pain of not having any of these great moments :laugh: :sarcasm:

Would mark like crazy for Auska tho

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Club vs Sheild would be dope (6 vs 6 tho, dunno how I feel about just two members of shield)

Keep in mind that in my full-time fantasy card, The Club isn't booked like a bunch of geeks for six months and look legit against Ambrose/Rollins.

I mean, you could do the six-man tag (Club + Balor vs. Shield) and make Lesnar vs. Strowman the title match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
All good, I went with lesser expectations to ease the pain of not having any of these great moments :laugh: :sarcasm:

Would mark like crazy for Auska tho

I'm already bracing for Naomi to be the big SD women surprise...

Or they do premiere Asuka, but she is jobbed out making her just another woman because anyone can win on SD, Maggie!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looking at WWE's top Mania matches and this is another reason to be down this year.

There is no match on this card that I expect to join the lists of Taker/Shawn, Shawn/Angle, Angle/Brock, Redacted and his triple threat.

If AJ was actually wrestling a wrestler we could of had one, but odds are nothing willl belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad