Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 3 CHI @ DET

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Yeah, it seems you don't.

If someone said "I don't think the Wings have what it takes to win it all. I'd prefer them to get knocked out earlier for a better pick in this year's draft."

How is that trolling? Just because you don't agree with it? The reason they want it is for a stronger future team. Seriously, get a clue.
You are correct, that isn't a trolling statement. Lets just say there are other ways you can state what you just said in a trolling matter. As I said before, you and I know the difference so lets just cut through it and move on. :p:

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
as much as Babcock makes some confusing and irritating decisions(and make no mistake things like playing Lashoff over Colaiacovo for multiple games after Dekeyser went down are indefensibly stupid) I gotta say other than those this is a very well coached team in these Playoffs
It really seems like he's very good at actually coaching the players he's given, but he gets into trouble when you let him start to pick and choose. Right now he's mostly playing what he's got, and in doing so he really whipped them into shape.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
I have zero sympathy for the Hawks waived off goal, we've witnessed dozens and dozens of bad no-goals on Holmstrom. Great teams fight through it.
This right here.

It is my opinion that the better team always wins a 7 game series in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Yes, there are upsets, but will beats skill in many cases. Right now, the Wings are willing themselves to victory, especially in the game today. The Hawks had their chances and couldn't bury them. As a Wings fan, I am nervous about game 4 now. The Hawks know whats at stake.

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
THE FEELINGS THAT NYQUIST IS GIVING ME ARE THE SAME FEELINGS I GOT WITH DATSYUK WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER.

Also the Wings are awesome. I need to drink less when they win / lose.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Pimp-hat-psd3962.png

Mmmmmmm... grape :)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
People complain about it but Abdelkader on the top line sets a hard work precedent on the team by watching him work his bag off and hitting people out there. This team looks better now because they arent trying to beat teams with skill anymore, its hard work except for a couple of guys on the team. Abdelkader getting a lot of minutes racking up hits and digging in the corners sets the tone quite a bit

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Whoever won game 3 was going to win the series. Detroit came out ****** in the first game and Chicago came out ****** the second game. The third game was going to be about who showed their true colours (the u for all our Canadian friends). I think the kids are skating like they want it more and the veterans are absolutely feeding off their energy.

Jimmy Howard

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010
Thoughts in rapid succession:

-This game was won by Howard and the PK before the Nyquist goal. Gutsy work by Miller, Eaves and Jimmy to stonewall the Hawks before the Wings got momentum.

-Hawks 3rd Pair of Oduya-Rozsival got exposed a bit tonight. I can't be the only one who noticed Datsyuk was out there a lot against them (Babcock +matchups)

-Wings are battling really, really hard. They are generating turnovers the Hawks haven't been coughing up. That said, Chicago came early and hard and hit a few posts. This was a close game that easily could have gone the other way. Jimmy has been a difference maker.

-I expect the Wings will need to play their best game of the season to win on Thursday.

-The no goal call on goalie interference was bad. I think it was an even trade off.

-Quincey is also to blame for the Kane goal. Jumping for the puck was an unnecessary risk that gave 88 the breakaway. Solid game for him otherwise.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Horrible game management at the end by the refs caused all the scrums... Disgusting

Couldn't disagree more. The refs couldn't have handled that situation better. Chicago telegraphed their goonery and the refs kept it in check. Keith slides the net at Cleary, refs take note, catch him throwing a punch disguised as a hit. Bickell chases Cleary around all period, refs take note, catch him on cross-checks. Shaw goes full bath salts, misconduct.

What more could you have asked for? The refs made sure the two most imbalanced players were off the ice before the inevitable end of game scrum.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
This is like bizarro world.

- The Hawks put up 40 shots and score one goal. Their fans are crediting Howard's spectacular play. While he was really good, I'd argue that it's because the Hawks are playing soft hockey and not getting bodies in front of the net. Sound familiar?

- The Wings actually benefit from a goalie interference call. Horrible call, but I don't feel bad at all considering the Kane goal never should've happened.

- Speaking of Kane, I can't stand the guy. Tremendous skill, but I take Datsyuk and Zetterberg any day of the week over that chotch.

- The Wings are clearly trying to get Toews off his game and it's working. Reminds me of this thread I posted earlier in the season. I'm tired of the "intangibles" garbage. "Intangibles" is code word for Canadian. End of story. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both better.

- Abdelkader has been awesome. I apologize to Babcock.

- Aside from the diving (which seems out of character), Hossa's a stud. I wish the Wings would've found a way to keep him.

- This series is far from over but this has been an awesome run. Let's hope they can keep it going.

Last edited:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
People complain about it but Abdelkader on the top line sets a hard work precedent on the team by watching him work his bag off and hitting people out there. This team looks better now because they arent trying to beat teams with skill anymore, its hard work except for a couple of guys on the team. Abdelkader getting a lot of minutes racking up hits and digging in the corners sets the tone quite a bit

a realgud player

I think I saw Abdelkader playing in WJC. that was my first time seeing him and he was this Tasmanian devil doing everything and being such a force. I couldn't believe Wings got him and was jumping in joy because that's kinda player Wings exactly needed.

Finally he's hitting his potential it seems. He definitely performed exceptionally well tonight. playoff hockey baby! :yo:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Yimmy...continues to blossom.
Goose...he's been undeniable.
Pavel...steady hands with shot and draws.

Love seeing these guys play big boy hockey...Game 4 is going to be nasty.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Just got back from the Joe and boy was that a heck of a game! The boys didn't give an inch to the Hawks all game long and I love it. I don't know why the 2nd goal was called off but the 1st should have never even had the chance to be scored. The refs were terrible and favored the Hawks until the Wings scored even though we clearly were carrying the play. The Smith call was totally legit though, I'm just glad he got the full body on it :handclap: Hawks just completely lost their cool as the game went on, and didn't give the refs a choice but to call it.

1. Datsyuk (Huge goal, lots of good defensive play, laid the body)
2. Nyquist (That goal was epic)
3. Howie (Solid game, and made all the needed saves)

HM: The crowd was absolutely rocking tonight! Just sad we didn't get to chant *YOU GOT KRONWALLED*

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Abdelkader has been really, really good since his big hit and coming back. He just knows his role and is doing it extremely well.

His work ethic is shining bright. He goes at the puck hard every second he is on the ice, shift after shift.

3 STARS TONIGHT
1.) Howard
2.) Datsyuk
3.) Nyquist

BLACKHAWK DOWN!!!

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
This right here.

It is my opinion that the better team always wins a 7 game series in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Yes, there are upsets, but will beats skill in many cases. Right now, the Wings are willing themselves to victory, especially in the game today. The Hawks had their chances and couldn't bury them. As a Wings fan, I am nervous about game 4 now. The Hawks know whats at stake.

Why be nervous? Nervous of what exactly? Going 2-2 against the Hawks? I think 95% of Wings fans would've taken that before the series started. :laugh:

Sure, the Hawks will come out strong and compete hard, just like they did tonight. But do they have another gear though? I don't know, maybe. But honestly, they haven't shown that extra gear since they won the Cup, since they lost nearly half their team.

Regardless of what Hawks' team we see, all I care about is the Wings playing hard and smart, and Jimmy having a good game. They'll be alright if that happens.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Loving reading the Hawks board, apparently the refs gift wrapped the game for us and that unless Crosby was on their team they out played us in 2 of three periods...give me a Fing break lol. Apparently we were watching a totally different game ( I will say there were times where they took it to us but 2 of three periods give me a break. Now way we got dominate all game and got lucky with a win).

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
As pretty as the Gus and Pav's goals were the one that has me all hot and bothered is the Miller goal. Pure ****ing effort and determination by the boys on that goal. That is a playoff goal,the kind you need to win series. Bottom 6 has been fantastic,thrilled with their play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

And he does that against the best d-man getting them to back up and play a little more timid. Later on a Keith that is getting hit more than he is used to also goes up high. Gator's role on this team is really pronounced in the post-season. In the more coast regular season though it will probably be taken to task by many, although I like it. He could become a more rugged and quicker Holmstrom albeit with less puck skills where Homer was much better than he ever got credit for. Maybe that is the reason our pal Captain Bob has been in hiding lately.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Loving reading the Hawks board, apparently the refs gift wrapped the game for us and that unless Crosby was on their team they out played us in 2 of three periods...give me a Fing break lol. Apparently we were watching a totally different game ( I will say there were times where they took it to us but 2 of three periods give me a break. Now way we got dominate all game and got lucky with a win).

Thought that when the NBC honks were going on and on during the first intermission, that the Wings had played the game they wanted to until that point. During their explosion they got the lead. The Hawks are playing on the outside and they are losing puck battles routinely. At no point did I feel uncomfortable really and that isn't the mark of stealing a game like a lot of Chicago fans want to believe. The Wings played the kind of game they wanted to, Chicago continued with their style with minimal adjustments and couldn't figure out how to endanger the Wings playing that way. Coach Q needs to make adjustments or barring an exceptional night or a Wings off night the results will continue to be the same for them. We are winning in the effort category in this series and really in a big way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad