Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 3 CHI @ DET

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
really hard to pick 3 stars in a game like this. This is what's called a 'complete team effort'

perfect execution, incredible effort and sacrifice.

I have few people in mind but I wouldnt vote because everyone except maybe 1 or 2 deserves a mention

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Good Christ. I knew Millbury and co. would be focusing on the DA goal. Pathetic.
There is definitely a question there. I think it should have been a goal, but its not like the Wings haven't been boned on calls like that before. So the Hawks got boned today. Good teams don't let a single bad call or a called off goal be the difference in a 7 game series.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
God damn it, I love this team. I love it! It's one tough sunnuva***** of a machine that just. won't. die.

All hail everyone!

Howard
Nyquist
Datsyuk

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Not Smith, and not Shaw. I'll go with whatever CBC said except not Abdelkader.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
as much as Babcock makes some confusing and irritating decisions(and make no mistake things like playing Lashoff over Colaiacovo for multiple games after Dekeyser went down are indefensibly stupid) I gotta say other than those this is a very well coached team in these Playoffs

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
There were so many guys that played great tonight.

I though Colaiacovo was excellent defensively and Miller was outstanding on the PK.

Howard and Datsyuk both played great games and Nyquist continues to impress

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
God damn it, I love this team. I love it! It's one tough sunnuva***** of a machine that just. won't. die.

All hail everyone!

Howard
Nyquist
Datsyuk

Dammit, we should have done a Walking Dead avatar theme!

How can you kill that which has no life?

acetehubernoob

Jun 28, 2011
I'm 23 years old and have been watching hockey since 1997. This was the WORST officiated game I have ever seen... so grossly inconsistent throughout the game. Chicago's first shouldn't have counted, blatant boarding/check in the back on Franzen. The Shaw goal I would say should have counted. Horrible game management at the end by the refs caused all the scrums... Disgusting. But the Wings won so at the end of the day, I'm a happy guy.

crashman

Good Christ. I knew Millbury and co. would be focusing on the DA goal. Pathetic.

Great game by our boys tonight. It is so satisfying to watch some of our kids developing before our eyes.

Say what you will, that goal should have counted.

The Wings caught some breaks in this game, and Chicago caught one on the no-call on Franzen (although, I personally think he embellished the hit, which is probably why the refs let it slide).

Not trying to discredit the Wings, it was a good overall effort and I'm thrilled to see them pull it off, but I think they're going to have to be even better if they want to pull off the upset.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Great game, Gus and Pav's goals were pure works of art.
Not much to complain about but the biggest thing has got to be the PP, boy it was ugly tonight.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Abdelkader has been really, really good since his big hit and coming back. He just knows his role and is doing it extremely well.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

Great game by our boys tonight. It is so satisfying to watch some of our kids developing before our eyes.

It's amazing the bias difference between CBC and NBC. CBC spent most of the post game show talking about the Datsyuk goal. NBC (aka Blackhawks network) did nothing but complain about the hawks no goal

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Three words: Jimmy ****ing Howard

Three more words: Pavel ****ing Datsyuk

Four more words: Gustav mother****ing Nyquist mother****ers

One more word: Babcock

Summed up my thoughts nicely.

Still can't believe this is the same team we watched in the regular season. They've come a long way.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Jimmy, Pavel, Nyquist.

HM: Miller, Eaves, Kronwall and Carlo played good too. Cleary was a warrior tonight...man he took a beating.

We're up 2-1 and Babcock is doing a great job. The PP has to improve, though. Other than a few mistakes the team is hanging in there. We can win this series...just gotta keep it going. Also in my honest opinion Smith hasn't been bad. The interference call was bull and he's limiting his mistakes.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Big difference between a difference of opinion and a troll. Most people know the difference....

Yeah, it seems you don't.

If someone said "I don't think the Wings have what it takes to win it all. I'd prefer them to get knocked out earlier for a better pick in this year's draft."

How is that trolling? Just because you don't agree with it? The reason they want it is for a stronger future team. Seriously, get a clue.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Say what you will, that goal should have counted.

The Wings caught some breaks in this game, and Chicago caught one on the no-call on Franzen (although, I personally think he embellished the hit, which is probably why the refs let it slide).

Not trying to discredit the Wings, it was a good overall effort and I'm thrilled to see them pull it off, but I think they're going to have to be even better if they want to pull off the upset.

This right here.

The Hawks know that if they lose Game 4, they are going to be in trouble. They are going to come out hard and fast on Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if I see a dominating performance that I saw in game 1.

One thing is for certain. The Wings can skate with the Hawks and they can beat them. There was a lot of doom and gloom when the Wings drew the Hawks in the next round. Now, up 2-1 in the series, the Wings are in the drivers seat. Lets hope they can finish the job.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yeah, it seems you don't.

If someone said "I don't think the Wings have what it takes to win it all. I'd prefer them to get knocked out earlier for a better pick in this year's draft."

How is that trolling? Just because you don't agree with it? The reason they want it is for a stronger future team. Seriously, get a clue.

Enough with this crap, focus on the game. This is a final warning.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
Abdelkader has been really, really good since his big hit and coming back. He just knows his role and is doing it extremely well.

He's about a good quarter of our sandpaper. AND he can be on the ice without wasting space.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I have zero sympathy for the Hawks waived off goal, we've witnessed dozens and dozens of bad no-goals on Holmstrom. Great teams fight through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad