Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VAN] Nate Schmidt for 2022 3rd round pick

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You whine about the anti-Maurice squad more than I've ever seen an individual poster whine about Maurice.

I wouldn't call it whining. I would call it "making fun of" the anti-Maurice squad.

Every extended point/win Jets streak is so delicious it forces the squad to come up with more outlandish rhetoric. They are saltier than Lot's wife when the team just wins as much as they do. :D

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I mean, it was reported for days before it happened that he wasn't interested in waiving for Winnipeg and then afterwards it was reported that Stastny sold him on the city and team. Also you have a weird definition of a "factual statement". Are you saying it's a fact that it's a statement? Because I guess that's true, but we don't know whether the statement itself is factual or not. I don't have my mind made up and I'm not saying it's true one way or the other just saying what was reported and pointing out a potential reason why he could have said what he did. But hey don't let that get in the way of making a weird passive aggressive send off to your post.
Not true. You we're presenting it as a fact "he actually rejected a trade to Winnipeg" which was only an unsubstantiated rumour.

Look at Evander Kane in his time in Winnipeg he never once said he was happy or liked Winnipeg. The most positive statement from him was "I'm a Jet now". Similar to Trouba's last 2 years, he'd only go so far as saying "we're talking" about a new contract.

So, there are plenty of ways Schmidt could have avoided the question in lieu of presenting an outright lie when he wasn't even being pressed on the issue.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
You should probably have actually listened to the interview, before making up your mind.
That’s the dumbest thing to say
Would my listening to it change what he said or the context in which he said it?
My listening to it or not doesn’t change the fact that he would be stupid to tell his new teammates and fans that he didn't want to be a member of the team, so it would be in his best interest to deflect.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I wouldn't call it whining. I would call it "making fun of" the anti-Maurice squad.

Every extended point/win Jets streak is so delicious it forces the squad to come up with more outlandish rhetoric. They are saltier than Lot's wife when the team just wins as much as they do. :D
Imagine being wrong as often as you are and being so proud of it lol.

Reactions: thai jet

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
That’s the dumbest thing to say
Would my listening to it change what he said or the context in which he said it?
My listening to it or not doesn’t change the fact that he would be stupid to tell his new teammates and fans that he didn't want to be a member of the team, so it would be in his best interest to deflect.
Actually, your statement is incredibly ignorant. You're saying you don't need to know or hear what the person said in order to pass judgement on them and you can call Schmidt a liar without even knowing what the statement was or understanding the context, because you of course know what he meant without hearing it. Wow.

As I said above, there are plenty of things a player can do to dodge a question he doesn't want to answer instead of lying outright to an interviewer. Hockey players are kings of the cliche.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Imagine being wrong as often as you are and being so proud of it lol.

Nice generalized statement. Happy to entertain three things that I was wrong on.

This is the point where you disappear and don't respond or don't provide examples. ;)

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
He did say that he asked for a day or two to think about it and called a few friends to find our more about the situation in Winnipeg.

Yeah, anyone with a family has the right to do so. It’s his 3rd city in three years. When you’ve got a no movement clause, those are family decisions, not just a decision you make on a whim.

Reactions: pictman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4