Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VAN] Jordie Benn for 2021 6th round pick

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't see the purpose of this trade or the point for that matter. Random trade, but other than that I think he plays on the bottom or just joins the taxi squad. But he had a NTC.

HF needs to worry about their crashes, this one was brutal.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Meh, price was right for some insurance, the real upgrades will be Samberg in for Forbort and Heinola in for Poolman?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Benn's not awful, adds a little leadership and grit, and if he's a 7/8 D, he's good insurance incase of injuries. Don't play him as an anchor for a line like Green did though.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I don't see the purpose of this trade or the point for that matter. Random trade, but other than that I think he plays on the bottom or just joins the taxi squad. But he had a NTC.

HF needs to worry about their crashes, this one was brutal.
Trade just to say they made a trade. Jets had a real good shot here but the leafs are now clear front runners.here. missed opportunity by the Jets and it will cost em

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Chevy needs to be fired.

You get a gift wrapped path to the conference finals and you're scared to give up a 1st in a garbage draft???

Gutless

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I agree. He's not that bad, definitely a nice body to have as collateral for the playoffs.

He even occasionally has a smart offensive play.

Trading just Benn seems like a waste though, Virtanen, Hamonic (to you guys), Sutter and a few others should have gotten something.

Ah well, got Jets for the playoffs, I can say I have an official stake now.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Trading just Benn seems like a waste though, Virtanen, Hamonic (to you guys), Sutter and a few others should have gotten something.

Don't worry, the Canucks will finally win a draft lottery this year. You have my blessing. Also because I'm getting sick of my friends screaming in agony in my basement every year.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Don't worry, the Canucks will finally win a draft lottery this year. You have my blessing. Also because I'm getting sick of my friends screaming in agony in my basement every year.

Well, in that case, this year wasn't a total write off!

Nah, it still sucked to see the team regress like this.

The 6th round pick is better then what we got for Gaudette though, so...positivity?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Don't worry, the Canucks will finally win a draft lottery this year. You have my blessing.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Chevy needs to be fired.

You get a gift wrapped path to the conference finals and you're scared to give up a 1st in a garbage draft???

Gutless

Not that I disagree about the draft, but who would you have used the first on? Hall? Mantha? Foligno?

They already got Dubois for the scratched Laine and....ok Roslovic is doing well, but wasn't about to do that in Winnipeg.

A great D could have been worth it, but more forwards, especially big, heavy players or top notch scorers (if Hall rebounds) aren't what the Jets needed.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Chevy needs to be fired.

Gutless
Jets can’t just keep giving up first rounders for rentals. Can’t sign free agents and having players refuse trades messes things up. Gotta keep the farm going to to get quality players.
Also I’d be surprised if he didn’t offer a first for Manson. If it was a first for Savard I’m happy he didn’t do it.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Jets can’t just keep giving up first rounders for rentals. Can’t sign free agents and having players refuse trades messes things up. Gotta keep the farm going to to get quality players.
Also I’d be surprised if he didn’t offer a first for Manson. If it was a first for Savard I’m happy he didn’t do it.

What are they waiting for? Wheeler to be old and washed up? Dubois' contract to expire? To get back in a division with Colorado, Vegas and St Louis?

They've blown so many opportunities to win. God forbid they might have traded the pick they used to draft Logan Stanley! Heck, they might even have beat Vegas in the semis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad