Confirmed Trade: [WPG/NJD] Tyler Toffoli (50% retained) for 2025 2nd round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Sounds like that says more about Calgary than Sharangovich.

Ownership doesn't want to get in the trap of tanking for high draft picks and then realizing years down the line they don't know how to win

So ya, we are unlikely to get elite players anytime soon

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
so the devils traded Toffoli in order to pick up a goaltender worse than the ones they've already got?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Love this for the Peg. Between Monahan and Toff they add over .50 GPG and get a Canuck killer in Tofolli. Love that they are going for it, team may never be better then now, and with that Goaltending, a top 4 team IMO. They are going to be dangerous.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Winnipeg gets stronger for the playoffs. I wasn't expecting this.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Toffoli's NA tour continues
Dates now in Winnipeg

Kind of feel for the guy, never seems to be able to stick anywhere since he moved on from LA. He seems to always play reasonably well wherever he goes too. Maybe he's got bad breath or something.
Not really a terrible price for some rental scoring depth for WPG and a decent recoup of some assets from NJ.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Well they are ahead of us in the standings. He's a very good young-ish player that we moved on from because we needed an old slow guy to hold us back.

I think that even if Toffoli has held the Devils back, I feel like the issues plaguing the Devils this season are more significant and severe than Toffoli vs Sharangovich...

Reactions: Puckclektr

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The thing is, it turns out Sharangovich is worth more than just a second.
he wasn't worth that when the devils traded him and he might wouldn't have gotten the chance to umprove his value in new jersey.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
I’ll give that he’s a good fit and seems to be working out, so far, but a 1st and a 3rd is an over pay for him.
The 3rd is only if the Jets win the Stanley Cup.
If the Jets end up paying the 3rd I'll be happier then a pig in Sh!t.
What About you?
Will you still think the Jets over paid if they end up winning the cup?

True…but I have zero faith in our RD or D depth and don’t think we get past VGK or COL
Vegas?
The only way we meet them is in the 3rd round. BTW I think the team to beat for the Jets to make it to the final is Dallas not Col, Van, Edm or VGK. I'd match the Jets with against any of those team but Dallas is the one team I have major doubts the Jets can beat.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Toffoli's NA tour continues
Dates now in Winnipeg

Kind of feel for the guy, never seems to be able to stick anywhere since he moved on from LA. He seems to always play reasonably well wherever he goes too. Maybe he's got bad breath or something.
Not really a terrible price for some rental scoring depth for WPG and a decent recoup of some assets from NJ.
Thats why most good players demand a NMC in their contracts. If you dont and you are in demand this is what you get.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The 3rd is only if the Jets win the Stanley Cup.
If the Jets end up paying the 3rd I'll be happier then a pig in Sh!t.
What About you?
Will you still think the Jets over paid if they end up winning the cup?

Vegas?
The only way we meet them is in the 3rd round.
Jets could play Vegas in the 1st round if they end up in a wild card spot and Jets win the Central or the Conference

Reactions: hn777 and Deno

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Jets could play Vegas in the 1st round if they end up in a wild card spot and Jets win the Central or the Conference
I get that but I think the odds are quit low of that happening. I know Vegas is not playing well right now but this is the time to have their slump. I expect them to easily make 3rd in the Pacific and maybe even the 2nd spot is not out of reach. I would not be surprise if the Knights are the team to come out of the Pacific for the WCF.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I get that but I think the odds are quit low of that happening. I know Vegas is not playing well right now but this is the time to have their slump. I expect them to easily make 3rd in the Pacific and maybe even the 2nd spot is not out of reach. I would not be surprise if the Knights are the team to come out of the Pacific for the WCF.
But you said ‘the only way we can play Vegas is in the third round’ when that in fact is not the ‘only’ way. Your scenario sure has a lot of what ifs attached to it. I would say as of right now, its more like 30/70 that the Jets could face them. Far from zero chance as you claim

Reactions: hn777 and Deno

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Toffoli (aka Top Titty) will fit right in with how Bowness wants his team to play. Sutter molded Toffoli and eventually loved him. He's smart enough to kill penalties on top of his great nose for the net.
I have no doubt that Bowness signed off on Toffoli before Chevy pulled the trigger for him. Bowness is big on team chemistry. He absolutely does not want any player no matter how talented to be in the room if he is a cancer to the team chemistry.

But you said ‘the only way we can play Vegas is in the third round’ when that in fact is not the ‘only’ way. Your scenario sure has a lot of what ifs attached to it. I would say as of right now, its more like 30/70 that the Jets could face them. Far from zero chance as you claim
Fair enough.
I did say that.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I have no doubt that Bowness signed off on Toffoli before Chevy pulled the trigger for him. Bowness is big on team chemistry. He absolutely does not want any player no matter how talented to be in the room if he is a cancer to the team chemistry.

Fair enough.
I did say that.
Personally, I’m really rooting for Calgary to keep pushing and Vegas to continue to flounder and miss the playoffs entirely.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Personally, I’m really rooting for Calgary to keep pushing and Vegas to continue to flounder and miss the playoffs entirely.
LOL!
I'm the opposite. If the Jets can make it to the WCF I am hopping they meet the Knight. I want to see them beat them in the PO's and get that monkey off their backs. Also beating the current SC champion would be a great boost to the team going into the final.

Last edited:

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
You forgot Perfetti as well.
Right now Perfetti has played himself off the team. He will only get back in on a injury in the top 6. I doubt he comes back in if there is an injury to the bottom 6. The Jets are clearly going for it all this year. Grooming Perfetti to be a great top 6 player that I still believe he will become is secondary to a cup run.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
LOL!
I'm the opposite. If the Jets can make it to the WCF I am hopping they meet the Knight. I want to see them beat them in the PO's and get that monkey off their backs. Also beating the current SC champion would be a great boost to the team going into the final.
It would be yes, I just have an unhealthy hatred for Knights and it's only compounded by the way they always seems to get whoever they want, cap implications be damned. Having the Jets beat them though would be amazing. I just dont think I could handle losing to them again, especially in the Conference Finals. It may break me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad