Confirmed Trade: [WPG/NJD] Tyler Toffoli (50% retained) for 2025 2nd round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I thought their top 9 was set. Perfetti (career 0.5 ppg player) already on the 4th line.

I guess depth never hurts, but giving up a 2nd and a 3rd doubling down on a position of strength seems odd to me.

Unless they particularly want his shot for the PP or something?
Perfetti has kinda fallen out of favor of late. He's been a ghost for 2 months. He's been playing on the 4th line recently and may find himself in the pressbox once Vilardi is healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
With the returns Calgary has been getting…lol

Don't get this. Conroy is looking like a genius for selling off his assets early. The trade deadline market is bad. Montreal and Calgary got great returns for moving Lindholm and Monahan when they did. Hanifin was clearly holding up his trade. A 1st in the 2025 draft and likely a 2nd round pick is looking solid.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
The acquisition of a proven goal-scoring veteran, even if it requires the expenditure of draft picks in the second and third rounds, is a worthwhile investment for the Jets cup run. I anticipate significant contributions from TT down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Which is bad asset management.

Calgary has done very well. Not sure what you're talking about.
Yes, slightly. He’s scoring at a ~.10 higher rate than ‘21-22, and as I mentioned on higher usage than he ever/would have got on NJ and finishing at an unsustainable 19%. Sounds like you never watched him in Jersey.

And you didn’t answer the question. How much more than a 2nd do you rate his value?
Whenever you’re ready.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Yes, slightly. He’s scoring at a ~.10 higher rate than ‘21-22, and as I mentioned on higher usage than he ever/would have got on NJ and finishing at an unsustainable 19%. Sounds like you never watched him in Jersey.

And you didn’t answer the question. How much more than a 2nd do you rate his value?
A hell of a lot more than a 3rd.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Here's a breakdown of how the trade went.

hat-monopoly-rich-uncle-pennybags-bankruptcy-corporate-bankruptcy-debt-law-game-png-clipart.jpg

taxes.jpg

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Now you’re backpedaling from the baseline? lol

You said he was worth more than a second. How much more? Should be a pretty easy answer given this entire exercise was an assessment value you made, saying a second was so outlandish. Don’t understand why you can’t just follow through to the logical conclusion.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

I'd want a first in the 20th-25th spot minimum

Guys breaking out and still has another year to prove that it's not all a fluke. I don't care if it's some weird chemistry that he has with Huberdeau that he wouldn't have on any other team. Calgary would be silly to change anything for less than that.

I'd extend him this summer even if he'd take a bit of a discount.

Reactions: Haatley

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
WPG wins the trade deadline easily.

Monahan + Toffoli (both 50% retained)
For
1st, 2nd, 3rd is pretty reasonable
While simultaneously becoming the slowest team in the league.

Now you’re backpedaling from the baseline? lol

You said he was worth more than a second. How much more? Should be a pretty easy answer given this entire exercise was an assessment value you made, saying a second was so outlandish. Don’t understand why you can’t just follow through to the logical conclusion.
Back pedaling? You asked how much more than a 2nd. I said a hell of a lot more than a 3rd. Meaning a 3rd isn't near enough ON TOP of the 2nd. You can't even follow your own questions.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'd want a first in the 20th-25th spot minimum

Guys breaking out and still has another year to prove that it's not all a fluke. I don't care if it's some weird chemistry that he has with Huberdeau that he wouldn't have on any other team. Calgary would be silly to change anything for less than that.
I don’t think there’s a team in the league giving up a 1st for him.

Sure, let’s see where he is next season. Having watched him Jersey, I’m not seeing this crazy leap in growth. Guy is averaging a full minute more of PP TOI a game and finishing at likely unsustainable rate this year. He’s kinda the guy he’s always been - streaky scorer that can PK.
While simultaneously becoming the slowest team in the league.

Back pedaling? You asked how much more than a 2nd. I said a hell of a lot more than a 3rd. Meaning a 3rd isn't near enough ON TOP of the 2nd. You can't even follow your own questions.
That’s the delta? A freaking 3rd on top of a second? Wow, you’re right, he really is a completely different player.

Love how you can’t even give a straight answer. Just a bunch of weasel words like “a hell of a lot more” lol. How MUCH more bud?

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Playoffs are a completely different beast than regular season… VGK and COL come alive in the playoffs
There's a reason that teams repeating as Cup winners is so rare. It's sort of crazy to think that VGK are a favourite this season because they won last season. Bottom line is that Vegas simply isn't very good this year, and all the Stanley Cup rings in the world won't change that.
I will grant you that the Jets historically play lousy against Vegas, but they also play lousy against the Habs and Leafs, and no one in their right minds think the Habs and Leafs are Cup favourites.
Dallas. Dallas scares me, as a Jets fan.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm crossing my fingers unrealistically hoping that Colin White gets traded for Connor McDavid. This is fun.
You can go ahead and do that, and nobody would accuse you of expecting to get McDavid for White.

I still find it funny you thought I expected Brad Lambert to be part of the return. Reading isn't that hard.

• Haha
Reactions: The Great Weal

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Sure, let’s see where he is next season. Having watched him Jersey, I’m not seeing this crazy leap in growth. Guy is averaging a full minute more of PP TOI a game and finishing at likely unsustainable rate this year. He’s kinda the guy he’s always been - streaky scorer that can PK.

That’s the delta? A freaking 3rd on top of a second? Wow, you’re right, he really is a completely different player.

Love how you can’t even give a straight answer. Just a bunch of weasel words like “a hell of a lot more” lol. How MUCH more bud?

That's fine, there's no way Calgary is trading him either. That's found gold, why would you risk it for a draft pick?

Guys just getting open and finishing. Lindholm couldn't do that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Sharangovich has been one of Calgary's best players this year. That was a disaster of a trade and just another example of Fitzgerald making terrible asset management decisions.

Reactions: CF84

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

Thats the Toffoli trade. lol. Follow the bouncing ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad