Proposal: WPG - MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Or KK busts or is just a decent 3rd line player. I would say either is just as likely as KK becoming a legit 1C or consistent 60 point player.
i mean, he put up 35 points as an 18 year old, that’s 3rd line C production. Granted he went through his sophomore slump, do you not think it is viable to assume he ends up a 50-60 point players 3-4 years from now?

your own Marc Scheifele put up 35 points in his first year as a 20 year old. He’s putting up 90 now. Do you see how your dismissal of Kotkaniemi seems unfair?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Not an awful proposal, but Winnipeg really needs that 2C to activate Ehlers and Laine. Even though Ehlers is on a sweet contract, we have cap space to be able to make a move without trading major assets. Kudos for making a proposal that actually considers both teams' needs, though.

It would be very cool if OP considered Montreal’s need. Domi, Tatar, Drouin, Lehkonen and Byron are all LW. Our strongest position is LW. We’re lacking High end talent at C and Kotkaniemi and Suzuki are going to fill that long term.

I’m still confused as to how this proposal take into consideration our needs

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Not an awful proposal, but Winnipeg really needs that 2C to activate Ehlers and Laine. Even though Ehlers is on a sweet contract, we have cap space to be able to make a move without trading major assets. Kudos for making a proposal that actually considers both teams' needs, though.
Could Domi fill that need ?
Domi + B Prospect
For
Ehlers + B.Little

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
It would be very cool if OP considered Montreal’s need. Domi, Tatar, Drouin, Lehkonen and Byron are all LW. Our strongest position is LW. We’re lacking High end talent at C and Kotkaniemi and Suzuki are going to fill that long term.

I’m still confused as to how this proposal take into consideration our needs
in an ideal world, i’d trade both Drouin (i don’t think he’ll ever pan out in MTL) and Tatar (who’s value is at an all time high) and run Ehlers as my #1 LW & Domi as my #2 LW. I see habs drafting rossi or perfetti in the upcoming draft and running with Suzuki - #8 overall - Danault in the middle!

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
in an ideal world, i’d trade both Drouin (i don’t think he’ll ever pan out in MTL) and Tatar (who’s value is at an all time high) and run Ehlers as my #1 LW & Domi as my #2 LW. I see habs drafting rossi or perfetti in the upcoming draft and running with Suzuki - #8 overall - Danault in the middle!

How about we run Kotkaniemi - Suzuki - Danault at C and use our deep prospect pool and roster depth to fill a big need at LHD instead?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
i mean, he put up 35 points as an 18 year old, that’s 3rd line C production. Granted he went through his sophomore slump, do you not think it is viable to assume he ends up a 50-60 point players 3-4 years from now?

your own Marc Scheifele put up 35 points in his first year as a 20 year old. He’s putting up 90 now. Do you see how your dismissal of Kotkaniemi seems unfair?
No, that's not a fair assumption at all. In what world can you make that assumption on any player? Nevermind one coming off such a bad season. KK was a reach from day 1. He was never a top of the draft pedigree, cant miss type prospect. That not to say he cant end up being the player you say but coming off the season he just had you absolutely cant just make an assumption that he is guaranteed to be a 60 point C.

Really? You want to Cherry pick players? Can I find a player who had a decent 1st season then had a nothing career that you would agree to assume KK to have a similar career to? Probably not. Kk is his own man and will be the player he will be.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

In the OP you say kotka could be the perfect 2C (which ignores he easily has 1C upside, but whatever), we aren't going to trade low on him because we *might* draft a centre soon. Does the new one even get to turn 19 before he's called a bust and we offload him? Maybe let's just be patient with kotka.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
No, that's not a fair assumption at all. In what world can you make that assumption on any player? Nevermind one coming off such a bad season. KK was a reach from day 1. He was never a top of the draft pedigree, cant miss type prospect. That not to say he cant end up being the player you say but coming off the season he just had you absolutely cant just make an assumption that he is guaranteed to be a 60 point C.

Really? You want to Cherry pick players? Can I find a player who had a decent 1st season then had a nothing career that you would agree to assume KK to have a similar career to? Probably not. Kk is his own man and will be the player he will be.

Considering you said he wasn't even worth being called a magic bean I don't think anyone really cares what you think about what player he will be.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Some hurt feelings in this thread. Lock it up.

None whatsoever. We’ve been looking for a young, highly skilled C for decades and we’ve found two that could actually fit the bill for the next decade.

Winnipeg can go fish a young C elsewhere, I couldn’t care less but Montreal’s aren’t moving theirs

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
None whatsoever. We’ve been looking for a young, highly skilled C for decades and we’ve found two that could actually fit the bill for the next decade.

Winnipeg can go fish a young C elsewhere, I couldn’t care less but
Montreal’s aren’t moving theirs

I like kk a lot. I'm pretty sure the op is a montreal fan and he's after Ehlers. So it's not the jets fishing for a young center.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
With the value you place on sub 6 foot 40-50 point players that wear the Red, Blue and White I though you would love this trade.

Can you please clarify this part? Montreal doesn’t actually have a sub 6 foot 40 points center who’s declining hard and fast and still have 4 years left on his deal, which ends when he’s 36 years old.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Considering you said he wasn't even worth being called a magic bean I don't think anyone really cares what you think about what player he will be.
A Hope I didnt make you feel too bad
Do you need a hug? Maybe I can lie to you and say " yes, the Jets wouldn't be stupid at all to trade an established player on a good contract for a kid who has proved absolutely nothing".

Feel better?

Reactions: QuietContrarian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad