Proposal: [WPG/MTL] (Deadline)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To Montreal: Jack Roslovic, Shawn Matthias (cap dump), Brendan Lemieux, conditional pick (1st if Jets reach WCF, 2nd if Jets qualify for playoffs, 3rd if they miss).

To Winnipeg: Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec (at 3M).

Is this realistic or I'm asking too much as a Habs fan?

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
As a fan of both teams, I feel like this is pretty close to fair deadline value.

Pacioretty for Roslovic and Lemieux
Plekanec retained for Pick and Matthias.

Jets have a lot of capspace, however if they feel the value is slightly tilted we could retain half on Pacioretty as well.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
As a fan of both teams, I feel like this is pretty close to fair deadline value.

Pacioretty for Roslovic and Lemieux
Plekanec retained for Pick and Matthias.

Jets have a lot of capspace, however if they feel the value is slightly tilted we could retain half on Pacioretty as well.

Thanks I think were good right now who do we take out to play those two.

You can have Mathias for free

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Winnipeg doesn't need another winger. They have Kyle Connor, Nikolaj Ehlers, Blake Wheeler and Patrik Laine as their Top 6 Wingers. They even have a solid Bottom 6 lineup, with the likes of Matt Perreault and Joel Armia on the wings. Winnipeg would likely have no reason to do this trade. They need Roslovic for when Little slows down.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Winnipeg politely declines. I think the value is quite good, but there are clear flaws in this one.

If there is a position at which we definitely do not need help, it is LW. Moreover, Patches is locked up for another year, no? Considering our cap situation, that is an enormous no.

I'm not totally opposed to adding Plekanec at half, but if that costs us anything more than a mid round pick, I'm not paying that price.

For Montreal, I see why they would make this deal, although I think they'd rather want picks/younger prospects.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Winnipeg doesn't need another winger. They have Kyle Connor, Nikolaj Ehlers, Blake Wheeler and Patrik Laine as their Top 6 Wingers. They even have a solid Bottom 6 lineup, with the likes of Matt Perreault and Joel Armia on the wings. Winnipeg would likely have no reason to do this trade. They need Roslovic for when Little slows down.

The Jets would be better off replacing Connor with Pacioretty. Shuffle Connor down to the 3rd line, replacing Copp or Tanev.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Winnipeg politely declines. I think the value is quite good, but there are clear flaws in this one.

If there is a position at which we definitely do not need help, it is LW. Moreover, Patches is locked up for another year, no? Considering our cap situation, that is an enormous no.

I'm not totally opposed to adding Plekanec at half, but if that costs us anything more than a mid round pick, I'm not paying that price.

For Montreal, I see why they would make this deal, although I think they'd rather want picks/younger prospects.

He'd be a great addition to your top line! He's getting paid 2.25 million if we retained half on him with his extra year. Definitely not a backbreaker.
Also not saying injuries will happen for sure, but you never know what the healthy roster will look like come the deadline/playoffs

Reactions: Chris Cutter

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i think WPG passes. MaxPac is good but WPG is stacked on the wings with nearly everyone of their top 6 wingers having better seasons than MaxPac. MP85 is a quality player to and he's in the bottom 6, just no room. Roslovic is extremely important for the organization with the surprising sudden decline in Little's play.
I can see a low-end TDL deal for a middle 6 C, though.

Reactions: Huffer

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
i think WPG passes. MaxPac is good but WPG is stacked on the wings with nearly everyone of their top 6 wingers having better seasons than MaxPac. MP85 is a quality player to and he's in the bottom 6, just no room. Roslovic is extremely important for the organization with the surprising sudden decline in Little's play.
I can see a low-end TDL deal for a middle 6 C, though.
We have five wingers outscoring Patches, so... yeah. It is not worth it to give up three cost controlled pieces to not even patch a hole.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Jets lineup is already crowded at forward. I’d much rather have a pool of young cost controlled players available over the next couple years than a high priced forward we can’t afford to keep once Laine, Morrissey and Trouba need to be paid.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We have five wingers outscoring Patches, so... yeah. It is not worth it to give up three cost controlled pieces to not even patch a hole.
Yup. No reason to spend a high end asset on more wingers. He might be a marginal upgrade for us but doesn't fill a glaring whole.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yup. No reason to spend a high end asset on more wingers. He might be a marginal upgrade for us but doesn't fill a glaring whole.
More than a marginal one; Patches is a very good player. The point still stands, though.
Fair enough, I had not taken into consideration your depth on the left side when making the proposal.
No worries. The value was good, and I do believe a package of that nature would be reasonable, should Patches be dealt this deadline (see Yandle trade for another example). The Jets are just not the team to trade him to.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He'd be a great addition to your top line! He's getting paid 2.25 million if we retained half on him with his extra year. Definitely not a backbreaker.
Also not saying injuries will happen for sure, but you never know what the healthy roster will look like come the deadline/playoffs

Maybe if we got him for free. Not giving up 2 good young prospects for him. Assuming he is extended he maybe only has 3-4-5 good years left in him. Those 2 prospects have 10-12 ..... each. No thanks. LW is the last thing on Jets priority list. Dead last.

Give you Matthias and a 3rd for Plekanec. Not enough? Don't care, he might be worth more to some other team.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Maybe if we got him for free. Not giving up 2 good young prospects for him. Assuming he is extended he maybe only has 3-4-5 good years left in him. Those 2 prospects have 10-12 ..... each. No thanks. LW is the last thing on Jets priority list. Dead last.

Give you Matthias and a 3rd for Plekanec. Not enough? Don't care, he might be worth more to some other team.
You hope they play that long in the NHL. Neither of them has proven anything.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Can we get just Plekanec for a draft pick :D

Jets will need Roslovic more than people realize. Possibly even next year.

Plekanec could actually be a really good piece for us in bottom six. Hendricks has been good for what he is but if Plekanec isnt a fossil at this stage, he'd be a good upgrade?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You hope they play that long in the NHL. Neither of them has proven anything.

Of course nothing is guaranteed but that is how they are projecting right now.

You are still trying to sell us something we just plain don't need and wanting a high price for it. Patches would be an upgrade - not a huge one. Not worth anywhere near what you are asking - to us. Sell him to someone who needs a top 6 LW.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Easy no from the Jets, Max offers us absolutely nothing. Literally he might be our 4th line LW......our current top 9 are out producing him and that includes MP who has been injured. I would give up anything for Max, not giving up any futures for a guy who isn't even a clear top 9 LW on our team. Easy no thx from the Jets, not in a million years do we give up the OP offer.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Easy no from the Jets, Max offers us absolutely nothing. Literally he might be our 4th line LW......our current top 9 are out producing him and that includes MP who has been injured. I would give up anything for Max, not giving up any futures for a guy who isn't even a clear top 9 LW on our team. Easy no thx from the Jets, not in a million years do we give up the OP offer.
Pacioretty, who admitedly is having a subpar year, is definitely an upgrade on both Perreault and Connor regardless of what you think. Look at his stats in the last five years, the dude is an elite scorer. He hasn't magically declined at his age especially when he hasn't suffered any major injuries recently.

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Patches is a great player but it would be a no from the the Jets. LW is probably our strongest position. We have Ehlers, Connor and MP there and Laine can move over to the left side as well if need be. Patches is a luxury we don't need. Plekanec is someone we might be after come the TD to play center in our bottom 6 but we wouldn't give up much for him. Roslovic is someone we really need to hang onto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad