Waived: [WPG] F Axel Jonsson-Fjallby waived by the Jets (cleared)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
My guess is he's claimed by Pittsburgh or New Jersey. Unless Edmonton media claims we're interested in submitting a claim. In that case I'd expected the Flames.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd like him in Ottawa as LW4. Part of that desire is because I'd like him in camp next year, even if he just ends up getting waived before the new season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's been a bit shocking how bad Johansson's been. I honestly thought Colorado was a good destination for him.
I mean lots of people thought he might be useful in a more limited role, but its not that shocking that he's not been great. He was pretty meh already, and that was before the injury at the end of last season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If the Leafs put in a claim, he can run cover for Bertuzzi, for a good 2-3 weeks, until half the fans figure out Bertuzzi cut his hair off. They’ll just see the hair and boo the wrong guy for awhile.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He can whip the puck pretty good when he gets the chance as well.

It's a weird narrative that he doesn't have any offense. Last season he scored at the 4th highest rate on the team, this year he's scoring at the 8th highest rate, ahead of Scheifele, Iafallo, Lowry, Namestnikov.

That's not to say his offense would scale the same with more ice time, but given his opportunities he's actually produced well.
He has no offense. You’re playing with small samples and coming to small sample conclusions.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If the Leafs put in a claim, he can run cover for Bertuzzi, for a good 2-3 weeks, until half the fans figure out Bertuzzi cut his hair off. They’ll just see the hair and boo the wrong guy for awhile.

It would never work. Bertuzzi vs. AJF is like a before and after ad for hair care products. They'd notice the lack of stringy, lank, unwashed locks right away.

Reactions: Petes2424
Nov 24, 2006
It would never work. Bertuzzi vs. AJF is like a before and after ad for hair care products. They'd notice the lack of stringy, lank, unwashed locks right away.
How it started

IMG_0713.jpeg

How it’s going

IMG_0712.png

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
He has no offense. You’re playing with small samples and coming to small sample conclusions.
Actually, in 76 GP and a total TOI 674:49 at 5v5 this and last season, he has scored goals at a higher rate than guys like Perfetti, Lowry, Appleton, Wheeler, Namestnikov, Iafallo, and Kupari.
And this is done from the fourth line with primarily defensive zone starts, and low level quality of linemates.

He is absolutely a capable NHL'er and not without offensive prowess.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad