Waived: [WPG] F Axel Jonsson-Fjallby waived by the Jets (cleared)

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Great team guy, and one of the fastest players in the league who is a relentless forechecker. Too bad his hands were made of stone. I hope he clears but with that said he would be a good addition for a team in need of some hustle.
He's not clearing

Reactions: hn777

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Caps should pick him back up. Especially if they're looking to move Mantha, Pacioretty and Aube-Kubel who are all UFA wingers.

Reactions: ChrisProngersEYE

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Great team guy, and one of the fastest players in the league who is a relentless forechecker. Too bad his hands were made of stone. I hope he clears but with that said he would be a good addition for a team in need of some hustle.
How is his play around the net? I could see the Oilers putting a claim.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I'm glad he's gone! Now I can go back to being the best-looking guy in Winnipeg.

axel.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's also been claimed before so I wouldn't be shocked if he was claimed again.

Three times IIRC - Buffalo from Washington, Washington back from Buffalo, then Winnipeg from Washington.

It would be amusing if he winds up claimed and it's again the Caps.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
How is his play around the net? I could see the Oilers putting a claim.
Every once in a while a puck may hit him and go in. He may have had one deflection goal at some point with the Jets

His strength is straight line speed... getting a puck behind defenders and beating them to it, starting a cycle, etc

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Great forecheck and causes turnovers. Not much else. Weird but effective skater. Offensively a dude. Defensively average at best. Some team could use him though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's a heck of a speedster and forechecker, but his upside is just so tragically limited because that's pretty much all he's got going for him. Just absolutely nothing offensively. lol.

I think that probably sees him clear. But you never know. Especially this time of year, when teams might be looking for warm bodies to backfill as they ship deadline guys out.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Avs will take him. He can't be worse than Johansson. I'm not even joking. I wish I was.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Every once in a while a puck may hit him and go in. He may have had one deflection goal at some point with the Jets

His strength is straight line speed... getting a puck behind defenders and beating them to it, starting a cycle, etc
He can whip the puck pretty good when he gets the chance as well.

It's a weird narrative that he doesn't have any offense. Last season he scored at the 4th highest rate on the team, this year he's scoring at the 8th highest rate, ahead of Scheifele, Iafallo, Lowry, Namestnikov.

That's not to say his offense would scale the same with more ice time, but given his opportunities he's actually produced well.

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He's gotta be better than the fodder in Chicago, I don't see why they pass on him this time. Love his hustle, forecheck and jealous of the flow, he's definitely an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad