Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Adam Lowry ($1.125M) and Joel Armia ($985K), 2 year contracts

Noldo

May 28, 2007
My Finnish glasses may distort my view, but unless Jets do something stupid at Expansion Draft, I could very well see Las Vegas choose Arnia with expectation that in TOP-6 role (which he could get in the expansion team) he would have major upside.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Dano also didn't get sentenced to the 4th line.
Unless there is an injury I can't see Dano with the Jets next year. Nothing to do with tallent or his play, but he doesn't need wavers while Armia and Lowry do. With the logjam the Jets have, at least 2 of the players that don't require wavers end up on the Moose. That means 2 of Laine, Connor, Copp and Dano go down and it's not going to be Laine.

My Finnish glasses may distort my view, but unless Jets do something stupid at Expansion Draft, I could very well see Las Vegas choose Arnia with expectation that in TOP-6 role (which he could get in the expansion team) he would have major upside.

The way it's shaping up, the Jets will likely lose one of Armia, Dano, Lowry, Burmistrov.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Both guys overrated by Jets fans. Armia has shown some flashes but is inconsistent. Never saw anything in Lowry but for some reason Jets fans always have loved him.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Both guys overrated by Jets fans. Armia has shown some flashes but is inconsistent. Never saw anything in Lowry but for some reason Jets fans always have loved him.

We'll we don't expect him to be Scheifele.
but a solid 3rd line C, with nastiness will do. bordering on number 2 C on 1-2 of his peak years.
He did really well on his first year, but a bit bad on the first half of this last year. IMO due to placement he was put on.
Coaches thought he would follow through after his showing against the Ducks during that playoff year.

I don't think that expectation is high, but reasonable.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

He was hyped 2 seasons ago in his rookie season because he looked really good. After last season, expectations are tempered somewhat. He needs to show more offensive abilities to be anything more than a 4C, and even then, he may just be better served as a winger who can crash and cycle down low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad