Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Adam Lowry ($1.125M) and Joel Armia ($985K), 2 year contracts

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
About right, also looks like their signings will guarantee that we have enough forwards to expose in the expansion draft. Love it.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Bargains. I thought these would cost 1.2-1.5m per year.

Armia will not magically become a 30-30 type top 6 winger at this point, he only has shown bottom six results and likely has reached his offensive peak.

But from the Jets point of view more years would have been better at this low AAV as if he still develops his (highly underrated) defensive game I could see him as a 3 million third liner in the future. Maybe even on the second year of this contract.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
What in the world has Armia done to deserve that?

Hes lucky to be getting nearly a million dollars.

After a rough start he got better and better throughout the year and even had a few moments of brilliance. Hopefully he will continue to improve now that he is finally being given the chance. Not saying he's going to be a top 6er or anything but... check this out!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

He played well on the defensive side of the game and showed high skill when played with good players (during team injury stretch). His size allows him to shelter the puck and he has hands.

Players need to be exposed for the draft and he still has a chance to develop into something with the right opportunity.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg

Armia was solid last year up until his injury towards the end of the season. He's learning to use his size more and has good skill. I think it's a great signing. He has potential to be a solid 3rd liner- 2nd line tweener.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
[/B]
Is he? I've heard far more praise than criticism from the media.

Where do Jets fans see Lowry this season. Does he have a shot at the 3rd line?

Well, that's hard to say. Our bottom 6 has way too many options to know for sure how it'll play out. I will say Maurice definitely seems to have time for Lowry, so he'll get his chances. No idea how good he'll be this year, but in his first year he looked like an amazing 3C. Not last year though. Needs to work on his quickness if he wants to be a 3rd liner, I think. He'll probably start on the 4th line.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Well, that's hard to say. Our bottom 6 has way too many options to know for sure how it'll play out. I will say Maurice definitely seems to have time for Lowry, so he'll get his chances. No idea how good he'll be this year, but in his first year he looked like an amazing 3C. Not last year though. Needs to work on his quickness if he wants to be a 3rd liner, I think. He'll probably start on the 4th line.

Yeah, Lowry should be one of the lock ins in the fourth line, unless he craps in the training camp.

Third line has many options with proven offensive abilities

Perrault, Stafford

And more skilled young guys like

Connor, Petan, Dano

Then Jets added Matthias.

I hope Lowry does well, as it will be for the better (Jets) if he does.

A third line C , that is big and can grind, play solid D. so a little more offensive flair will be good.
Also I don't think he is devoid of any offensive abilities as much as some people might suggest as he did score 12 goals on bottom 6 line roll.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Although Armia has good tools, he is not productive at all. Dano scored nearly as many points as he did in half the games, and hits more. Armia seems to always have a high compete level, but he just seems to have a redundant skillset and doesnt do anything to overly improve the jets bottom forwards.

I like Lowrys physical attributes, but hes not cut for that shut down C role that P.Mau tried deploying him. and hes not skilled enough to lead a scoring 3C role (that should be held for perrault), Lowry just seems like a redundant forward at this point too

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
After a rough start he got better and better throughout the year and even had a few moments of brilliance. Hopefully he will continue to improve now that he is finally being given the chance. Not saying he's going to be a top 6er or anything but... check this out!

He's been known for slow starts with new clubs. Turns out that kid barely speaks English. He looks to have all the talent in the world other than being able to make Lowry and thorburn into productive offensive players, but neither could ehlers. I'm excited to see what this kid can do in a couple of years when the club is done burning off out dead undergrowth. Throw this kid out there with like... petan and lemieux and I think we can have a player that's ready for major contributions.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Although Armia has good tools, he is not productive at all. Dano scored nearly as many points as he did in half the games, and hits more. Armia seems to always have a high compete level, but he just seems to have a redundant skillset and doesnt do anything to overly improve the jets bottom forwards.

I like Lowrys physical attributes, but hes not cut for that shut down C role that P.Mau tried deploying him. and hes not skilled enough to lead a scoring 3C role (that should be held for perrault), Lowry just seems like a redundant forward at this point too

Dano also didn't get sentenced to the 4th line. Armia only got to shine when he was out there with other productive players during our injury prone stretch at the end of the season. Dano almost exclusively played in this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad