Confirmed with Link: WPG acquiring Nino Niederreiter from NASH for a 24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Nino might be my favourite Jet.
Mocking SpongeBob 04112023115944.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope the Jets sign Nino for an extension, as he's a big bodied guy, that's not afraid of the heavy traffic in front of the net, where a lot of those tough goals are scored. We have lightweight snipers like Connor/Ehlers( which you need), but we really need to focus on solid depth players like Nino to win games. Our depth players have won us quite a few games this season. Also, he wants to be here, and you need to have players that want to play here, if you want to win as a team. Sign Nino.

Last edited:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Him and Names were quality adds at a really low price. When rookies/prospects are taken into account, our forward depth is disgusting. Those two, the LA Three, Lambo, McGurt, Barlow and Chubby are 9 forwards not named Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Lowry or Perfetti. Long term, we just need to tweak the D a bit and we're nightmare fuel for the whole league, imo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nino is one of those forwards who is not a core star but much better than the usual bottom six players we use. He is something we have always been in very short supply of which is impact, middle six, secondary scoring piece.

Big, strong, crease crasher, plays hard consistently, 200 foot, solid possession, defensively sound.

He falls into a catagory of players I have really liked in 2.0 like Frolic, Perreault, and now Nino. Guys that don’t take shifts off and add something to every line they play on. They are guys I am rarely disappointed in after games because they are so consistent with their effort.

Just turned 31 so I would like to keep him around for sure.

Last edited:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hope we re-sign him on a 2 year deal... he can be what Perreault was to the last Jets contending team, a guy that can go up and down the lineup fixing problems where ever he goes.
It be nice to get Nino on a 2 or 3 year deal, however with him being 31 right now, that would push him up to 33 when looking for another contract. I think he'll be wanting a 4 or 5 year deal minimum. I think 4 would be the limit, and nothing beyond that imo. Ideal would be 3 years for the Jets. Well see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
It be nice to get Nino on a 2 or 3 year deal, however with him being 31 right now, that would push him up to 33 when looking for another contract. I think he'll be wanting a 4 or 5 year deal minimum. I think 4 would be the limit, and nothing beyond that imo. Ideal would be 3 years for the Jets. Well see what happens.
That's what I'm thinking. He probably wants to lock in to finish his career here and squeeze an extra year or two out of us (since we like to give guys extra years :laugh:). Hopefully they find something that works.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That's what I'm thinking. He probably wants to lock in to finish his career here and squeeze an extra year or two out of us (since we like to give guys extra years :laugh:). Hopefully they find something that works.
I agree with you 100 % and I think a compromise is in order, if the Jets want to resign him. Nino knows that he has a little leverage, and that players don't line up to play here, so he'll be looking for as much term as possible -- likely 4-5 years, he'll be asking for.

Reactions: kylbaz

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I like the idea of Nino being re-signed to play with Lowry, with Apples or Baron as the other winger on that line. Move Perfetti back to C when Vilardi returns and put either him or Iafallo on his wing

Things get interesting in the top 6 though. At what point will Rutger, Lambo and Barlow be pushing for spots? All have top 6 upside. Ehlers and Iafallo have one year after this, Connor has two. Schief, Vilardi and Perfetti are all here longer.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad