Proposal: Would you trade Subban/Price for another team's #1Goalie/Dman combination? If so who?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
He won a Norris a season ago... He's a legitimate superstar all the time.

Markov never was the best at anything in his prime. So no, not better than Suban, not by a long-shot.

well subban was amazing that year... but he was just good this year in the regular season. Prime Markov was consistently great. You can think Subban has been better than prime markov year in year out in the regular season, but to claim it's not even close is laughable.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Kings duo is good. So is the rangers. Lundqvist is solid as a rock and has consistently kicked ass since he came into the league. Over the past 5 years combined, I have a hard time picking a better goalie.

McDonagh is obviously one of this generation of habs fans biggest embarassments, and though I think Subban is better, McDonagh's contract is incredible. I'm not saying I would for sure do the trade, but I might consider it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bernier/Phaneuf AINEC.

I mean if you take the first 10 games of the 2013 season and the first 21 of the 2014 season, they are the best players in history.

/leafs fans

Kadri should be on Team Canada... if you cherry pick a hot streak out of this one arbitrary season, he has the best PPG out of anyone not named Stamkos or Crosby.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
There's no goalie I would trade for, and PK can hold his own with any dman, why would we ever do this? To stay the same or possibly get worse?

Quick/Doughty is the closest, but imo, the Gap between Price and Quick is only going to grow in Price's favor

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No one, not even Doughty/Quick.

I think Quick is massively overrated anyways

No.. just no.

The guy's play in his Conn Smythe season was so good that he changed the way a lot of people play the game and how goaltending is taught.

Then he followed it up again this year as a big money goaltender. If I had to pick any goalie in the league I want to go to war in the play-offs with, I choose Quick.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Reinhart/Halak

:sarcasm:

Funny though, while I was checking NYI cap info, this season is the last year that they're paying Yashin

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Doughy/Quick was the first and only one that popped into my head....I thought about it for a second and came to the conclusion that Price is the best goalie in the world and subbans ceiling is ridiculously high.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
No.. just no.

The guy's play in his Conn Smythe season was so good that he changed the way a lot of people play the game and how goaltending is taught.

Then he followed it up again this year as a big money goaltender. If I had to pick any goalie in the league I want to go to war in the play-offs with, I choose Quick.

He was amazing in his Conn Smythe season, but was carried to the Finals by his team this year. This years Kings could've won with anyone in net.

It's not a popular opinion here but I think a truly great goalie needs to be great in the regular season too and for the past 2 regular seasons he's been mediocre at best.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was amazing in his Conn Smythe season, but was carried to the Finals by his team this year. This years Kings could've won with anyone in net.

It's not a popular opinion here but I think a truly great goalie needs to be great in the regular season too and for the past 2 regular seasons he's been mediocre at best.

Other than the first 3 games of the play-offs... He was brilliant. I don't think you can put anyone in the net, win 3 game 7s, and come back from 3-0 down. Quick shows up when it matters the most.

The Kings themselves are not a great regular season team. It doesn't matter. They are incredible when it counts. Just like Quick. He's actually becoming underrated.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I agree, Doughty in the games I watched was easily comparable to Subban. There just seems to always be certain players that get extra praise for being part of a well built team.

So true, and so glad to see people of like mind.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
There is one d-man in the league I'd consider trading Subban for. There's one goalie I'd consider trading Price for. Their names are Doughty and Quick.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I find Lundqvist/McDo, Price/Subban and Doughty/Quick to all be so close together that I'd be hard pressed to say which I'd take.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Pick any team in the NHL's #1 goalie, and #1 defenseman.

Would you trade Price/Subban straight up for that team's? And if so, which teams make the cut and why?

ex: Los Angeles #1 Goalie/Dman would be Doughty/Quick. Do you make that trade? Feel free to list any or every team who you would trade with, and explain your reasonings.

I would rather keep this more about actual skill and talent (as such, you can take a player's age/prime years into account) more than about contracts considerations (salary, whose UFA the next year, etc), but i leave that up to you.

Keep in mind, the idea is that this would be a straight up 2 player for 2 player trade - so you can't be like "well, if said team also adds in this forward or a bunch of prospects maybe". Just a straight up goalie/dman for goalie/dman.

It's not so much a proposal as a plea for attention.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Other than the first 3 games of the play-offs... He was brilliant. I don't think you can put anyone in the net, win 3 game 7s, and come back from 3-0 down. Quick shows up when it matters the most.

The Kings themselves are not a great regular season team. It doesn't matter. They are incredible when it counts. Just like Quick. He's actually becoming underrated.

He had a .915 SV% against Anaheim and a brutal .889 SV% against CHI. He's lucky that his team bailed him out in that series or everyone would be talking about how he choked in the WCF.

Neither are the Habs, but Price can still put up great numbers with us.

I know lots of people will disagree, but I think when his career is done Quick will just be known as another Osgood.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He had a .915 SV% against Anaheim and a brutal .889 SV% against CHI. He's lucky that his team bailed him out in that series or everyone would be talking about how he choked in the WCF.

Neither are the Habs, but Price can still put up great numbers with us.

I know lots of people will disagree, but I think when his career is done Quick will just be known as another Osgood.

Well, I was with you until the last sentence.

Quick is the sole reason why the king won their first cup. If he hadn't been so stellar in the regular season, there's no way the king were even sniffing a playoffs berth. He was also unbeatable in the playoffs that year and really made things easier for his team.

This year ? Not so much. Although he did step up at times when needed. But yeah, he got exposed pretty bad in the first 2 games against SJ. His aggressive style was actually hurting his team a lot. I think the kings would have won the cup with at least one third of all starters this summer provided they didn't happen to be in a huge funk.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
I wouldn't trade Price...

but Subban's contract is just awful...

If he could fetch a package of (Hall or Nudgent-Hopkins) + Yakupov + a pick then I'd make the trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad