Would you trade our pick next year for Slaf?

Would you trade Habs 2023 first pick for 2nd overall in this draft?

• Yes, we get Slaf now

• No, our pick will be lottery pick. It is stacked draft

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Personally I'd have to know what else HuGo had in mind before making this decision. As it stands, I'd rather we pass and continue to ride the wave. Though the idea of adding say Wright/Cooley, plus one of the two defenseman is intriguing. I don't think I'd consider it with Slaf regardless.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
With a lots of HIF maybe…

If we know we can sign Klingbefg to a good contract
If Price give sign to be 100 % ready
If we dump Hoffman etc and we know we can sign a top line winger again to a good contract

Then maybe but probably not since it will be kinda too much of a guess with Price and the Ufa/trade

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Slafovsky reminds me of Pulljarvi and or Laine....
Puljajarvi and especially Laine we’re considerably better prospects. Slaf nowhere near close to either of them at the same point.
I’m no expert but I wouldn’t even consider picking Slaf unless I had the 5th pick and Wright, Cooley, Nemec and Jiricek were all off the board.

The Olympics were a watered down mens league and I wouldn’t say 3 goals and 4 assists in 8 games vs still questionable competition in the World Championships is “killing it”.

I do think people are using recency bias and are being enamored by his Olympic performance which is driving this love affair. I just don’t see the production on a regular basis or a wow factor when I watch him play or really any aspects of his game. I do when it comes to Cooley, the two defenceman and even Wright as an all around player. Again I’m no expert but I don’t get the obesssion with Slafkovsky.
He’s 6’4. If he was 6’, he’d be ranked 5th OA or lower. There are much better and more skilled players than Slaf who are just smaller. Slafkovsky getting a huge bump here due to a size bias that rarely pans out. Top 10 pick, you need to go with skill first and I’m not sure he’s even top 10 for skills either.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
NJD are not trading their 2OA pick for next years 1st rounder. Their GM has a mandate from ownership of making the playoffs this coming season, that pick will be moved for immediate help.

Fitzgerald is likely out of a job if Devils fail to qualify for playoffs, he can careless about “the future”..

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I would be trying to acquire more 1st rounders for next years draft, not trade them away.

Most years there are teams that try to compete by trading their future picks, but end up missing the playoffs. I'd be trying to trade with a team like that (ie. Philly). Their picks might end up being mid rounders or even top 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tetragrammaton

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
...I truly never realized how many Marc Bergevin burner accounts were on this place...:eek3:
Bergevin would be absolutely 100% in love with Wright, style of play and kind of personality.

He's a very Bergevin kind of pick, two-way center, good boy who won't make any noise in the locker room.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Acquiring the 2nd does accelerate our building program. Be same as having terrible year and drafting 2nd. Be one less season of being league doormats.

If Habs brass think Slaf is a core player that is. I am not sure myself but they have studied it deeper than me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad