Would you trade our pick next year for Slaf?

Would you trade Habs 2023 first pick for 2nd overall in this draft?

• Yes, we get Slaf now

• No, our pick will be lottery pick. It is stacked draft

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Obviously a third team would have to be involved as Jersey wants to win now. But one of the top teams in league would move a first line player to get a crack at Bedard. They free up caproom also.

Habs up against the cap cannot improve much this summer. Carey Price bad knees and three rookies on defense our pick will be a high one.

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
No slaf for me. Keep next years first , next year will be much better draft and a chance at bedard. CHL players especially Ontario are the best , overrated Europeans and Americans

Reactions: Cournoyer12

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
No

Slaf does intrigue me but the draft next year is supposed to be stronger , i expect the Habs to still be a bottom feeder and i'd rather have a shot at Bedard or Michkov than Slafovsky

Also if the Habs trade to get another top 5-10 pick this year i'd hope it's to pick one of Nemec or Jiricek along with Wright (or whoever they draft at #1)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Combination of timing and potential would be against it. The habs don't need to get a guy who is closer to the NHL, they won't be good in the next 2-3 years. I wouldn't totally rule out the trade, but you would have to get a massive package back, top prospects plus some guys who can play now. It would be a balancing act because the other team would be banking on the habs being really bad and the habs would only do it if they were going to accelerate the rebuild and not draft top 10. If the habs have a plan their #1 could be overvalued, but with the players they currently have available it's very unlikely.

Just look at a lot of the Leafs trades of picks and prospects, Kurvers for first overall, trading picks for Kessel that ended up being very high and very good... You have to be careful trading firsts.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Slaf is rising last minute and could become next Kotkaniemi; we can no longer risk last minute riser..
Kk, with worse stats in the same league at same age. There is a risk I don’t want to take with Slaf at number 1 pick. Even if he is a legit top 5 pick

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No. I just can't wrap my head around the Slaf hype. I don't see it. Seems overrated based on a couple of tournement showings.

Good prospect with tools and potential? Absolutely. Worth the 1st overall this season or a top 10 pick next season in a deep draft? I'm not sold.
Slaf is killing it vs fully grown men who play professional hockey @ Olympics & WC vs “not yet fully developed boys” @ juniors. He has also played approx 4x as many games over last 2-years vs Wright.

Each tournament is a simply data point that should be used as part of overall analysis and not overly skewed as part of recency bias.

This is a tough call for HuGo and will define their next 5-year tenure, they can’t f*ck it up. This is why they’re getting paid the big $….

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
No. Chances are we aren't a playoff team next season and I doubt Slafkovsky changes that for us.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Let me ask why couldn’t Wright kill it vs boys in juniors, for an exceptional status player on top of it?
a beyond ppg player who has a 200 foot game carrying a garbage team who wouldnt have made playoff without him.

I think he did pretty fine for someone who also missed an entire season of hockey at 16.

So yeah id take the 200 feet center with goalscorer abilities over another Puuljarvi hyped.

Also id pick Cooley or a d-man over his ass at #2 anyways.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Habs could improve next year and pick between 3rd and 8th. Slaf will become a very solid winger with size, something rare and something we don't have. If we say if I prefer Slaf vs Bedard, I prefer Bedard but there is a lot of chances Bedard will be picked by another team.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We are going to get riped next year make no mistake about it. I know we are used to seeing trash teams on paper play above expectations. But we don't have price so bottom of the league it is and I couldn't be happier about it

Reactions: Benstheman

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
You can probably put any of the 7-8 top centers from next draft on the LW and get a better / more dynamic player than Slaf (who is a good player).
If we get another top 5 pick and spend valuable assets to get there, draft a RHD, period.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We are going to get riped next year make no mistake about it. I know we are used to seeing trash teams on paper play above expectations. But we don't have price so bottom of the league it is and I couldn't be happier about it
Did I miss an official announcement?

Probability is low to nil that all the variables contributing to this seasons last place finish will rehash themselves next season:

- all time NHL record for games lost due to injury

- no offseason for R&R for a team coming off the most condensed regular season schedule

- complete loss of leadership core during one offseason

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad