Would you trade our pick next year for Slaf?

Would you trade Habs 2023 first pick for 2nd overall in this draft?

• Yes, we get Slaf now

• No, our pick will be lottery pick. It is stacked draft

Results are only viewable after voting.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I've been in love with Slaf since October, but no, you can't trade that pick in that draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
“A chance at Bedard” sounds about as old as “a chance at Wright” to me already. I absolutely go forward with
Slav-Suz-Cauf + something like
Anderson Wright Gallagher
Drouin-Hoffman-Dvorak-their moms and the rest as a forward group.

What if they finish 26th? What if Bedard is yet another over-hyped kid? Over a kid looks like a sure gamer on your roster? That attack even looks like a potentially young, fun team to watch to me with room to grow.

HF is so much into potential over actual players Suzuki will be in the HOF by the time we get him a left winger!

edit - looking at poll results I’m glad me and myself agree but clearly peeps think next year is something special lol

Last edited:

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
The impatience is hilarious. Truly, most of Montreal's fanbase is utterly unable to stomach a rebuild. Next season is going to be rough for some.

Considering Slaf and next year's pick are comparably close as magic beans go, if the management thinks Wright and Slaf are the next Sedin-esque duo then go for it.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
“A chance at Bedard” sounds about as old as “a chance at Wright” to me already. I absolutely go forward with

What if they finish 26th? What if Bedard is yet another over-hyped kid? Over a kid looks like a sure gamer on your roster? That attack even looks like a potentially young, fun team to watch to me with room to grow.

HF is so much into potential over actual players Suzuki will be in the HOF by the time we get him a left winger!

edit - looking at poll results I’m glad me and myself agree but clearly peeps think next year is something special lol
Its also not just Bedard. Any of the top 3-4 in next years draft would be ahead of anyone in this years...

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Slaf is killing it vs fully grown men who play professional hockey @ Olympics & WC vs “not yet fully developed boys” @ juniors. He has also played approx 4x as many games over last 2-years vs Wright.

Each tournament is a simply data point that should be used as part of overall analysis and not overly skewed as part of recency bias.

This is a tough call for HuGo and will define their next 5-year tenure, they can’t f*ck it up. This is why they’re getting paid the big $….
I’m no expert but I wouldn’t even consider picking Slaf unless I had the 5th pick and Wright, Cooley, Nemec and Jiricek were all off the board.

The Olympics were a watered down mens league and I wouldn’t say 3 goals and 4 assists in 8 games vs still questionable competition in the World Championships is “killing it”.

I do think people are using recency bias and are being enamored by his Olympic performance which is driving this love affair. I just don’t see the production on a regular basis or a wow factor when I watch him play or really any aspects of his game. I do when it comes to Cooley, the two defenceman and even Wright as an all around player. Again I’m no expert but I don’t get the obsession with Slaf.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Based on what criteria? None of those 3 have shown domination vs grown men which Slaf has… on 2-occasions. That doesn’t make him a slam dunk by any means either…

This draft is looking like an all out toss up - more I analyze the situation, the more I get the feel Wright is the default 1OA simply because he was give exceptional player status @ 15-years of age and not because he has actually shown more domination vs his peers
I’m a grown man. Slaf would dominate me at Hockey as well. What’s your point? The men he was playing against……were they even AHL all star quality?

Even against Canada in the World Championships, which is very far from full strength Canada, his day was pretty quiet. Now that’s just one game but it is telling when his production against grown men hasn’t exactly been NHL quality grown men.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Even if you think it's unlikely the Habs are in the race for Bedard next year, the mere chance at a generational player is still worth hanging onto the pick.

Nothings set in stone. Hell we could make the playoffs next year, or we could be terrible. Not worth the risk when drafting Bedard would immediately shape this team's future.

Reactions: HabsForHire

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If you guys expect to compete with

CC-Suzuki-Anderson
Pitlick-Dvorak-Anderson
Ylonen-Evans-Gallagher
Pezz-Poehling-Pitlick

Romanov-Savard
Edmundson-Petry
Harris-Wideman

Allen
Montambault

Lmao? Thats horrible AF, and were not even sure Petry is back.

This is a top 10 pick coming.

we are going to be so bad next year, I doubt Wideman, Petry are back.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If you guys expect to compete with

CC-Suzuki-Anderson
Pitlick-Dvorak-Anderson
Ylonen-Evans-Gallagher
Pezz-Poehling-Pitlick

Romanov-Savard
Edmundson-Petry
Harris-Wideman

Allen
Montambault

Lmao? Thats horrible AF, and were not even sure Petry is back.

This is a top 10 pick coming.

You forgot to include Armia and shitty Hoffman.

Not that it really matters. We gunna suck bad.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

You think Bedard is the over-hyped kid and Slafkovsky the sure gamer? 🤣

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
No. Chances are we aren't a playoff team next season and I doubt Slafkovsky changes that for us.
We dont need him to... its about long term.

We are going to get riped next year make no mistake about it. I know we are used to seeing trash teams on paper play above expectations. But we don't have price so bottom of the league it is and I couldn't be happier about it
Yes yeah brother.. Can't wait to see us gain several top picks the next two years and SUCK...

lol JK go habs go.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
There is zero chance we are finishing anywhere outside the bottom 11 in the league next year. It makes no sense to move next year's pick, even if at worse we only have a 3.5% chance at winning the lottery this is the draft you don't want to lose that pick.

Reactions: HabsForHire

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Minionscannon.gif

...we are not trading next year's lottery pick...either have patience or stop watching hockey for a couple of years, cuz we are gonna be bad...and it will pay off sooner than you think...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00