Proposal: Would you trade Laine for Eichel?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
:laugh:

The Jets will not trade a Forward for Forward, especially a centre.

Scheif
Little
Lowry/Copp/Roslovic

Is an amazing centre group. We don't need to trade an elite winger to add to it.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Jack looke frustrated with his team. Could be on his way out. If Buffalo offered, would you bite?

He most definitely will not be going any where, he is a Stamkos or Tavaras Level player, but I'm not sure if The Jets would give up Laine just yet because of that, we could be dealing with an Ovechkin/ Stamkos/ Kovelchuk level player in the future as well if he just works on a couple things.

I think they are relitely matched in skill and talent in different ways from what I've seen so far, the only difference is ones a Center and ones a Winger, ones obviously more valuable in Hockey but the Jets already have a very good Center that duos about as good as any other duo in the league(when they play together) in Scheifele and Laine, so I'd have to keep Laine for now and see who progresses better and faster towards there peak.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'd personally keep Laine but it probably wouldn't hurt to trade him for Eichel
I just like Laine's play style better and we already have some good centres

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Normally - of course. Franchise center > franchise winger. Easily.

But we already have a player that seems to have made the step to "franchise center" level player in Scheifs. We don't need 2 of those. As a team, IMO we're better of having both: a franchise center and a franchise winger instead of 2 franchise centers.

and also: I'm with DeeQ saying "I think you're reading too much into one interview"

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I have thought for a long time that Eichel is over-rated. Had they been in the same draft I would have drafted Laine ahead of Eichel.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Eichel is not happy in Buffalo what makes you think he'd be any happier with the Jets, a team with results similarly bad as the Sabres?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If Eichel is not happy in Buffalo what makes you think he'd be any happier with the Jets, a team with results similarly bad as the Sabres?

it sounded like he was unhappy due to players not giving 100% and having a lackadaisical effort. The Jets have similar results to Buff but you can't tell me these guys aren't competing and putting in effort

and yes would trade Laine for Eichel. Chef-Eichel would be the best 1-2 C in the league for the next 10 years.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I wouldn't trade Laine for anybody! Just became my new favourite player in the league, not even for McDavid alone, or McDavid and Draisaitl.

Also, don't think Eichel wants out of Buffalo, he just was disappointed in the season. Will be in Buffalo for a very long time.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
dd568f83d2d7b1d80787a9995dea64c1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad