Speculation: Would you trade for Lecavalier?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He went to Philly to 'win'

He was their 4th line by 2014 and they missed the playoffs.

I don't want him anymore.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
On a rational level, I'd say No. Awful contract.

On a personal level, I'd say NEVER. Let him crash and burn and be bought out forever.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
He went to Philly to 'win'

He was their 4th line by 2014 and they missed the playoffs.

I don't want him anymore.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, they actually made the playoffs and had a decent season. But that was no thanks to Vinny.

I have no idea why we're still having that conversation. I didn't want him on that kind of contract last summer, I haven't changed my mind.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
OK. I have a question.

So Lightning bought out his contract, what does that mean? They still pay him but without him playing for them?

Then Flyers signed him to 5M, so he get paid 5M + whatever Bolts owes him??? For the next 5 years!?

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
OK. I have a question.

So Lightning bought out his contract, what does that mean? They still pay him but without him playing for them?

Then Flyers signed him to 5M, so he get paid 5M + whatever Bolts owes him??? For the next 5 years!?

I don't know the exact rule but yes, he is getting paid (although not to the full amount of his contract) by the Lightning and he's earning 100% of his Philly's contract.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
No. He's in decline, and outside of the PP, I don't see much use for him.

His name holds more value than his play at this point of his career.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Maybe wait 1 more year, so he can follow tradition and come play with us at his absolute lowest level,

as is tradition.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I had hoped this crap would end when he signed his huge deal with TB, then when his NTC kicked in as BG was trying to get him, then when he signed with the Flyers. STOP IT. Maybe there are reasons that TB , now Flyers don't want him after one year ? He is French, he is big, he is a center, but he is also past his prime, on a long contract that isn't chump change, and he DOES NOT really want to play here, although now he might think its better than nothing.

Forget it. Screw Vinny. :shakehead

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
No Lecavalier for me, every year we have a post about him, he is signed for 4 more years his play is declining. I would not touch him.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Brière is better than Lecavalier, slightly less expensive and only has one year left on his contract. Why would we make such a trade?

Nope, in no way is Brière better than Lecavalier. His contract length however, that I admit is an annoyance, that's why I said maybe.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I rather wait till he's retired so he can make a comeback with us.

What will happen is for the 5 years after he retires, every year, we will have threads on his rumour to come out of retirement and will the Habs be graced by this guy. It makes me ill because if he wanted to play here so badly, he could have, but chose not to. That is fine, its his choice, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with people falling over themselves for a guy who has had 0 interest in being a Hab.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
hey remember an actor by the name of val kilmer? he was very popular back in the early 90s was like a brad pitt of the era. now he's fat, ugly and making low budget crap movies that no one cares. that is what i think of lecavalier, a 4th liner.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lecavalier doesn't want to play in Montreal, he had a chance to become UFA he sign a 10 year deal, he still became a UFA and signed in Philly, knowing full well that MTL had lot of interet and pressure to sign .

He used MTL both time to sign a better contract somewhere else, so if the right deal come along I love to trade for him and make is life even more misirable hahaha!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, he's had his chances to come here, if he really wanted to he would have by now. I'm tired of seeing guys come get their last paycheck here when they're all but done. No thanks. He'll be back soon enough when his career is done to pollute the air waves as a contributor on one of the various crappy tv shows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad